PDA

View Full Version : Betfair flickering again?

Zografa
07-11-2008, 10:00 AM
So i just installed 1.06. I sed 1.05.xx before with betfair with force ontop function enabled and i had no flickering. With 1.06 the flickering is back again no matter if i did the force ontop or not?

Zografa
07-11-2008, 10:27 AM
I just downloaded the old hud files (1.05.09) and there is no flickering please fix this!

Mike chops
07-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I looked at Betfair earlier in the week in connection with another problem. I didnt see anything worse than before - betfair has never been HUD-friendly but it was certainly playable over 4 tables. Are there others with this problem? Can you post the graphics cards and machines you are using? I'd reccomend checking the card manufacturer for an updated driver if you haven't done so already.

andym
07-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I've had flickering with version 1.06 the last week, in the previous version 1.05.09 the force on top work-around worked.

I've also just reinstalled version 1.05.09 and it no longer flickers, so I don't think it has anything to do with graphics cards/drivers

Mike chops
07-11-2008, 07:32 PM
We changed the architecture of the panels from each panel being a separate window to having one big wondow cover the table and the panels are drawn into the window. This has improved performance for most people but this bug is an unfortunate side effect. That is why you didnt see the problem on 1.5.09.

What we are doing should be fairly standard and if it doesn't work, I'd suspect a driver file isn't performing correctly. Just to be sure I got it right, is the HUD always like this from as soon as you launch it or does this happen later in the session?

Zografa
07-12-2008, 05:27 AM
The flickering starts as soon as i launch the autoimport+hud.

andym
07-12-2008, 06:56 AM
The flickering starts as soon as i launch the autoimport+hud.

+1

Rapala
07-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Mine isn't flickering but it's lagging the betfair client so badly it's unplayable. Even if I untick the table in table manager, the lag continues and the only way to play is to close table manager altogether.
I had the same problem when I first got HM manager but found drivers that fixed it. I have a radeon x800 and the drivers that fixed it are the omega 2.6.05a.

peterpanic
07-16-2008, 05:52 PM
plz tell me, how can I download the 1.05.09 HUD files?
Thanks!

Zografa
07-17-2008, 04:21 AM
plz tell me, how can I download the 1.05.09 HUD files?
Thanks!

http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/1.5.9hud.zip overwrite the 2 files in the HM directory and your done

Zografa
07-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Hud stil flickers for me with the latest version..

Acecold
07-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Same here, would sure be great if you could fix this. My machine is not the fastest but I've never had problems with previous versions.

Rapala
07-26-2008, 06:21 PM
yep, still lagging for me too :(
An added frustration is that for some reason my notes don't save when using 1.5.09 hud with updated hm

Will_M
07-27-2008, 01:42 PM
I am having the same problem. I installed the Betfair client just after I had installed the newest version of HM (pure coincedence) so I've never used HM together with Betfair before but it is completely unplayable. As soon as i launch HM all my Betfair tables begin to flicker and they hang from time to time too. I hope there will be a fix soon!

Master MO
08-03-2008, 01:12 PM
I am experiencing the flickering only on one of my two monitors. I have a graphics card on which you can connect two monitors. On my flatscreen monitor (Philips 170C) the HUD stats are flickering. When I drag the Betfair-table to my other monitor (Philips Brilliance 107P) the flickering is gone. (Just to be clear: both monitors are connected to the same graphical card and same computer).

Zografa
08-03-2008, 06:27 PM
I am experiencing the flickering only on one of my two monitors. I have a graphics card on which you can connect two monitors. On my flatscreen monitor (Philips 170C) the HUD stats are flickering. When I drag the Betfair-table to my other monitor (Philips Brilliance 107P) the flickering is gone. (Just to be clear: both monitors are connected to the same graphical card and same computer).

Im having similar issue too - when i use extended desktop on my primary screen the stats are flickering, but on my secondary its ok. I tryed to change analog and digital but the flickering is still on the primary screen.

spotDEspot
08-05-2008, 05:56 AM
I'm having the same issue with a Dell notebook. Even when I use an attached LCD flat screen I have the same problem.

Is it possible this is because most notebooks and flat panels support 60Hz by default and will support no higher? Could something have been tweaked in the last version around this area? I know if you have an old CRT monitor and set the refresh rate to 60Hz (default for those 70Hz or above) it actually noticeably flickers at all times with anything on the screen (very slight but enough to cause eye fatigue).

punta
08-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Any news on this as i have just had to stop the hud display :( horrid flickering on both my monitors

Mike chops
08-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Sorry Betfair decided to give me an account identity audit whilst I was away and I am blocked at present. I'll look at it when I'm back online hopefully tomorrow. Tobe honset though I'm guessing they are mainly driver issues and not something I can fix in the HUD.

spotDEspot
08-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Mike if (1.05.09) doesn't have the problem is it likely to be a driver issue? I have the latest driver for my graphics chip. I will check flash versions etc as I think the betfair GUI is flash driven.

