PDA

View Full Version : Certain players' HUDs not updating

Veteran68
07-23-2011, 01:44 AM
First time I've seen this, after updating to today's update.

Playing DONs tonight on Merge (Lock) keeping 4 tables going. After awhile, maybe 8-10 tables total, there would be 2-3 players per table whose stats wouldn't update in the HUD. It shows 0 hands and -'s for all stats, except for their BB and M stats, which were updating correctly. The HH's were importing as mine and other players' stats were updating at the same table.

I tried stopping/restarting the HUD, and it didn't help.

morny
07-23-2011, 09:12 AM
I beleive this issue is due to Merge locking the hand history file and HM keeps trying to import the same hands over and over then once the hands in the hand history file get to 100 hands HM stops importing as the auto importer has a failsafe that doesnt allow you import more than 100 hands in one go otherwise it causes big issues, its there to prevent people auto importing a big sample of hands by mistake (they should use manual import for that) but anyway we are currently looking into a solution for this issue for both HM1 and HM2. Would you be interested in helping us out via remote support if we need some details to help fix the issue?

If so please email hm2support@holdemmanager.com

Veteran68
07-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Sure, if we can work out a compatible schedule (usually late evening ET), I'm game for a remote session. Of course the challenge may be reproducing it.

But I always play at least 4-tables at a time per session, well over 100 hands per session, and this is the first time I've noticed this either with HM1 or HM2. I'm wondering if something could have changed just recently, either the Merge client (which as I recall had a small update a couple days ago) or with yesterday's HM2 update that changed this behavior?

Also, wouldn't that cause NO players to update? As I mentioned, this only affected 2-3 players at the tables it happened on. Myself and the other players at the same table were updating normally. Another thing that makes me question that theory, is the problem happened on the newly opened tables, but tables that had been going on for awhile were still working (all players' HUDs updating). I would have thought if it were hitting a 100 hand limit in the HH, the older tables would have been affected first since they were presumably within the same HH file?

morny
07-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Your right it would affect all the players so this looks like a different issue, not sure if you were part of the alpha testers or not but if you were can you try creating a new database and also make sure you have the latest version and if you can reproduce the problem with the new database well setup a suitable time to get some more information

udbrky
07-23-2011, 03:24 PM
I've had this a couple times, only once since Roy finished the DB changes. I got it on my first table of a session, and subsequent tables were fine. I tested some DON's last night and did not have the issue.

Do you get it for anything else? Cash games? non-DON tourneys? another site?

Lyufer
07-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Hud doesn't count hero stats on tourney. oponent stats works fine. reports shows all (hero and oponents) stats corect.

Sarek
07-23-2011, 04:40 PM
which site you play in?
Can you post a screenshot?
And check HUD options - Config properties (for right config) - see flag No hero stats

Lyufer
07-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Pokerstars.com
can't make screenshot with pokerstars table, but bug comes on replayer with hands from the tourney too.
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3134/20110723234734.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/20110723234734.jpg/)
marked line is VPIP/PFR/AF/hands. as you ca see the are no stats for hero.
Report shows 116 hands for this tourney.
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2914/20110723235153.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/20110723235153.jpg/)

Veteran68
07-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Your right it would affect all the players so this looks like a different issue, not sure if you were part of the alpha testers or not but if you were can you try creating a new database and also make sure you have the latest version and if you can reproduce the problem with the new database well setup a suitable time to get some more information
Yes I was an alpha tester since around early May I guess, although I didn't use it as heavily for a month or so. For the last month or so I've pretty much forgotten HM1 and use HM2 exclusively.

I've had this a couple times, only once since Roy finished the DB changes. I got it on my first table of a session, and subsequent tables were fine. I tested some DON's last night and did not have the issue.

Do you get it for anything else? Cash games? non-DON tourneys? another site?
No, I don't play cash these days and very infrequently play other tourney types. DONs on Lock are pretty much my bread & butter these days. I don't put in the grind I used to pre-BF, now I only get in ~250 games a month. But as I mentioned, this is the first time I've seen it, and I play DONs almost every night, at least 4 at a time.

udbrky
07-23-2011, 06:22 PM
OK. Thanks for the further information.

