Lag issue after 1 hour of play
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Lag issue after 1 hour of play

Hi,

Recently after formatting my pc I also have lag issues when playing. It is somewhat playable, just constantly small lags. The more hands I get in, the worse it gets.

I tried several things, which include multiple virus/trojan scans, adding rundll32.exe (and 64) to firewall and windowsdefender, and just tried to switch to basic or classic view.

At first I though the problem was solved, everything ran really smooth again, but after an hour or so the client started to lag and it gets worse the more I play.

This is really annoying because I never had this problem for a long time, but since my format I keep having this issue.
    I know it has something to do with rundll32.exe and tiltbreaker. Multiple Rundll32.exe files pop up in my taskmanager when using pokerstars and tiltbreaker. If I play poker without tiltbreaker, I have no problems whatsoever.

I even tried to do another format, and for a short time it ran smooth, up untill 1 hour in or so.

I have every driver updated, my videocard is ATI Radeon HD 4200.
    Tnx for your help.

Some updates would be really nice. Pokerstars is unplayable with tiltbreaker after 1000 hands, it is like playing in slowmotion.

However the process of fixing the problem also seems to go in slowmotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossi22 View Post
    Some updates would be really nice. Pokerstars is unplayable with tiltbreaker after 1000 hands, it is like playing in slowmotion.

However the process of fixing the problem also seems to go in slowmotion.
    Sorry for the delay, I got backlogged over the holidays.

We have looked into this issue, but it is a "needle in a haystack" type thing. Additionally this is only affecting an extremely small portion of users that use TB, like < 10 reports over several months. This makes it seem like it is an individual user variable instead of something that will affect significant portions of our user base. So either TB is the tipping point on your processor capacity or something (your anti virus) is interfering with TB. Have you tried uninstalling your anti virus?

Once we finish tournament support we can try taking a deeper look into this, but like I said there aren't many reports about this so we don't have much data to go on.

Best,
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt Breaker View Post
    Sorry for the delay, I got backlogged over the holidays.

We have looked into this issue, but it is a "needle in a haystack" type thing. Additionally this is only affecting an extremely small portion of users that use TB, like < 10 reports over several months. This makes it seem like it is an individual user variable instead of something that will affect significant portions of our user base. So either TB is the tipping point on your processor capacity or something (your anti virus) is interfering with TB. Have you tried uninstalling your anti virus?

Once we finish tournament support we can try taking a deeper look into this, but like I said there aren't many reports about this so we don't have much data to go on.

Best,
    Adam
    Hm ok I though this was a common problem. Out of those ten are problably five of mine so that makes it even less.
    I understand this is a low priority for you so I understand why there is not an instant fix available. However that does not solve my problem.

I need tiltbreaker for having a piece of mind. Knowing it is impossible to have heavy losses makes me play so much better. It is like a home alarmsystem. Even if I know 99 out of 100 times nothing happens during the defect, that 1% makes such a difference. If I go to sleep knowing 1 out of 100 I am going to wake up the next day looking at an empty house, with my butt cheeks sewed together, my cat dead on the floor after being raped and tortured and seeing that someone set Torres as my fantasy captain just before the deadline, there is no way I am going to sleep.

Ok maybe a bit over the top, but I hope you get my point. I am not playing without tiltbreaker. This is hands down the best poker investment (after HEM) I have made, to the point I can't play without it.

If would be helpfull if I know what those other nine who lag and me (and me or and I?) have in common. If we all have windows 7, I'll buy windows 8. If we all have the same videocard, I'll buy a new videocard, etc etc. But at the moment I do not know what causes it, so I am not going to buy new stuff if I am not sure it fixes the problem.

I just reinstalled windows 7 again. But now formatted all system drives as well, so hopefully this works. All my registrys are now cleaned as well. No idea why I didnt do this before.

Atleast thank you for your time and hopefully some positive news from me anytime soon.

Ok update.

After reinstalling my laptop for the third time, still nothing.

Same thing happens, play one hour. Start to lag. Unable to play, go into mini tilt, spew a bit of money, quit.

Facts for me are:

I have a product I paid for that does not work.
    The problem I have, even after countless hours googling for answers and formatting my laptop, is still unresolvable.
    It is a very low priority for tiltbreaker to fix this problem.
    Tiltbreaker has no clue how to fix it, and at the moment don't care.
    I have not enough selfdiscipline to play without tiltbreaker.
    I need to make hours for side income and to build a bankroll, now I have to cash out constantly because I spend more than I make.

So I am pretty much screwed?

