PDA

View Full Version : HEM does not launch anymore

gibouille
04-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Hello.

I Use HEM 1.08 beta 32, on a Vista PC.

It used to work fine, but today I could not open it anymore.

When I click on the shortcut :
it acts as if it was installing it, and at the end gives an error message saying it does not find the installation package "HoldemManagerSetupProject.msi"
I have to click "cancel", and then get the message "an installation package for the product Holdem Manager cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation Package "HoldemManagerSetupProject.msi".

I also tried to lauch it by directly clicking on the "HoldemManager.exe" file in C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager.
I get an message "an error occured while loading the Prefs files : can't load the file "System.Xml, version=2.0.0.0, culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=...." (see attached picture)

I also tried to reinstall HEM 1.08 beta 32. It goes through all the install process, but the problem is still there.

For information, I did something yesterday evening that might be linked with the issue.
As I did not manage to retrieve all my previous hands, I thought some might be in folders I didn't search (or even had forgotten about). So I added c: and subfolders as autoimport folders.
It worked fine and found thousands of new hands. But is kept searching , so I finished by clicking on "stop import".
Then I left HEM..

and today it does not work anymore.

Thank you by advance for your help.

morny
04-28-2009, 05:07 PM
The original error is because your either not unzipping the files to a new folder or your unzipping the file but trying to open the zipped ones instead of the unzipped ones you just created in a new folder. Once you unzip properly and install it should solve the other issues

gibouille
04-28-2009, 05:43 PM
I just checked again by saving the "Hmomaha.exe" file on the PC before running it ; at the end I get the "installation complete window saying "operation successfull .. the contents of the Holdem manager Update was successfully unpacked".
But I still have the same issue (as described in my original mail) when trying to run Holdem manager.

And the problem did not appear following an update :
I used HEM for several monthes and it was working fine
then the problem appeared yesterday, but not after an update.
the problem is still there after trying to update, but it was there before.

Thank you by advance.

morny
04-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Can you follow these instructions:

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
2) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe
8) Test if it for a while and see if it work
9) Close down Holdem Manager and copy the config folder from step 1 and copy and overwrite it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
10) Test if it works again for a while

gibouille
04-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Hello.

I followed the instructions.

It was ok for steps 1 to 7.

But in step 8 I still have the problem:
I try to launch HEM by clicking on the "HoldemManager" file in the folder C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager

and then I get the same error message as previously (see attached image)

Thank you by advance for your help.

morny
04-29-2009, 05:55 PM
email me support@holdemmanager.net and well do a teamviewer session and also link to this thread