PDA

View Full Version : Beginners layout for MTT and SnG

StrikingEagle
04-30-2009, 06:57 AM
This is a HUD layout I created for MTT and Sng, what I typically play.
any suggestions are welcomed as this is my first attempt at creating this.

here is a brief explanation of what I have and why:

Abbreviation Name
--------------------------
Pre-flop raise / Limp / Fold to 3-Bet
---------------------------------------
Donk Bet / Bet Flop / Flop CB / Fold to Flop CB
Flop
--------------------------------------------------
Aggression % / # Hands

I selected pre-flop raise and limp instead of VPIP for more accurate information. I'm amazed at how many people limp and how often.

I was interested in seeing how effective a 3-bet would be on individuals who fold to that type of bet. that's why that stat is there.

Donk bet is an interesting stat because it's making me aware of how often someone else bets before the official raiser.

The number of hands I like because I can tell if someone new was transported to the table (in case I didn't notice their arrival)

The rest are self explanatory.

I have color coded the stats to show red as danger warning, violet as high danger warning, yellow as caution, and green as go after them.

So, a HUD display with lots of red and violet is a person who is agressive and betting lots. sometimes their stack sizes reflect the results...lots of chips.

Someone with lots of green is passive and sometimes with smaller chip stacks.

Again if anyone has any suggestions or changes, I welcome your input.

Below is a photo of desktop with the HUD displayed. Hope this works.
Thanks in advance for your input.

http://image62.webshots.com/662/3/59/34/2307359340080722270BHTbxa_fs.jpghttp://image73.webshots.com/173/0/90/13/2900090130080722270REyuZY_fs.jpghttp://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww47/StrikingEagle/screenshot5_best_JPEG.jpg

StrikingEagle
04-30-2009, 08:58 PM
here are the parameters for the stats used in the HUD displays shown above.
If anyone has suggestions on how to improve or has better numbers, please reply.

name = white

pre-flop raise
green = < 5.0
yellow = < 10.0
red = < 15.0
purple = < infinity

Limp
red = < 10.0
yellow = < 30.0
green = < infinity

fold to 3-Bet
green = < infinity
yellow = < 20.0
red = < 10.0

Donk bet flop
green = < 5.0
yellow = < 10.0
red = < 30.0
purple = < infinity

Bet Flop
green = < 5.0
yellow = < 10.0
red = < 50.0
purple = < infinity

Flop CB
green = < 20.0
yellow = < 40.0
red = < infinity

Fold to Flop CB
green = < infinity
yellow = < 15.0
red = < 5.0

Agression %
green = < 10.0
yellow = < 40.0
red = < 75.0
purple = < infinity

Hands = color is blue

again if anyone can suggest/recommend or see a problem with these
numbers, please let me know,
so far they seem to provide good information, but I am open to change and suggestions.
thanks

StrikingEagle
05-01-2009, 04:21 PM

here are the player preferences .xml file for the above configuration.
hope this helps anyone if they want to use this set-up.
please note, it will work on Full Tilt and Poker Stars.
Possibly other poker sites, but I only play on those two.

thanks...Lyn

StrikingEagle
05-09-2009, 01:21 PM
I have corrected a few things:

Color coded ABB Name for stack sizes.

Added Squeeze and Steal. Both color coded for amount of times this occurs.

Added Check Raise.

Changed Agg % to AGG Factor which is more accurate number per Roy.

so now the HUD display will read as follows:

ABB Name / Steal / Squeeze
-----------------------------------
Pre Flop Raise / Limp / Fold to 3-Bet
Check Raise / Donk Bet-Flop / Bet Flop CB / Fold to Flop CB
-------------------------------------------------
Fold Vrs Flop Bet / AGG Factor / # Hands

I also renamed the file so it's not confused with a default set-up.

here is current SnG and Tournament HUD:

BigBird
05-31-2009, 06:34 PM
thx for this. I am a new user of HEM, going to test it out, but looks good to me so far.

BigBird
05-31-2009, 06:57 PM
One more question:
do U use this feature in your HUD?

Hud Options > Additional HUD Filters

It was the reply to this question:

I´m absolute HM noob: Does HM filter blind lvls during live play?
Where do I set this option?
see here:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showpost.php?p=32868&postcount=10

StrikingEagle
06-01-2009, 06:46 PM
One more question:
do U use this feature in your HUD?