Do you notice that players that stop updating are players you've played against before, or new players? or a mix?

If you can look me up on skype when this happens, that would be good as well. It's not an issue we can really look at after it's not happening. It's not leaving a trail.

MoTh
07-23-2011, 10:50 PM
I have +- the same problems.
For me all players hud run correctly but mine still empty. Hand stats still to 0 after 100 hands and more.

All the stats in HM2 run correctly. Active session with my stats is up to date.
So I don't understand what's happens.

netsrak
07-24-2011, 06:08 AM
I had the same issue on Ipoker yesterday.
5 tables where working fine, on the 6th table the stats were only updated for 2 of the 6 players at the tables (including hero).
All hands were imported without problems.

Starscream
07-24-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm noticing a problem with opponent stats, not showing up on the HUD in ring games.
I have not had any problems when using the HUD with tournaments or sit & go's.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any help would be great.

Zapbang
07-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Apologies if this is just me being stupid

All villains huds update correctly as hands are played but heros remains at zero hands with no stats.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Sarek
07-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Which poker site? Which game?
Can you post a screenshot?

Zapbang
07-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Sorry should have thought of that.

Its pokerstars, no limit holdem 0.05/0.10. Struggled to post a screen shot, couldnt work out how to do it sorry but if you remember how the hud looks when you have 0 hands on someone. It looks like that constantly whilst all the others update

Sarek
07-24-2011, 12:46 PM
which poker site? Please post screen with table played

Sarek
07-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Hero stats are shown for current session, for all others - all you have in DB

Zapbang
07-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes i know, i mean they stay at 0 for the entire session. They dont change whilst all villains do.

Sarek
07-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Investigating... sometimes it shows even all dashes for all players...

Zapbang
07-24-2011, 02:50 PM
OK thank you :)

Please let me know if theres anything else i can do to help. Ill try work out how to post a screenshot in the meantime

udbrky
07-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Unfortunately there is an issue with HUD stats showing 0 hands and "-" for stats in live play and in the replayer. This issue came up just after this release. We are working to narrow it down and fix it.

Usually restarting HM2 will fix the issue for a while.

MoTh
07-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Hi,

I restarted HM2 several time, stop/start PosgreSQL, Reboot my machine two time (in two days). The problem still the same. No hand for me in the HUD as you can see in the following screen-shot.

But you can also see in my second screen shot the active session with all my hands.

Sarek
07-25-2011, 11:55 AM
We know this hapens sometimes (not every time). But atm we can't catch conditions when this happens.
If you find some regularity and dependence, report please.

MoTh
07-25-2011, 12:00 PM
We know this hapens sometimes (not every time). But atm we can't catch conditions when this happens.
If you find some regularity and dependence, report please.

For me it's all the time, at the beginning I had all the data in my hud.
I try to change some setting and hope to find which one is the cause of that. When I find it, I will do a report.

morny
07-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Can anyone that can reproduce this please email hm2support@holdemmanager.com especially if you can reproduce it everytime, this will help us narrow down whats causing this

Veteran68
07-25-2011, 12:57 PM
For the record, I have not been able to reproduce this since my original post. It looks to be one of those elusive ones. If I do manage to get it again, I'll let you know.

MoTh
07-25-2011, 12:59 PM
I have the issue every time :(. I will send the information. But for information I dont have any HM folder in my Seven windows. I've checked that with your FAQ

udbrky
07-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Where does it say in auto importing auto import folders that your hands are archived?

How about for HM1?

MoTh
07-25-2011, 01:06 PM
No, Sorry dont explain correctly. I look about the log file.

udbrky
07-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Did you enable hidden files?

MoTh
07-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Yes, I am a programmer. Since 10 years so this kind of stuff I know ;)
I followed you FAQ step after step.

The name of the log is the same as HM1 ? log.txt ?

udbrky
07-25-2011, 01:38 PM
C:\Users\desktop\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\log .txt

obv desktop = your username

MoTh
07-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Take note in you FAQ for HM2 the file path is : C:\Users\desktop\AppData\Roaming\HM it's confusing.

