PDA

View Full Version : HM2 quite slow / HM2 performance

raaaevaen
07-25-2011, 07:20 PM
My pc is not a very fast computer, but i think his system requirements are ok/good enough for HM2. I have a problem with HM2: i think navigating into the software takes too many time and tilts me a lot. Is this related to his beta nature? Have i to do something to increase the speed of HM2?

udbrky
07-26-2011, 03:31 AM
How large is your DB and can you post the specs of the PC too?

SuperSized
07-26-2011, 06:55 AM
I have noticed that switching between some tabs is pretty slow. My PC is fast enough, so this is related db size or the actual program. It feels like it should be faster than the 2-5 seconds it takes to load the next tab.

- Reports tab loads quickly
- Home loads quickly
- HM apps tab loads quickly
- Session tab loads in 4-5 seconds
- Opponent tab loads in 2 seconds

Switching between tabs in the reports tab take 1 - 2 seconds and feels like it should be faster.

raaaevaen
07-26-2011, 08:15 AM
I have noticed that switching between some tabs is pretty slow. My PC is fast enough, so this is related db size or the actual program. It feels like it should be faster than the 2-5 seconds it takes to load the next tab.

- Home loads quickly

Switching between tabs in the reports tab take 1 - 2 seconds and feels like it should be faster.

In my pc every tab loads in 2-3 seconds, very boring.

How large is your DB and can you post the specs of the PC too?

my largest database contains about 700+ sitngo, 20000 hands.
My pc specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 2.27 GHz
RAM 4.00 GB (3.79)
Windows 7 (64 bit)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4

udbrky
07-26-2011, 04:45 PM
When you first load a ribbon after opening HM2, it is caching hands and building the information for that report. Depending on how many hands it is processing, it will take some time. 2-3 seconds is not a long time. Remember that 2 is doing a lot more than 1 did, and sets things up to work faster after it's loaded. So you might notice a little longer in the beginning of a task, but if you measured over the whole course of that task, you'd notice it took less time overall.

roy.goncalves
07-27-2011, 02:42 PM

- Home loads quickly

In HM1 we force you to click "Run" for the opponents tab while in HM2 it happens automatically so total time should be quite a bit faster even though it feels slower. Likewise, switching between reports is actually running the report, updating the hands grid and loading the replayer. We are working on making everything feel much more responsive. Simple reports for the hero run about the same in HM1 and HM2 (these are heavily optimized in HM1) but non hero or more complex reports will run just as fast in HM2 as a simple report runs in HM2 and ten or even in some cases a hundred times faster than the same report in HM1. Try doing the leak buster overall report on a non hero with 100K hands in HM1 and HM2 and you'll see what I mean.

That all being said, please continue to let us know about areas that you feel run too slowly - in most cases it's just a matter of us not spending some time optimizing things a bit

rvg