Hud Options > Additional HUD Filters

It was the reply to this question:

see here:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showpost.php?p=32868&postcount=10

no, I don't use the filter feature...didn't see a need, but it would be easy to add.

Barthold
06-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Thank you very much for this information.

Finally someone who gives the value ranges of these stats. I'm new to this program and I don't know yet how to interpret the values.

for instance 3 bet ... what is often ? what is dangerous.. How does it differ Tourney's vs Cash games etc..

Do you know where i can find more of this information.. or is this experience ? I read somewhere that you need at least 2k hands of an opponent or yourself to really make assumptions. But I don't have these numbers yet, so I cannot figure which values I need to set for my Hud..

But thanks this helps me a little on the way. Maybe you have some more idea's how I can progress with this program. I'm now trying the evalution version, I'm considering buying.

one more question: Are the values you enter for the hud color based on percentages or number of times it occurs, I hope the first, but I am not sure so that's why I ask :-)

regards

StrikingEagle
06-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Thank you very much for this information.

Finally someone who gives the value ranges of these stats. I'm new to this program and I don't know yet how to interpret the values.

for instance 3 bet ... what is often ? what is dangerous.. How does it differ Tourney's vs Cash games etc..

Do you know where i can find more of this information.. or is this experience ? I read somewhere that you need at least 2k hands of an opponent or yourself to really make assumptions. But I don't have these numbers yet, so I cannot figure which values I need to set for my Hud..

But thanks this helps me a little on the way. Maybe you have some more idea's how I can progress with this program. I'm now trying the evalution version, I'm considering buying.

one more question: Are the values you enter for the hud color based on percentages or number of times it occurs, I hope the first, but I am not sure so that's why I ask :-)

regards

regarding the 3-bet = I just want to know how often someone is raising what I raise...perhaps they have a better hand or are trying to steal the pot. To me a 3-bet is dangerous because my hand may be beat. If a person does it too often I think they are stealing the pot. That's why the numbers help me.

all numbers/colors are based on percentages which I used from experience.

as for value ranges you may get some better answers from this site:
http://www.cardschat.com/
I like this site a lot.

hope I answered some of your questions...glad this HUD is of some help to you.

As for Holdem Manager, it's a great piece of software...especially helpful in cash games (which I stink at)... with excellent support.
I play mostly MTT and SnG that's why I created this hud.
I do have one for specific for cash games. It's color coded based on % also.

Barthold
06-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the tips. I will check out that site!

Skeete1
07-02-2009, 03:34 PM
tx for this hud cfg , but i had a question , why you don t have put the vpip on this cfg?

kyhn58
07-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Firstly thanks for this config. If it is possibble, could you add also vpip?

AJG
08-01-2009, 01:20 AM
tx for this hud cfg , but i had a question , why you don t have put the vpip on this cfg?

This was explained in OP.
If you think about if, pfr + limp = ~vpip (not including call raised pots though)???

henrykuong
08-06-2009, 03:28 AM
Really great! This is I need. thank all eveyone 4 shared !
calcul pret assurance simulation taux emprunt
immobilier (http://simulationempruntimmobilier.com/) - Taux emprunt immobilier. Comparez les offres d’emprunt immobilier, simulation emprunt immobilier, taux emprunt immobiliercalcul pret assurance simulation taux emprunt immobilier (http://simulationempruntimmobilier.com/)

twobithustle
08-17-2009, 10:57 PM
i just downloaded your hud settings and running them right now in a tournament. thanks for making this available.

Nvr
09-30-2009, 07:39 AM
i am new of holdem manager
i am gonna use this one
thx alot

iKetchup
10-29-2009, 03:20 AM

Color coded ABB Name for stack sizes.

Added Squeeze and Steal. Both color coded for amount of times this occurs.

Added Check Raise.

Changed Agg % to AGG Factor which is more accurate number per Roy.

so now the HUD display will read as follows:

ABB Name / Steal / Squeeze
-----------------------------------
Pre Flop Raise / Limp / Fold to 3-Bet
Check Raise / Donk Bet-Flop / Bet Flop CB / Fold to Flop CB
-------------------------------------------------
Fold Vrs Flop Bet / AGG Factor / # Hands

I also renamed the file so it's not confused with a default set-up.

