PDA

View Full Version : HM terminates before opening.

shipit
04-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey,

Two weeks ago I formatted my computer. Before that I had been using HM without any problems for many months. Now everytime I click the .exe or shortcut the program starts up but terminates about 2seconds later. No error message. The process shows up in the task manager for 2seconds, then its gone.

I have tried to reinstall HM and postgres about 3 times. No effect.
Reinstalled NET framework 1 time. No effect.

I also turned of my firewall. (Though it should be irellevant because Im using the exact same firewall/antivirus as I did before the format, and HM was working fine with those programs for months.)

Im running Vista ULTIMATE 32bit, with SP1. Avast and comodo.

Any ideas?

morny
04-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Anytime ive seen this issue where the reinstall of .net and HM didnt work either completely uninstalling your firewall and antivirus (disabling isnt enough) fixes it, in the cases where it dosent then the only other solution that has worked is running your reinstall of windows, if youve xp you can do a repair reinstall quite quickly

shipit
04-29-2009, 08:37 PM
I have unistalled my comodo, and now it seems to work.

Do you know of any non-conflicting firewalls?

EDIT: Reinstalled Comodo. Now the issue is back. There seems to be an issue with Comodos Defence+, and nothing wrong with any of the reqs or components of Holdem Manager.

shipit
04-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Ok it works now.

If anyone has the same problem, there seems to be an issue with comodo v3.8. So just use v3.5 and it should be good.