PDA

View Full Version : Can't start HM offline

Billrata
07-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Just noticed, after months of use, that I can't get HM to open when I'm offline. Get message about need to activate. Did I miss a step in install and setup?

Thx,
Bill

Patvs
07-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Have you been offline for months?
Or you've always been online, and now it won't when you're offline?

HoldemManager does a license validation check every month. And requires an active internet connection to pass the validation.

It shouldn't do this every time you start the program. (it should just read the HoldemManager.lic file in the C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic folder.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily

Billrata
07-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Have you been offline for months?
Or you've always been online, and now it won't when you're offline?

HoldemManager does a license validation check every month. And requires an active internet connection to pass the validation.

It shouldn't do this every time you start the program. (it should just read the HoldemManager.lic file in the C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic folder.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily

I have done the above, but when I go offline HM still gives me the "Activate Your Software" window and refused to load.

Bill

netsrak
07-22-2011, 10:17 AM
This activation is required for our new license system. You have to complete it once to connect a valid email adress to your license.

Billrata
07-24-2011, 11:25 AM
So, where to I go to do the new activation?

Bill

Patvs
07-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Please go to Hold'Em Poker Software - Tracking and Analysis Poker Software (http://www.holdemmanager.com) and signup with a new login name and password or use your existing account. After that, simply navigate to "Upload License Code" and you can quickly add your serial code and reset it whenever you need to.