PDA

View Full Version : Can HEM HUD display stats on OBSERVED tables?

domino66
08-09-2008, 06:53 PM
...e.g. liked PAHUD does?

Or does it require you to be importing hands as you play in order to identify/display stats on the tables?

I opened up a Party table, and the "Table Manager" window identifies it as being open but no stats display on it...

fabio
08-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Right now, you need FreePHG to do this. Just add the FPHG HH folder to the autoimport folders

domino66
08-09-2008, 07:20 PM
ugh - alright, well i guess that's the answer for Party, but what about all of the other sites...can HEM display stats on observed tables for any of them?

Follow-up Q, if you wouldn't mind. Where can I tell the HUD which one of my DBs to draw from for the stats it displays? e.g. I hope it has multi-DB support...? Or will it ONLY draw from the "default" DB that is currently active?

Here's the thing > let's take Party: I currently have a gigantic DB of observed Party HHs...about 1.5 Million in total. Now, I like to keep the hands that I'VE played in in a separate DB (let's call it MyHands). So I've currently set the Auto-Import folder to import the HHs I play into MyHands...I do this by having MyHands as the default/active DB. BUT, I want the HUD to get the stats it displays from my gigantic 1.5M-HH database. So how do I, at the same time, have HEM importing the hands I play into MyHands, while having the HUD draw from my gigantic DB of mined Party hands?

fabio
08-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Add the Importing/HEM Data folder to the autoimports.

No Multi-DB support right now, but you dont need it though. Just use one database and purge your observed hands to save space and speed up everything.

http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=107

domino66
08-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Add the Importing/HEM Data folder to the autoimports.

No Multi-DB support right now, but you dont need it though. Just use one database and purge your observed hands to save space and speed up everything.

http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=107

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not quite sure you understood my question. Let me try re-stating them:

1. Are there any sites for which HEM is able to display stats on an observed table WITHOUT the use of a 3rd-party HH-writing program (like FPHG for Party?) For example, PAHUD is able to recognize that there's an open observed Party, Stars, or FTP table and display stats on it without the aid of any 3rd-party app that writes the observed HH. Any chance of adding that functionality for the HEM HUD?

2. Secondly: OK, so there's no multi-DB support...I guess that means that the HUD is only able to draw from a single DB for the purposes of displaying stats, is that right? Any chance of getting multi-DB support soon?

I'm confused about why you think I would want to "purge my observed hands"?? You understand that those make up like 97% of my massive DBs, right? Here, I'll lay out for you my situation, and you tell me what you think is the best way to go about things.

I play on around 8 different sites. I datamine like crazy on all of them, and up until this point, I had kept a separate PT2 database of observed (aka datamined) hands for each of the sites. So I currently have massive PT2 DBs (think 1 - 2M hands) for each of Party, FTP, Stars, iPoker, Ongame, Pacific etc.

But now I want to start using HEM. Are you saying that the best thing to do would be to import ALL of those hands (so we're talking like 8 to 10 Million total) into a SINGLE HEM database?? Can HEM handle a DB that large???

Also, I hope the above explains why it confuses me why you would tell me to purge all of my observed HHs...as I explained above, datamined/observed HHs account for like 97% of all of the hands that I've collected up to this point, so I definitely want the HEM HUD to be drawing on them for the stats it displays...I certainly wouldn't want to purge them >> they make up the pool of hands with all the stats I have!

fabio
08-09-2008, 09:49 PM
1. Add the Importing/HEM Data folder to the autoimports to be able to see the stats on PokerStars, will be added for Party etc soon. FTP works nonetheless because they write observed hhs into the handhistory folder.
2. I dont have a time frame for you on this

When you purge the hands, you basically "lose" the handhistory itself, but keep the stats gained from it.
There are many people with 10million+ hands in a single database without any problems, Roy and me are 2 of them :)

domino66
08-09-2008, 10:17 PM
1. Add the Importing/HEM Data folder to the autoimports to be able to see the stats on PokerStars

I'm confused about what you mean by the "Importing/HEM Data folder"? Can you tell me which one you are referring to?

fabio
08-09-2008, 10:49 PM
C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data

domino66
08-10-2008, 01:19 AM
C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data

OK, sorry to seem obtuse, but I still don't understand what that folder is...what gets stored in there? Do HHs get stored in there when I'm observing tables....?

fabio
08-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Yes, HM is "mining" 1-2 hands so stats will be displayed

norrisb
08-15-2008, 11:13 PM
1. Add the Importing/HEM Data folder to the autoimports to be able to see the stats on PokerStars, will be added for Party etc soon. FTP works nonetheless because they write observed hhs into the handhistory folder.
2. I dont have a time frame for you on this

When you purge the hands, you basically "lose" the handhistory itself, but keep the stats gained from it.
There are many people with 10million+ hands in a single database without any problems, Roy and me are 2 of them :)

I tried doing this and still not able to get observed data, you think you could take a look at it?

morny
08-16-2008, 03:07 PM
What site is this for?

Have you unticked "Disable HUD when there is no hero" in Hud Options?