Thank you for your setup. I like it and primarily play $5 SnG's as I am new.
Since this is your setup for SnG's I would like you to break down exactly how to read and understand your hud, what am i looking for?
Could you or someone please take a few minutes to break this down? and just exclusively to these stats on this hud as this is all I will really use for a while.

Thank you in advance.
iKetchup

Niksu00
11-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi. Do you know is it possible to get stat witch shows how mutch player is open shoving for say < 10bb deep? Also would be nice to have a stat for players bubble play. For example how many % of the hands he/she is playing when there are 4 people left. I tried to search but couldn't find.

fozzy71
11-21-2009, 03:01 AM
Hi. Do you know is it possible to get stat witch shows how mutch player is open shoving for say < 10bb deep?

Not a stat, but you can do some filtering like this perhaps:

HUD Options > Launch Active Player Details Window

Select Villain:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HEM/hm-apdwmtt1a.png

Filter by > [x] Tourney > # of BB's Left > 1 to 10bb

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HEM/hm-apdwmtt1a2.png

Also would be nice to have a stat for players bubble play. For example how many % of the hands he/she is playing when there are 4 people left. I tried to search but couldn't find.

Filter by: # of Players > 2 to 4 > # of BB's Left > 1bb to 81+bb

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HEM/hm-apdwmtt1a3.png

leatherface9
12-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Nice setup. I have a quick question though. Why is it that when I change
Player preferences > Use For > sites (all sites) it won't load for any site? I am trying to get this to work for PS AND FT, however it only works for one or the other when I individually select them - and when I choose all sites it goes back to the default config!

Thanks guys

fozzy71
12-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Any time the rules on the various Use For: tabs confuse HM it reverts to the default HUD. You should set the Default HUD, and any other HUDs you arent using, to a site you never play. Then set the one and only HUD you want to use, to Any Site.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=135

Tangerine 53
01-03-2010, 11:56 AM
I loaded this config and it seemd fine in HEM but wouldn't load a HUD when I tried it in a tourney in Full Tilt. The HUD options in the 'Use for' tab were all set for Full Tilt and Tourneys and the default config switched to a site I didn't use.

When it didn't work I deleted the new config but now I've found that the default config won't work either (and the 'Use for' tab is unchecked for the tourney boxes). So now I've got no HUD that works.

Please help!

Tangerine 53
01-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Just to clarify on my request below.

The default HUD is now not working in any game, not just tourneys. I tried it in some play money cash games just to test.
The auto import is working fine and I can see hand histories of the hands I do play.
I've been through the FAQ for HUD's that don't seem to be working and can't see anything else to help me get this started again.

fozzy71
01-03-2010, 03:20 PM
1) Close HM and the Table Manager. Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe
2) Export any custom HUD configs and Copy/Paste your \Config folder before deleting any files as a backup.
3) Delete your existing HUD Prefs files, so HM will rebuild them to default. If you have any custom HUD's export them first and/or copy the \config folder to back them up.
4) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml, pospref.txt, and pospref2.txt, and pospref4.txt.
5) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and test on a single cash table.

Tangerine 53
01-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Fozzy

Did all of that and still no HUD when I test it on a game. The 'Use for' tab shows that the default config is set to Any site and all games. I am now able to check the tourney boxes. :(

Tangerine 53
01-03-2010, 04:49 PM
OK now I know to test it on a real money game rather than play money...my apologies. All seems ok on the HUD now.

I am a little concerned about this though. Why when I import a new config did this happen? It's making me really wary about importing anymore or about adapting any other configs other than the default which isn't what I bought into in purchasing HEM. So is there a specific reason why this error occurred?

fozzy71
01-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Which file did you import? The first file he posted was exported incorrectly as a customized Default config. Many people customize the Default HUD config and export that, which is very wrong. You want the Default HUD set to a site you never play, and all of your customized HUDs should have their own unique name and settings for the Use For: tab. Then you can export/import these on a site-by-site basis. Once imported you can switch it to Any Site, if you want to use the same HUD on multiple sites.

As long as people export their files properly, you shouldnt have problems. And, if you make sure to export your custom HUDs and back up your \holdem manager folder regularly it shouldnt matter if you did have a problem. You just delete the prefs file, import your backed up HUD files, and you are back to normal in 5 or 10 minutes.

