PDA

View Full Version : # of Hands - Reports vs Sessions

The Minder
05-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Ok, still getting used to the intricacies of HEM, but this one has me stumped.

If I look at Cash Games / Sessions it shows I've played about 360ish hands.
If I look at Cash Games / Reports it only shows 14 hands.

I only play Holdem. HEM is 1.08. Is this one of those times I should export and re-import the database? Advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Update #1: On my own initiative, I downloaded HEM 1.08.01, exported all my data, created a new database, re-imported all the hands. I still get the hand count disparity for cash games between the 'sessions' and 'reports' tabs, and now all of my winnings for tourneys has disappeared. HEM still shows I won a good numbers of tourneys, but the amount won field is now blank. Not good. Reverting back to the old database until Morny or someone can solve this for me.

Let me guess. I should have exported the data B4 updating HEM?

Update #2: Looking further into the 'reports' side:
Tourrney/Reports/Holecards shows the best hand I've had is QJs,
Cash Games/Reprots/Holecards shows the best hand I've had is also QJs

and I know this to be incorrect. My conviction in the HEM database is starting to diminish. Any ideas?

morny
05-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Go to Cash Games / Sessions and click on Filter > Use for all, now does it still show a different amount in reports?

The Minder
05-01-2009, 11:44 PM
No change Morny.

Oddly enough, I am now also getting a spurious player id when I select the 'change player' drop down box. My two IDs plus my alias (to combine data from FTP and PS) are there, but now I also have this other entry. How would I get rid of that?

Regards

morny
05-02-2009, 04:21 PM
You cant remove players from that list, can you try this for the other issue, export some hands, create a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and then import some hands and see if there is a difference between the two tabs now

The Minder
05-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Morny.

I didn't do an export/import... will do that later today my time. What I did do was create a new db and import from the original HHs and got the same result except that this time 99% of my winnings were not shown even tho within HEM it showed I won the tourney (ie, the $ didn't come across but the placing did). As a test, I downloaded PT3 and imported the same HHs into it and got results the same as with HEM b4 I upgraded to the latest HEM... in other words, everything worked fine so it appears there's an issue within HEM.

Will try your suggestion in about 4 hours.

Regards

The Minder
05-03-2009, 04:02 AM
Morny

Using HEM 1.08.01 I exported all hands, created a new db and imported all hand into the new db. Cash Games/Sessions now shows 33 hands played which also matches the Cash Games/Reports list. However, 33 hands played is not a number I consider accurate.

Under Tourneys, the list shows that I won and/or cashed in many tournies, however the $ amount won is blank in all except 2 instances. Additionally, HEM now shows me as a loosing player in cash games, which is incorrect.

The problem with my highest hole cards being QJs remains.

The same data imported into PT3 shows what I know to be the correct position for both ring games and tournies and thus differs greatly from what HEM is reporting.

morny
05-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Can you email the HH to morny@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

The Minder
05-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Can you email the HH to morny@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

What exactly do you want Morny, the whole database or a single hand history from one game/tourney.

Btw, I reverted back to HEM 1.08 beta, and all the data now appears correct. I then updated to 1.08.01 again, and I'm back to the corrupt, or at least inaccurate, data. I'm going back to 08 beta until this is resolved.

morny
05-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Email me that sample of 33 hands or another sample and just let me know how many hands from that same sample imported successfully into PT

The Minder
05-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Well, I'd like to send you some HHs. But now HEM appears to have lost all data, and the reports from the cash games tab. Even trying to do a re-import yields nothing. Ooops, I tell a lie... there's one $2.25 MTT showing.

I think it's time for a fresh install of the package which I'll grab from the HEM web site.