PDA

View Full Version : HEM with MySQL

N0-L1m1T
07-24-2011, 05:27 AM
Hi,
Is it possible to run HEM on a mysql backend? Are there any instructions on what needs to be done? I assume a mysql schema is needed. Does one exist?

Regards,
Dave

netsrak
07-24-2011, 05:49 AM
HEM only supports Postgresql databases. There is no way to use it with other database solutions.

ValerieS
02-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Sorry if I may sound like an idiot, but does this mean that HEM will not work with various mysql cloud database (http://xeround.com/) solutions? I found one's free, supposedly, and so I was thinking about this option.

N0-L1m1T
02-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Hi,
What I think he's saying is that there's no mysql schema available. And, the HEM client wouldn't work with a MySQL backend because of differences in query syntax. Bottom line is that the wider user base isn't technically demanding enough (they're gamblers, not technologists) for HEM to feel the need to support a MySQL backend as an option.

Maybe one day we'll see a HEM-MySQL. But I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one especially seeing as the HEM2 thing hasn't been done well at all.

Regards,
Dave

Patvs
02-29-2012, 03:23 AM
We experimented with SQL Lite, but also dropped that.
Cloud database sounds like something we do want to support, but that will more likely end up in HM3 in 5+ years.