PDA

View Full Version : Import Hands Over Network?

PatInTheHat
05-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I currently run HM on my Poker machine that I play from all day and at the end of each night I import hands from another machine that I use to datamine. I'm wondering if it's possible to have HM import the hands off my mining computer while i'm playing off the network? If so how would I go about setting it up?

morny
05-01-2009, 06:09 PM
So you play on PC 1 and mine on PC2 and PC1 and PC2 are connected via a local network is it?

PatInTheHat
05-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah exactly

morny
05-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Ok when selecting the import folder just go to Network Places and choose the folder on the other PC where your saving the mined hands and it will auto import them as your mining

PatInTheHat
05-04-2009, 02:06 AM
I've followed the steps however HM does not detect the hands on the other computer.

I have access to the folder and can manually transfer the hands over for HM to import but I would really like for HM to import them in real time.

PatInTheHat
05-04-2009, 02:11 AM
I closed down Party and FreePHG on the mining computer and tried importing a few minutes later and HM did detect the files.

Not really sure what the problem is, perhaps it can't import them while FreePHG is still accessing the file? I also noticed the Hands did not move to my Holdem Manager Hand History and the files were not archived from the mining computer.

udbrky
05-04-2009, 02:46 AM
I was trying a similar process recently, and had 2 DB's, one on laptop, one on desktop. I discovered that each was missing hands. I could not get them to import hands that were processed by HEM.

So what I did was, create a new DB on my laptop - so it is always with me if I leave, and then play on my desktop. I just tell HEM to find the laptop DB, and that works smoothly.

If you set it to auto import while playing, it will take forever, because it will be importing all those files and hands from the mining, rather than the ones you're playing currently.

morny
05-04-2009, 10:25 AM
I closed down Party and FreePHG on the mining computer and tried importing a few minutes later and HM did detect the files.

Not really sure what the problem is, perhaps it can't import them while FreePHG is still accessing the file? I also noticed the Hands did not move to my Holdem Manager Hand History and the files were not archived from the mining computer.

Email me and ill have a look via teamviewer and also link to this thread morny@holdemmanager.net

PatInTheHat
05-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Tested it some more today and it seems to be working perfectly. Importing and Archieving!

PatInTheHat
05-05-2009, 02:03 AM
So far I have Party and OnGame working perfectly however for some reason HM does not want to import Ipoker Hands over the network. Any ideas?

morny
05-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder and you might want to remove any usernames before attaching it or email it to me morny@holdemmanager.net and ill see if anything looks out of place

PatInTheHat
05-05-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm just impatient I guess, it finally started working. So far i've got 3 sites mining and importing while playing with only a bit of delay on the imports. OnGame holds me up a bit on auto import but it's do-able.