PDA

View Full Version : Pot size versus shortstacks

myheadhurts
04-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Something thats annoyed me for ages in HEM - the final pot size (and bet size) isn't recorded correctly when one player shoves for more than his effective stack.

For example: HU 1/2 NL match. SB has $80, BB has $600. SB raises to $10, BB shoves for $600, SB calls. The final pot will be recorded in HEM as $680.

This is really annoying when I try to do a search. For example, I might want to look at the range of hands somebody will commit 100bb to preflop. But when I search for hands where he went in preflop, I get these shortstack hands included.

There is a similar issue on later streets - you often see a player betting say 5xpot on the river, because his opponent only has 0.5x pot left behind (and it's just easier to shove everything). However, this totally messes up the filters for bet sizing.

Is it possible therefore for HEM to be slightly more intelligent on importing, and pay attention to effective stacks? i.e. if a player bets $600 when nobody else has more than $300 behind, HEM pretends that the player bet $300? This would make the filters much more useful.

morny
04-29-2009, 11:57 AM
This is on the todo list to improve this but i dont have an ETA at the moment