I have my own stat now because I created a new empty database.
As you can see here

Now I will start the import of my old HM1 database and after the other files I imported manually.

I have other bug or option not working.

I will inform you for the change and new bug but here or by mail ?

Regards

Regards

SteveCut
07-26-2011, 06:58 AM
I can confirm this problem on PS multitable tourneys and HU SnGs. All hero stats show '0'

My HUD is configured to show hero stats and I've tried both checking and unchecking this option.

morny
07-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi guys,

Can you please try this build and see if the same problem persist http://videos.holdemmanager.com/HoldemManager2Setup26July.exe

It looks like there maybe more than 1 issue going on here so if you do have any issues please give us as much details as possible and screenshots would also be very helpful.

Moth please send your issue by email as it will possibly get lost in this big thread

pfrancodias
07-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem using version 1.11.06g at Bwin

My opps stats are always randomdly getting zeros, or 100 and -, or running well.

Usually 2 to 4 opps in 10 handed tables.

After a while the "wrong opps" go right but other opps get zeros or 100's

This happens in 10h Sng and 30players Sng at Bwin.

Can I also use the build above?
Should I do something else?

Ty
Regards

udbrky
07-26-2011, 04:07 PM
We are working towards fixing this issue - it is on different sites and different types of games. We hope to have an update later today that will hopefully fix this. If it doesn't, please send log files so we can see why it is not working for you.

udbrky
07-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Try updating to 1.11.07a, the above link is for HM2.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/98321-1-11-07a-official-release.html

Please post about issues regarding 1.0 in the 1.0 parts of the forum to avoid confusion.

BlackSaphire
07-26-2011, 05:54 PM
We already played 4 hands with the same table composition, as you can see from the 1st number in Hero HUD (Seat 5).
Player in Seat 2 won a hand 2 hands ago, and it shows in the Table Summary (top right corner) so the HH is importing correctly and the player "is there".

But HUD is not showing for player in Seat 2 and no, is not hidden behind one of the others.

The HUD never appeared for that player for as long as I stayed at that table, but when I was moved to another table all 9 HUDs where working...
Poltergeist? :rolleyes:

PowerPoker (.it) skin, same SW as Titan.
Usually HUD works fine, although it almost never het HUDs positions right (at least 2 have to be exchanged).

Edit: totally forgot to put img... sorry
http://www.the-last-aerie.com/Missing.jpg

udbrky
07-26-2011, 06:37 PM
What version are you using? We just released a new one recently. I have not had these issues all day. If you do, post the log file before you close HM2.

rh300487
07-29-2011, 09:23 AM
I tried to update me HM2 to the latest version but i-net and HM2 crashed. Now i restart HM2 and it says my version is up to date (which cant be correct, because it happened instantly). Where can i found the latest update?

Thanks

udbrky
07-29-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm2AutoUpdate31.exe

Veteran68
08-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Bumping to say I noticed this problem, or a similar one, again during last night's session. A few players' HUDs were skipping several hands before they started updating again.

I was playing 6 or 8 DONs on Lock, and on the last 2-3 tables there would be 1 or 2 players who's HUD would not update consistently. They were updating for some hands, but not all. I first noticed that one player's HUD was stuck on 8 hands for the session for a long time, then it became unstuck and started updating again, but was behind however many hands it had missed. On one table, after we were about 40 hands or so in, one opponent's HUD was 7-8 hands short for the session. On another table at the same time, a player was about 15 hands short in his HUD. Everyone else's HUD was updating on every hand. There was nothing remarkable I could see about these players' names that might have broken a parser, either.

udbrky
08-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Please update to version 4815

If you have an issue with hud stats not showing for everyone, do you use tourney filtering settings in hud options?

Veteran68
08-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Please update to version 4815
I did last night, and didn't notice this again during last night's session.

If you have an issue with hud stats not showing for everyone, do you use tourney filtering settings in hud options?
No, I've never set anything in there.

roy.goncalves
08-04-2011, 01:22 PM
I did last night, and didn't notice this again during last night's session.

No, I've never set anything in there.

Hopefully it has been fixed but if it does happen again please send the log.txt file from roaming\holdemmanager and a screen shot and we should be able to track it down.

thanks,
rvg