Thanks!

punta
08-12-2008, 08:26 AM
bump - any news on the flickering please

tme03
08-13-2008, 06:20 PM
The HUD works fine for me (no flickering) when 2 tabling but if I play 4 or more it flickers non stop.

punta
08-13-2008, 06:34 PM
The HUD works fine for me (no flickering) when 2 tabling but if I play 4 or more it flickers non stop.

Are you on the latest version 1.06.0t ? cuz I have it all the time no matter how many tables I play :(

spotDEspot
08-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Mike - quick one - might help.

Noticed that the flickering stops when you hold the edge of a screen to re-size. On Betfair this stops the screen redrawing (no refresh/no action at all) so I can only assume it is something to do with the refresh rate of Betfair's software Vs the HUD refresh rate? :confused:

Hope that helps find the problem.

tme03
08-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Are you on the latest version 1.06.0t ? cuz I have it all the time no matter how many tables I play :(

Its says on the top of my Holdem Manager I have version 1.06.01i.

Thought I had the latest version realise it is not, sorry.

punta
08-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Mike - quick one - might help.

Noticed that the flickering stops when you hold the edge of a screen to re-size. On Betfair this stops the screen redrawing (no refresh/no action at all) so I can only assume it is something to do with the refresh rate of Betfair's software Vs the HUD refresh rate? :confused:

Hope that helps find the problem.

I REALLY hope it does.

Mike chops
08-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates to this problem. Betfair requested ID from me to verify age and location. I did this and they cleared my account. I am still blocked and believe it is because my ISP gives me an IP address that Betfair incorrectly identify as American. I have the same problem with Party, but other sites are OK.

I think I'm going to have to switch ISPs to be able to log on. This will probably take a while. I am not particularly hopeful of a quick fix when I get back online.

Sorry I don't have anything more positive :(

dway
08-16-2008, 06:46 AM
A customer shouldn't have to go to the forum to fix a known problem like this.

There should be an opition to switch to the " betfair " hud that simply uses the old file.

thanks

Mike chops
08-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I loaded HM on to an old laptop and lugged it down to an internet cafe and was able to log on to Betfair.

I was only able to open 4 tables for some reason, but was able to get acceptable performance with no flickering - lag was significant but not so much so as to make play difficult. My laptop specs are:-

Intel Pentium m 1.3GHz
1G Ram
Windows 2k
ATI Mobility Radeon

I am sorry some people are experiencing problems. I believe these are due to a driver problem than something wrong with the HUD program. My laptop is nearly 5 years old and ran 4 tables acceptably. If it can run on that machine, then it shouldn't have a problem with more powerful machines, unless there is a problem with drivers.

It isn't practical to have two versions (or a mode switch within the HUD) specially for Betfair. Doing this would make testing each build too complicated. I will get an new ISP this week so I can test Betfair some more. For now if you have problems your choices are:-

1. Experiment with different drivers for your graphics card.
2. Roll back to 1.5.9.
3. Play less tables.
4. Play on a different site.
5. Get a better computer.

punta
08-18-2008, 03:54 PM
:(

punta
08-19-2008, 12:24 PM
So i will have to go back to 1.5.9 then. my pc is only a one year old dell as well, so ther is no way i will get a better pc as that is no guarantee it will work.

i will let you know if going back to 9 works for me. god i play most of my poker on Bettie now as well :(

punta
08-19-2008, 12:37 PM
I have been back to the old forum and downloaded what is listed as 1.05.90 but it is 1.06.01i when I went to update a min ago.

So does any one know where this old download is please :)

Regards,

paul

dway
08-19-2008, 01:35 PM
1. Experiment with different drivers for your graphics card.
2. Roll back to 1.5.9.
3. Play less tables.
4. Play on a different site.
5. Get a better computer.

My computer is working fine now with version 1.59, so it is your software that is the problem.
I am using 2GB ram, athlon 64 3800+ amd processor and 512mb geforce graphics card with latest drivers.

I am suprised at the solutions you have offered here.

Perhaps you should include "don't play poker " as this would solve almost any other problems any of your paying customers might have with the software in the future.

morny
08-19-2008, 07:16 PM
It dosent work like this unfortunately, it works on my PC and Mikes and lots of other peoples but when the HUD was updated its possibly using something now that it wasnt before that effects your graphics card or maybe even a combination of the software your running.