I need tiltbreaker for having a piece of mind. Knowing it is impossible to have heavy losses makes me play so much better. It is like a home alarmsystem. Even if I know 99 out of 100 times nothing happens during the defect, that 1% makes such a difference. If I go to sleep knowing 1 out of 100 I am going to wake up the next day looking at an empty house, with my butt cheeks sewed together, my cat dead on the floor after being raped and tortured and seeing that someone set Torres as my fantasy captain just before the deadline, there is no way I am going to sleep

I have to say, this made me LOL.

.......If would be helpfull if I know what those other nine who lag and me (and me or and I?) have in common. If we all have windows 7, I'll buy windows 8. If we all have the same videocard, I'll buy a new videocard, etc etc. But at the moment I do not know what causes it, so I am not going to buy new stuff if I am not sure it fixes the problem.

I just reinstalled windows 7 again. But now formatted all system drives as well, so hopefully this works. All my registrys are now cleaned as well. No idea why I didnt do this before.

Atleast thank you for your time and hopefully some positive news from me anytime soon.
    Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with holdem manager and perhaps they are causing issues with TB as well.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ger_2_Beta.exe
    4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...%28Firewall%29
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Ok update.

After reinstalling my laptop for the third time, still nothing.

Same thing happens, play one hour. Start to lag. Unable to play, go into mini tilt, spew a bit of money, quit.

Facts for me are:

I have a product I paid for that does not work.
    The problem I have, even after countless hours googling for answers and formatting my laptop, is still unresolvable.
    It is a very low priority for tiltbreaker to fix this problem.
    Tiltbreaker has no clue how to fix it, and at the moment don't care.
    I have not enough selfdiscipline to play without tiltbreaker.
    I need to make hours for side income and to build a bankroll, now I have to cash out constantly because I spend more than I make.

So I am pretty much screwed?
    1) Go to C:\Program Files\Holdem Manager 2 (Program Files (x86) for the 64bit version)
    2) Right click the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
    3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
    4) Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for HudFuncsApp.exe

Do the same for tiltbreaker.exe and all your poker client .exe files.

Please reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...p+Instructions

If you continue to have problems, please duplicate the issue and send us log files:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's - Windows Logs - Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
    - Please send a log file as well if you are using HM2 - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Please zip and email the logs, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

Thank you Fozzy,

Last time I basically played on an empty laptop (windows 7 ultimate). Only Hem, stars and tiltbreaker installed (pretty much).
    I have no time tomorrow but am going to follow these steps next tuesday.

Again tnx.
    Last edited by Bossi22; 01-06-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Thank you Fozzy,

Last time I basically played on an empty laptop (windows 7 ultimate). Only Hem, stars and tiltbreaker installed (pretty much).
    I have no time tomorrow but am going to follow these steps next tuesday.

Again tnx.
    OK, good luck. I am not sure if they will fix your issues but I figured we should start with the basics and try to get some sort of documentation/logs to start debugging the problem. I am not sure if TB has it's own logging as well but I expect the TB support will jump into this thread soon and ask for any other information that might help them.

Update.

After following your steps still nothing. Play one hour, things start to lag. Though it might have something to do with the fact that I have windows 7 64bit, so I got a copy of a 32b version and tried it once more.

Sadly enough, nothing.
    At the moment I have HEM 1 and not HEM 2. Actually it did all start when purchasing HEM 2. Everything was working fine but because I know HEM 2 needs a few more recourses I wanted to format my laptop for performance reasons obv.

After my this format I started to have this annoying virus (or whatever you want to call it). I had no problem on the same laptop for months, even running way more programs at the same time so that should not be the problem. Even though I have HEM 2 I haven't even used it. I first want to get a working pokerstars/tiltbreaker version before I start learning HEM 2 and take the time to make a hud. This is now over a month ago.

If I do not use tiltbreaker and just run HEM, no problem whatsoever. If I try tiltbreaker without HEM, it lags. So I think it safe to say tiltbreaker causes this problem. I've had this problem a couple of months ago and emailed tiltbreaker about this issue, and within a couple of hours they send me a different version of tiltbreaker and it fixed the problem.

I know it has something to do with rundll32.exe, popping up in my taskmanager multiple times. But I can't delete this program because it is needed to run programs such as tiltbreaker.

I am really lost here, don't know what to do really. Maybe I can download a different version of rundll32.exe or something that actually runs smooth to replace it, maybe it has to do with my larger HEM database that tiltbreaker can't process for longer than one hour resulting in lag. Maybe I can get a older version of tiltbreaker to see if it works.

Either that or I sell my laptop and buy a new one. Pretty close throwing my current laptop out the window anyway, frustrating stuff. Atleast I get some money for it that way.

If you want me to send files or logs, no problem. However could not find the log file you were referring to with HEM 1, is this HEM 2 only?

Hey Bossi,

Send me your TB logs through the Feedback form please; we removed the "include log file" option, so just sending a message will submit your logs.

Thanks,
    Adam