PDA

View Full Version : Layout / Look + Usability

tobytoby
07-23-2011, 05:03 PM
What are other peoples thoughts on this? I really can't stand the look of the application, I want to say it is just because I am not used to it but I find the application overley cluttered with content on the screen and the ribbon effect/buttons/colours just don't look very good. I didn't really like the look of HEM 1 but learnt to live with it, but not so sure I will be able to use HEM 2 more than once

udbrky
07-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Any time personal preferences are involved, general consensus and compromise decisions need to be taken into account.

Use it for more than a couple hours before making that decision. Check out the performance, and see if you don't think it's better.

tobytoby
07-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Sure, It might just me. The performance is definitely better, it imports hands faster although there seems to be some features that are either missing or I am looking in the wrong place.

If you load up Microsoft Word along with HEM 2 you can see how the Ribbon effect looks nice in Microsoft Word but to me in HEM 2 it looks like it was started but never finished and I also find that everything being on the same page too cluttering for my eyes. If I want to look at a graph I want to see the graph, I don't want to have all the information around the graph.

Although I will give it a go

udbrky
07-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Any features you find missing, post about.

Hilips
07-23-2011, 05:55 PM
I agree, its to much in every "tab". I don't like the look of HM2, but this might just be because its new and im used to HM1. In time it will grow on me im sure.

An option to hide the countless replayers all over the place with be nice IMO.

The one think i relly don't like and i think it was a mistake to change is the way we add/delete stats on reports. Now we just have a very small window with a very big list of stats all mixed together that we have to scroll and scroll (or just search i know). I really liked the big window with stats divided by strets/actions/wtv.

Almost the same thing happens on the Filters, now instead of a vertical box, small scroll, more viewable filters, we have a very small horizontal box with them and we can't even maximize or resize the window. It would be much better to have the filters and the applied filters both verticaly, that way we could see more filters.

udbrky
07-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Adding stats layout has been suggested - you can search by keywords with it. It's a lot easier if you don't know what section/where it was in the HM1 method.

You can choose to have the hand viewer instead of the replayer. Collapsing the replayer was discussed, but is not feasible.

juicyfruit
07-23-2011, 06:44 PM
I misss the "Active Player Detail Window" in HM2.

udbrky
07-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Then you're goin to love this.

sreticentv
07-23-2011, 07:08 PM
As someone who has been using hm2 for about 10 months now, I can agree that at first I didn't like the layout either. It did definitely grow on me and I strongly dislike using hm1 now because it takes half as long to find things in hm2.

The one thing I know is that HM management is paying a lot of attention to how people like the layout and if there's a consensus, changes will be made :)

udbrky
07-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Good point, I'm not saying there won't be changes, but give feedback and constructive criticism, but use it for a while first. I too get lost in 1.0

Veteran68
07-23-2011, 07:16 PM
I've been using HM2 for about 3 months now, and I too found the new design jarring, but having worked in software development for 25+ years, I understand this is a normal reaction and just gave it some time. About a month or so ago I closed HM1 for the last time and never looked back. Trust me, it will grow on you. That's not to say there's room for some UI improvement in certain areas, but overall it's a much better experience once you get used to it.

juicyfruit
07-24-2011, 07:34 AM
what about showing potodds in percent in replayer like in HM1? where can I change this ?

sreticentv
07-24-2011, 07:51 AM
there should be a button on the top right that looks like a gear. Click that and it gives you a drop down menu

juicyfruit
07-24-2011, 08:38 AM
in my replayer dropdown menu i can only choose to show win in percent not potodds.

morny
07-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Yeah 2 area's under discussion are the stats selection and the bottom pane window whether to make it collapsable or not. For the stats what well probably do is allow you to select from one or more categories, for example you might select the 3bet and flop categories from the menu, only stats tagged as 3bet and flop stats would appear, this should make it more powerful than HM1 because with HM1 a stat might apply to several categories but could only be placed in 1 category, so if you knew the stat you were looking for but didnt know if it should be in 3bet, flop or raise section it was hard to find plus you would have a ton of other non relevant stats also showing.

The biggest problem i think people have with the current setup is that you cant see all the stats from a category, you have to type the keyword first, with the new system you will have both the ability to view all or several categories like you did in HM1, but it will take up way less space and will also have the ability to drill down and filter out non relevant stats if necessary.

