PDA

View Full Version : Some features I'm yet to find

Hood
07-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Not sure if these have been removed or I just can't find them yet:

- "Group By Player" on reports. This was my default view for reports in HM1 - because I play on multiple sites and use an alias, it gives me an overview of where I got the most action by breaking things up by player (which in effect, breaks it up by site). This right now actually is making me switch back to HM1.

- Popping out the hand view from the replayer. When playing live, clicking on a hand brings up the window that shows (a very nicely formatted!) hand view, you can copy various forum formats to the clipboard, etc. I can't see this from the replayer. There seems no way from the replayer to, for example, copy the current hand in 2+2 forum format. When I switch to 'hand view', it isn't showing the same hand the replayer is on.

- A way to say 'auto apply filter changes to all tabs'. I see there is a 'apply these filter to all tabs' in the ribbon, but this has to be clicked each time; I want it to automatically be applied like in HM2. Honestly I think this should be set by default as right now it's very unintuitive. The reason is the way you have the interface now - the filtering is 'above' the report tabs. Intuitive this implies to me that a change to a filter should effect all the tabs below it.

A few issues:

- The ribbon main menu only has the option 'exit'. This should contain at least settings and DB management imo, and HUD config would be good too.

- The HUD preview in the HUD configuration would be much better if it actually had some numbers. How about you the preview shows the HUD for the currently active player in the reports?

- Lots of options removed from the right-click menu on the hand list. Like 'replay all hands', 'replay selected hands'. It took me a *long* time to work out how to replay all hands. (first you have to ctrl-A to select all hands, this will replay all hands on the mini-replayer, then you can pop it out). But this method still only replays the top 100 hands.

- I would strongly recommend adding 'cash results graph' as a default report to new HM2 installs; it took me quite a long time to find. Also as much as these new graphs are new pleasing to the eye, they seem to be a step back in features: I can't hover over the graph and see the x/y intersection, there's no right-hand Y-axis, there's no clear distinction of where the 0 x-axis is, I can't draw a box to zoom-in on certain hands. It also redraws every time i click on a dropdown; you probably want to bind the refresh to OnChange on these controls rather than OnClick/OnMouseDown

One other thing I thought of - the 'upload this hand to My HM' is a nice feature but the hands are uploaded privately. The resultant URL can't be shared with others. I appreciate the concerns over privacy but this is going to (a) cause support a huge headache with lots of people asking 'when i send this url to friends they can't see it' and (b) I think is unaexpected/unintuitive.

Imo make these urls semi-secure by making them unguessable (some random key in the querystring). That way only people I share the URL with can see it, but it's ready to be shared. What I realllly want is

- click button
- HM says 'Hand uploaded to hxxp://my.holdemmanager.com/xfhj3gidj3/4/- this has been copied to the clipboard. Would you like to view it?'

boom i can now just copy/paste this in to my AIM chat, skype study group, on to a forum, etc. One click and it's ready to share.

udbrky
07-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Not sure if these have been removed or I just can't find them yet:
[\QUOTE]
Going to hit these up one by one

[QUOTE]
- "Group By Player" on reports. This was my default view for reports in HM1 - because I play on multiple sites and use an alias, it gives me an overview of where I got the most action by breaking things up by player (which in effect, breaks it up by site). This right now actually is making me switch back to HM1.[\QUOTE]

This is requested and in the pipeline

[QUOTE]
- Popping out the hand view from the replayer. When playing live, clicking on a hand brings up the window that shows (a very nicely formatted!) hand view, you can copy various forum formats to the clipboard, etc. I can't see this from the replayer. There seems no way from the replayer to, for example, copy the current hand in 2+2 forum format. When I switch to 'hand view', it isn't showing the same hand the replayer is on.
[\QUOTE]

Sessions and reports update in real time and do change the hand being viewed when new hands import. I will see if we can lock the hand being viewed if you manually change it.

[QUOTE]
- A way to say 'auto apply filter changes to all tabs'. I see there is a 'apply these filter to all tabs' in the ribbon, but this has to be clicked each time; I want it to automatically be applied like in HM2. Honestly I think this should be set by default as right now it's very unintuitive. The reason is the way you have the interface now - the filtering is 'above' the report tabs. Intuitive this implies to me that a change to a filter should effect all the tabs below it.
[\QUOTE]

This was discussed heavily when this feature was implemented. Not everyone wants to apply to all. Having the 'apply to all' button is a compromise to allow those who want to apply some filters, but not all filters to all reports to do so. For example, I will filter by date for all reports, but then run a different filter depending on the report I'm looking at a lot of times.

[QUOTE]
A few issues:

- The ribbon main menu only has the option 'exit'. This should contain at least settings and DB management imo, and HUD config would be good too.
[\QUOTE]

These are available in every ribbon - or the bottom bar in the program. This seems redundant.

[QUOTE]
- The HUD preview in the HUD configuration would be much better if it actually had some numbers. How about you the preview shows the HUD for the currently active player in the reports?
[\QUOTE]

The preview is kept small, to fit into the hud options. I'm not really sure how this would help seeing actual numbers. You can adjust the hud using the replayer, and it's an excellent way to check out your hud before taking it to a live table. Can you explain further what you want to use this for?

[QUOTE]
- Lots of options removed from the right-click menu on the hand list. Like 'replay all hands', 'replay selected hands'. It took me a *long* time to work out how to replay all hands. (first you have to ctrl-A to select all hands, this will replay all hands on the mini-replayer, then you can pop it out). But this method still only replays the top 100 hands.
[\QUOTE]

Right click menu will be expanded. The replayer limits to 100 hands for stability reasons. One of the new features we have added is that you can right click and play all hands from that table/tourney. I'm checking on changing the limit for hands loaded into the replayer.

[QUOTE]
- I would strongly recommend adding 'cash results graph' as a default report to new HM2 installs; it took me quite a long time to find. Also as much as these new graphs are new pleasing to the eye, they seem to be a step back in features: I can't hover over the graph and see the x/y intersection, there's no right-hand Y-axis, there's no clear distinction of where the 0 x-axis is, I can't draw a box to zoom-in on certain hands. It also redraws every time i click on a dropdown; you probably want to bind the refresh to OnChange on these controls rather than OnClick/OnMouseDown
[\QUOTE]

These are planned enhancements to the graph

[QUOTE]
One other thing I thought of - the 'upload this hand to My HM' is a nice feature but the hands are uploaded privately. The resultant URL can't be shared with others. I appreciate the concerns over privacy but this is going to (a) cause support a huge headache with lots of people asking 'when i send this url to friends they can't see it' and (b) I think is unaexpected/unintuitive.

Imo make these urls semi-secure by making them unguessable (some random key in the querystring). That way only people I share the URL with can see it, but it's ready to be shared. What I realllly want is

- click button
- HM says 'Hand uploaded to hxxp://my.holdemmanager.com/xfhj3gidj3/4/- this has been copied to the clipboard. Would you like to view it?'

boom i can now just copy/paste this in to my AIM chat, skype study group, on to a forum, etc. One click and it's ready to share.

You can use "Upload to twitter" for this. That creates a link that will be shared to your twitter followers - or anyone else that you send it to manually.

Thank you for the suggestions, feel free to discuss my responses.