PDA

View Full Version : PSQL Connection Problems , need some help!

czglory
04-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey, I am now unable to open HEM after leaving it idle for a little bit, and not changing anything. When I try to start the service, I get the error:

"The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to stablish a connection to '127.0.0.1'"

hit OK

and it brings up the PSQL connection screen. I hit connect, and I get the error:

"A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?"

I hit yes

"Sorry, Holdem Manager was unable to start the service"

I hit ok

"Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again."

and it just repeats.

I have checked the FAQ, and I have tried adding the lines recommended to the hosts file

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost

I have tried to go to services.msc and start PSQL and I get the error:

"Windows could not start the PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service on Local Computer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

I do have Kaspersky Internet Security installed, which has only been on my computer for around a week. Disabling it did not allow me to connect to PSQL. My database is crucial to keep. What can I do?

Thanks

RobertDeBruce
04-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Don't know if myt problem is the same or not so I'll add here.

When trying to connect through the Database Control Panel, I get the error "The Username and/or password were incorrect. Would you like to have Holdem Manager configure the databse to accept this login and password?"

I click yes and still get the same error?

Is there a password for the trial version that I should be using?

morny
04-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Hey, I am now unable to open HEM after leaving it idle for a little bit, and not changing anything. When I try to start the service, I get the error:

"The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to stablish a connection to '127.0.0.1'"

hit OK

and it brings up the PSQL connection screen. I hit connect, and I get the error:

"A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?"

I hit yes

"Sorry, Holdem Manager was unable to start the service"

I hit ok

"Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again."

and it just repeats.

I have checked the FAQ, and I have tried adding the lines recommended to the hosts file

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost

I have tried to go to services.msc and start PSQL and I get the error:

"Windows could not start the PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service on Local Computer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

I do have Kaspersky Internet Security installed, which has only been on my computer for around a week. Disabling it did not allow me to connect to PSQL. My database is crucial to keep. What can I do?

Thanks

Please follow this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

Don't know if myt problem is the same or not so I'll add here.

When trying to connect through the Database Control Panel, I get the error "The Username and/or password were incorrect. Would you like to have Holdem Manager configure the databse to accept this login and password?"

I click yes and still get the same error?

Is there a password for the trial version that I should be using?

Its the password you chose when setting up postgreSQL, try this if you cant remember it http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=66

czglory
04-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Please follow this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34
[/url]

I tried everything there, I don't have the file to delete, and the FAQ doesn't say what to do if you don't have the file!

Fwiw I am not getting the insufficient privileges error

- I did the firewall stuff (even though I use kaspersky and not windows firewall), but I am worried about uninstalling PSQL. Will that delete my database?

morny
04-29-2009, 05:52 PM
If you dont have that file just skip to the next step, uninstalling wont delete your database

czglory
04-29-2009, 07:24 PM
If you dont have that file just skip to the next step, uninstalling wont delete your database

I have now done everything in both of the FAQs, including uninstalling my antivirus and then reinstalling PSQL, and I get the same error, even with no firewall/antivirus/freshly reinstalled PSQL.

Is there anything else I can try? I really need my database, as it has to do with a staking deal.

Blackdiamond
04-29-2009, 07:36 PM
They wont help. Their customer service sucks. From what I've seen they get your money and refer you to the manual. My advice is to get a product that has great customer support.

czglory
04-30-2009, 01:46 AM
I hope they can help, I really need some... and the manual is not helping.

Could someone help please? Tyvm

czglory
04-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Anyone? :( I am trying this guide now http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8261

but I forgot to mention PSQL won't start, but it constantly shows "starting" in the services page.

MassaTheChamp
04-30-2009, 01:48 PM
And which software would that be Blackdiamond?

morny
04-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi you need to follow that 1st FAQ but if you only disable your firewall/antivirus instead of completely uninstalling them as per the FAQ or if you skip a step it wont work. If you do try that and follow it 100% and if it dosent work email me morny@holdemmanager.net to arrange a suitable time to do a teamviewer session but dont reinstall your firewalls/antivirus until were finished the teamviewer session