The reason new updates are released for graphic cards is because bugs like these constantly crop up when new software is devoloped etc so it might be worth contacting their support to see if they can offer any suggestion or tweaks that might help or the also may have some slightly older ones that they can let you try. I know it can be very fustrating but were at a point where weve tried everything we can think of to suggest since this is a problem that the majority of people dont have.

punta
08-20-2008, 03:10 AM
OK thanks Morny - I understand the problems.... But can you please give me the link so i can roll back to 1.5.9.

Regards,

paul

dway
08-20-2008, 10:09 AM
It dosent work like this unfortunately, it works on my PC and Mikes and lots of other peoples but when the HUD was updated its possibly using something now that it wasnt before that effects your graphics card or maybe even a combination of the software your running.

The reason new updates are released for graphic cards is because bugs like these constantly crop up when new software is devoloped etc so it might be worth contacting their support to see if they can offer any suggestion or tweaks that might help or the also may have some slightly older ones that they can let you try. I know it can be very fustrating but were at a point where weve tried everything we can think of to suggest since this is a problem that the majority of people dont have.

Thats fine. Also the test machine from your collegue was running windows 2k which was last seen in the Science museum in London !

morny
08-20-2008, 12:58 PM
OK thanks Morny - I understand the problems.... But can you please give me the link so i can roll back to 1.5.9.

Regards,

paul

You can keep the manager at 1.06 and revert the hud back to 1.05.09 by downloading http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/1.5.9hud.zip and unzipping those 2 files over the same 2 files in your holdem manager folder although im not sure if that will cause issues because there was lots of bug fixes since then but you can try and hopefully it will improve things.

punta
08-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Well BF now works - not sure what other issues i may get but at least I now have a hud :)

Thanks

jam25
09-18-2008, 01:46 PM
I have tried to revert to the previous hud as I couldn't get rid of the flickering. But now I don't get any hud at all.

So far I have unzipped the old hud files over the new ones and restarted hold em manager.

any help much appreciated.
James

morny
09-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Are the files importing into HM, can you see them when you run reports?

Is the table manager showing up, then use Table Finder: http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

punta
09-18-2008, 01:57 PM
GIVE UP I have - used the old hud for a while, which stopped the flickering, but got loads of other problems - I have 2 pcs and a laptop and they are NOT old machines but it flickers on all three - :mad: Got a new laptop coming in a couple of weeks, so fingers crossed.

jam25
09-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Yes the hands are importing absolutely fine.

I have now got the hud appearing but its still flickering.

The only thing I havent done is update my graphics driver so i guess this is the problem now. I just can't seem to find any upgrades for it. I have Intel(R) 82865G.

James

jam25
09-18-2008, 02:06 PM
LOL punta sounds like you have wasted even more time than me. Is it easy to disable the hud altogether. Even without the hud holdemmanger will be very beneficial to me!

James

punta
09-18-2008, 04:31 PM
LOL punta sounds like you have wasted even more time than me. Is it easy to disable the hud altogether. Even without the hud holdemmanger will be very beneficial to me!

James

SPENT bleedin ages messing about and looking for driver updates all to NO avail. So what i do now is untick the hud table manager box and keep it next to the tables i am playing, so when when i want to check a players stats, i tick the hud table box have a look while its effin flickering and then turn it off again :o a pain but usable LOL

Mike chops
09-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Sorry for the problems. I did help one guy who had a good solution. He had moved all the stats off the bottom of the table directly under where the players were seated. You need to make the overhang on the Tables prefs menu bigger than the pixel width of the Betfair table.

punta
09-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Sorry for the problems. I did help one guy who had a good solution. He had moved all the stats off the bottom of the table directly under where the players were seated. You need to make the overhang on the Tables prefs menu bigger than the pixel width of the Betfair table.

How do we do that...............PLEASE

Mike chops
09-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Hud Options->Table Prefs

Start with say 1000 pixels, lay the stats out and try reducing the overhang until the stats get clipped. You should try and make it as small as you need to see the stats, otherwise you run the risk of slowing the computer down.

jam25
09-18-2008, 07:31 PM
I have fixed my problem by clicking 'force on top' under prefs. Mayb this is all i had to do with the new version of the hud. May try later but for now im enjoying this hud (my 1st)!

Yorkshire Pudding
10-02-2008, 12:58 PM
It works fine for me if I force on top whilst using HUD 1.59, no problems at all.

My graphics card, for those in a similar spot is the Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

Anyone know where to get the latest updates for this? I tried Intel but my machine is a HP Desktop and will only let me download from HP and their drivers for this card are from ages ago