PDA

View Full Version : I am still having the windows 7 update problem!!!!

benstunner
07-23-2011, 10:42 PM
I went out of town for a week and came back and I am still having the same frustrating problem. When HEM loads the intro screen does not load properly (looks the same as the original screen shot that was posted in the original thread) and when I click anything I get the HRESULT: 0x800703E6 error still and HEM is forced to shut down. The only way I have been able to solve this is by going and deleting previous windows updates:
KB2533623
KB2532531
KB2507938
KB2555917

It's fine for now but it is getting frustrating and I would really like to have this problem solved ASAP as it is going to be annoying that I am having to uninstall these updates daily in order to play. Please tell me what else I can do besides downloading the new patch because that is not working for me.

netsrak
07-24-2011, 05:53 AM
This was fixed in 1.11.07a: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe
Please make sure to choose your original HM installation folder during the update procedure.

benstunner
07-24-2011, 03:05 PM
I did download 1.11.07a before I left and I tried again now... still not working.

However what I've now noticed though is that on start up of HEM it still says 1.11.06g even after downloading 1.11.07a.

I've installed it to the same folder.

I never had this problem before on my old computer (I just got this new computer a couple of weeks ago). Is there some option I need to select in Windows 7 to be able to update my HEM to 1.11.07a?

Patvs
07-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe
Run the update again, and make sure it updates the folder where you actually have HoldemManager installed
After the update, HoldemManager should show 1.11.07a

benstunner
07-24-2011, 04:09 PM
I think I fixed the problem now. I was installing the new download to the folder holdem manager when for some reason on my new computer i guess i originally DLd hold em manager to the folder holdemmanager/HEM so it was downloading into the main folder instead of the sub folder. Thanks for the help