Tangerine 53
01-03-2010, 07:17 PM
I imported the second file which did have a config name as opposed to default and prior to importing had already set the default to a site I don't use. Prior to going into the game I checked that all the 'use for' tabs were correctly set so I still don't understand why it didn't work. As such I am still very circumspect about using other imported tabs. Think I'll work on creating my own and testing them out.

Take your point about saving existing configs though so thanks for that and rest of help.

The1one
01-27-2010, 03:23 AM
I noticed that there is no color coding, or option on your HUD for 3 betting.

What can we consider green, >15%

and red >10%

The1one
01-28-2010, 06:07 PM
as far as the color coding is concerned, if this symbol < means less than

Shouldn't the PFR catagory read opposite of

< 5% = green
< 10%=yellow
< 25%=red

Shouldnt people who are raising less be more dangerous as to people who are raising more Freq? I man if someones raising more than 20%of thier hands, I would assume their F3b will be high also.

The Minder
01-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Depends which way you look at it. VPIP < 5 should be red as villain is only playing premium hands.

However, this is not really a dangerous situation. VPIP between 15 and 30 is (to my mind) more dangerous as this is a villain with a wider, but still tightish, range of holecards.

a.k.a.Also
01-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Depends which way you look at it. VPIP < 5 should be red as villain is only playing premium hands.

However, this is not really a dangerous situation. VPIP between 15 and 30 is (to my mind) more dangerous as this is a villain with a wider, but still tightish, range of holecards.

This makes sense - I'm slowly trying to simplify colours to three so in this instance
<15 red very tight
15 <30 grey proceed with due caution
>30 green much wider range, we should be playing back at these folks.

The problem is deciding how to assign the danger/exploitable red/green to some stats. But someone showing mainly grey stats would be playing thinking poker and is to be taken seriously.

Now if only we could nail down the ranges to be able to make this work ;)

The Minder
01-29-2010, 01:43 AM
I've seen some HUDS that are so brightly colored and using so many fonts that my eyes start bleeding at the thought of using such a HUD. I like the KISS system whereby:

~ anything that is not a danger is grey in colour,
~ nothing is bolded, no matter how important you might think it is,
~ I run 5 stats only in a HUD, and only 3 of them are really important.

I have some thoughts on stats... feel free to pm me.

Don't forget, this is for MTT/SNG only.

$5 SNG PRO
01-29-2010, 05:47 PM

So how would you put this range?

VPIP < 5-14 Tight
VPIP < 15-30 Tight Aggressive (maybe ABC player)
VPIP < 30+ Loose Aggressive

Thanks I am also trying to define these ranges. Maybe tight aggressive doesn't fit the profile but I would say Tight and Loose do.

Thanks

The Minder
01-29-2010, 07:17 PM
So how would you put this range?

VPIP < 5-14 Tight
VPIP < 15-30 Tight Aggressive (maybe ABC player)
VPIP < 30+ Loose Aggressive

Thanks I am also trying to define these ranges. Maybe tight aggressive doesn't fit the profile but I would say Tight and Loose do.

Thanks
I take it from your s/n that you like SnGs... so do I. The thing with SnGs is that you don't get a lot of time sitting with the same players before tables reform and/or people get eliminated. In the case you mentioned, I would still:

< 14 gray
< 30 red
< inf gray

However, I agree that it may be appropriate to tag the < 14 players somehow... just not sure how without turning the HUD into a '60s pop festival.

$5 SNG PRO
01-29-2010, 11:22 PM
I take it from your s/n that you like SnGs... so do I. The thing with SnGs is that you don't get a lot of time sitting with the same players before tables reform and/or people get eliminated. In the case you mentioned, I would still:

< 14 gray
< 30 red
< inf gray

However, I agree that it may be appropriate to tag the < 14 players somehow... just not sure how without turning the HUD into a '60s pop festival.

I actually have been playing with this config and I like it. I have made some mods

I'm thinking of it a different way. I'm trying to use it to exploit people IE if someone is playing too many hands i'll get in with them to have them bet at me if a get a piece. I find people that play too many hands usually are willing to bluff more. As for the golden players i may set mine with 77-.

< 14 gold (if they raise they are probably golden ;) )
< 30 green
< inf PINK ( exploitable )

I'm using it for SNGs and MTT.

Right now i'm just concentrating on these...

Name/M (anything less than 7 is a shove)/Hands (stats only turned on after 10 hands so I know i at least have a small sample size)
VPIP (to get the feel for how active the player is)

I also have PFR/Steal
AGG / Flop CB / Fold to FCB / FLOP CR

but not paying too close attention to those right now.

