Stats Disappear After Few Hands

Default Stats Disappear After Few Hands

I created a new DB recently, and for some reason only 80k out of 500k players are in the new DB. I both backed up and restored the old DB into a new one, and exported all the hands from the old one into the new one, so i really have no idea why im missing so many players (and hands).

Given that I want to have the most hands possible on my stats, I stopped using the new DB and tried the old one again. However, the stats are disappearing after a few hands, despite the fact that I have all import folders configured correctly?

Any ideas why this is happening? Could this be caused by a corrupt DB? If my older DB was corrupt, can i back up/ restore it into a new one, or will the new one still be corrupt. I would like to resolve this issue because I have been building my DB for years, and it hurts to know that I have 4k hands on a player, when I see only 500 hands in his stats.

Many thanks support!

Did you ever purge hands (deleting the option to replay the hand, keeping the STATS??

Database corruption is a possibility.

On which site did you play most of these hands?
    Can you reimport ALL the original handhistories into a NEW database?
    500k players... = 8 million hand database? Will take your one night (12 hours) of importing)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Did you ever purge hands (deleting the option to replay the hand, keeping the STATS??

Database corruption is a possibility.

On which site did you play most of these hands?
    Can you reimport ALL the original handhistories into a NEW database?
    500k players... = 8 million hand database? Will take your one night (12 hours) of importing)
    I have purged hands before but that should not affect how many players are in my DB, nor should it affect how many hands i have on them for my HUD. Is this correct?

I did export/import all hands into a new DB, and there are still players and hands missing. One thing I noticed, however, is that some of the HH files were empty.

In an attempt to get the max stats possible in my hud i tried using the original DB while playing, but only the hero stats are showing, even though i have it configured to show stats for all players, and the import folders are configured too. Can this be because the db is corrupt, and if not, what can i do?
    Last edited by minifruit; 09-02-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Exporting a database... HoldemManager will only export the handhistories in the database (+ the tourny winnings results info)

I don't think it (correctly) exports the player list + player stats, when you've purged the hands those are based on.

Do you have a in pgadminIII created .backup file of the database, when everything was still working just fine? I'd seriously consider to just create a NEW database--> reimport the original handhistories. (and purge what you don't need)--> then create a .backup file in pgadminIII.

Just start by ONLY importing 2010... followed by 2009
    Last edited by Patvs; 09-02-2010 at 11:13 PM.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

but what can be the reason for my hud stats just not showing up in one of my dbs? if only i could get it to work, all would be fine.

also, i feel like there is an error occuring when i export my hands because it is producing several empty HH folders amongst the hands.

Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by netsrak View Post
    Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
    This seems to have done the trick! Thank you so much. Out of curiosity, can you tell me why the reindex solved the problem?

Seems like the relations in your database where corrupt somehow. The reindex fixed it.
    Thats why everybody should do regular backups of the database (once a month)