PDA

View Full Version : Importer seems broken on 1.08.01

cubicle
04-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Ever since updating to 1.08 (and since 1.08.01) I can't get any hands to import on FTP. They just all come up as errors. HM does still move the files though.

Importer initializing doesn't go away either.

I have tried to re-install to no avail. Running Vista x32 on mac through parallels.

cubicle
04-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Not sure what this means but if I try to import hands already in the database it says DUPLICATE hand not ERROR. I thought it had something to do with the hand histories changing on FTP but they look identical to me.

morny
05-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Can you try creating a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and see if the hands now import

Skittlebrau
05-01-2009, 11:38 PM
I think the issue is that the mac client for FTP is writing out hands differently for some reason. I can import my hands played on my windows machine fine, but those played on my macbook are erroring out.

For the differences: first of all, they are in unicode instead of ANSI. Second, they have a weird 0xFFFE character in front of every line -- normally this is the unicode byte order marker when it's at the beginning of a file, but it's in front of each line. So maybe that's throwing off the parser.

edit: this was working fine for me on mac & pc hands until the recent FTP patch.

cubicle
05-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Sweet, I'll send some HH to you guys and maybe we can get a fix out.

Rvg72
05-02-2009, 06:30 PM
I think the issue is that the mac client for FTP is writing out hands differently for some reason. I can import my hands played on my windows machine fine, but those played on my macbook are erroring out.

For the differences: first of all, they are in unicode instead of ANSI. Second, they have a weird 0xFFFE character in front of every line -- normally this is the unicode byte order marker when it's at the beginning of a file, but it's in front of each line. So maybe that's throwing off the parser.

edit: this was working fine for me on mac & pc hands until the recent FTP patch.

Yeah, this is the issue. FTP changed something on the Mac version. I should be able to fix this for 1.08.02

EDIT: To make this even more fun, I've received 2 sets of files from people with this issue and the leading extra character is different in both cases...

EDIT: If you open the files with Wordpad, select that extra character and press Ctrl-C and then press Ctrl-H (replace dialog) and press Ctrl-V in the "Find What" box and leave the "Replace With" empty and then resave the file it will import ok. The problem is that if I try to correct this most likely temporary FTP bug in the importer it could have broader implications for FTP importing - for example I would need to add extra processing on every hand to try and detect these preceding characters so for 99.9% of people extra work and processing would be done and it is wasted on them since they are not importing these types of hands.

Roy

cubicle
05-02-2009, 06:48 PM
K, posted on 2+2 hopefully FTP will get a fix out.