The discussion we had about the bottom window was some of the systems we used weren't intuitive, so when it was collapsed it wasnt always obvious they could expand it and we weren't sure if this would be an issue especially with less techinical users. If the feedback is that people would like the option of collapsing the replayer window to use a similar 2 window system to HM1 then we can look again and see what options are available and see if we can find something intuitive. The ability to collapse would give people more flexibility so i think its worth looking at again. Not sure about the development time involved at this time for such a solution though.

The good thing about Beta is it allows us to get valuable feedback from users like yourselves and its certainly something we will look at when we put all the feedback together. Im sure there are a couple of areas which we got wrong and if the feedback suggests this then were more than happy to look at it again and see how we can improve it. That said i think what other said about letting it sink in is also very true, i've used countless software which have made big updates and i always hate it initially but thats because its unfamiliar, once you get used to it for the most part its an improvement but if not well look at it again

Hilips
07-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Usabitly issues on the HUD:

- Sessios stats: a bunch of clicks just to see the stats of a player, and the worse part is that now it changes the stats for all players instead of the one i want. This will be a prolem when we want to see stats from two players if one of them only have total.

On HM1 we just had to double click a player. (see how it was easier to explain too)

- HH viewer, the cards/suits should be much much bigger like before. Its faster to read the hh in play obv.

- Replay Last Hand should have a shortcut on the HH viewer too IMO.

udbrky
07-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Session hud suggestion Makes a lot of sense, passing it along. Thank you.

I need to clarify the hh viewer and replay last hand suggestions.

If you double click a player's name in the last x pots part of hte summary hud, you can bring up that hand history, and choose a previous one from the dropdown.

This seems like it is what you are asking for in the last 2 suggestions. Are you meaning something else?

Hilips
07-25-2011, 08:46 AM
I called that box HH Viewer, not sure what the real name is. In that box i think it would be better to have the cards/suits bigger like the ones in HM1 or like the ones that show when you go to showdown. Just because its easier/faster to read in play.

The other suggestion was to put this button bellow, that will open the actual replayer, in that same hh box:

http://i.imgur.com/o51Rn.png

I think it makes sense to have all this options regarding HH in the same place.

Anyway, after more time using HM2 i have more sugestions regarding usability. Please add the hability do add AND remove filters with double click. In HM1 we have both options, now in almost every box we can only add a filter by selecting and click on "+" or "-" to remove.

udbrky
07-25-2011, 01:03 PM
There are a lot of filters where you need to add values which make it harder to do double clicks. But this is being looked at.

That makes more sense about the last hands. I passed those along. You can also view hands in the active sessions tab.

JimmyChances
07-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Regarding the lay out of the replayer for 6 max. Are there any plans to change the seating so that the seats are spread out around the table rather than all down the right side of the table? When i'm doing training videos and bring up the HUD on the replayer it looks really cluttered down the right side of the replayer table.

Patvs
07-26-2013, 10:41 PM
On which site did you play these 6max hands?

One of the problems with the replayer is, HoldemManager for many pokersites (PKR, Ongame network) detects ALL hands as full ring hands.

JimmyChances
07-27-2013, 04:22 AM
On which site did you play these 6max hands?

One of the problems with the replayer is, HoldemManager for many pokersites (PKR, Ongame network) detects ALL hands as full ring hands.

I see. I play on PKR. Is there any work around for this?

Patvs
07-27-2013, 06:15 AM
For Ongame: no. An Ongame headsup hand vs 6max hand vs full ring uses the same handhistory formatting.
They're indistinguishably from each other.

For PKR: it's actually a HM2 bug the replayer detects the 6max hands as 10max.
Bugticket on this issue is HM-6876. I've added your email address to the bug ticket, so you'll be automatically notified when it is fixed

JimmyChances
07-27-2013, 12:36 PM
For Ongame: no. An Ongame headsup hand vs 6max hand vs full ring uses the same handhistory formatting.
They're indistinguishably from each other.

For PKR: it's actually a HM2 bug the replayer detects the 6max hands as 10max.
Bugticket on this issue is HM-6876. I've added your email address to the bug ticket, so you'll be automatically notified when it is fixed

OK. Thanks for replying and adding my email address to the bug ticket.