Thanks for the input

RJL85
02-06-2010, 03:16 PM
i also need to set up a mtt HUD and non turbo 180s and a HUD for turbo SNGs 18/45/180s

then a HUD for cash games ...

need some help

The Minder
02-06-2010, 08:20 PM
i also need to set up a mtt HUD and non turbo 180s and a HUD for turbo SNGs 18/45/180s

then a HUD for cash games ...

need some help

Is that the sound of angels I hear? Soft, rejoicing voices heralding the Almighty's presence, or the thunderous rapture of the Seven Sisters Rugby Club belting out Handel's most famous work? Either way, it's an acknowledgement that I have found another tourney player and you Sir, are likely to become my newest bestest friend.

Unfortunately, HM cannot properly handle what you have requested so please feel free to join with the rest of us tourney players as we seek to have some changes introduced to HM. We don't have a club house yet and membership is small... but we are a force.

Welcome!

a.k.a.Also
02-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Is that the sound of angels I hear? Soft, rejoicing voices heralding the Almighty's presence, or the thunderous rapture of the Seven Sisters Rugby Club belting out Handel's most famous work? Either way, it's an acknowledgement that I have found another tourney player and you Sir, are likely to become my newest bestest friend.

Unfortunately, HM cannot properly handle what you have requested so please feel free to join with the rest of us tourney players as we seek to have some changes introduced to HM. We don't have a club house yet and membership is small... but we are a force.

Welcome!

You sir bought a smile to this furrowed browed, bad beaten, ground down SnG player and for that I thank you - now for the love of all thats holy can I please win an effing 70/30 please.

Or praps I just go to bed and dream the best hand will hold up.

We gonna let him in the club even tho he also wants a cash HUD??

The Minder
02-06-2010, 09:50 PM
You sir bought a smile to this furrowed browed, bad beaten, ground down SnG player and for that I thank you - now for the love of all thats holy can I please win an effing 70/30 please.
Ummm... no, my turn :D

Or praps I just go to bed and dream the best hand will hold up.
Aint gonna happen... you know that.

We gonna let him in the club even tho he also wants a cash HUD??
Sure... once he screams "thank you sir... may I please have another" a few dozen times he'll have that cash game nonsense 'thwacked' out of him.

RJL85
02-07-2010, 05:54 AM
i hope hem will help me win 70 30s !

bloodstein
06-11-2010, 01:40 PM
can some one explain me how to work with the filters i have no idea how to do it!
btw thanks for the hud

christell
01-25-2011, 01:27 PM
hello,

thanks for your share. i got a little problem, i import your HUD successfuly, but it doesn't display well on the table.I mean it's not like your screen, it doesnt display all the numbers + it seems it didn't refresh well, stats are not updated

i prolly missed something but i don't know what

fozzy71
01-29-2011, 08:54 AM
hello,

thanks for your share. i got a little problem, i import your HUD successfuly, but it doesn't display well on the table.I mean it's not like your screen, it doesnt display all the numbers + it seems it didn't refresh well, stats are not updated

i prolly missed something but i don't know what

This is usually because the Use For tab is improperly configured for one or more of your HUD layouts and/or you are not selecting the proper HUD from the Choose Configuration: drop-down menu. The Default HUD should be set to a site you never play, and make sure none of the other layouts have conflicting rules. Any time HM isn't sure which HUD to use, it will revert to the Default HUD (even if it is set to a site you never play).

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Use For - Tab 3 (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/205/Use+For+-+Tab+3)

How To Setup And Use Multiple HUD Configs/Layouts - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=13936)

christell
01-29-2011, 03:45 PM
oki, thanks a lot for your answer, i will check this out

redempt1on
03-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Nice work.
I only miss steal and vs-steal stats. For me one of the most usefull stats in a mtt hud. Specially in mid en later stages. I would consider to put it in somewhere, or at least a good steal pop-up.
Comes in very handy to when building/protecting my stack in later stages.

seqas
04-19-2011, 11:18 AM
thx. gonna try this out :)

arfo
04-27-2011, 04:28 AM

I would like to try this out. Where does the .xml file go?

Patvs
04-27-2011, 09:58 AM
hud options---> player preferences--> IMPORT--->
and then select the .xml file.