Zero hands imported , all get errors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Zero hands imported , all get errors

Ok , i just dont know what to do anymore.

It started more then a week ago , when from nothing my HUD stoped show any stats ( the HM reconized the table i was playing , but no stats ); So, i realized that all hands were getting duplicated.

I created anothers dbs made update of HM, tried to export/import hands, made backups , had a lot of problems , didnt get all my hands to this new db , but ok.

In this newest db , i had imported most of my hero hands , was playing/getting stats , so I started reimport the datamined hands ( from hhdealer ) , one day/archive at time.

Them , i got an error , got the '' duplicated hands '' again , made the Fix Indexes and it worked; I started to reimport the datamined hands , one day/archive at time , them after the 05 archive , Zero hands imported , all get errors in every new archive that i tried to import.

Please , what should I do , i'm tired of all this trouble ... Thanks and sorry for the bad english.
    Last edited by TKM; 07-23-2009 at 06:04 AM.

Please try updating to the latest beta version from the link in my signature.

If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

If that doesn't help, please answer these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Please try updating to the latest beta version from the link in my signature.

If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

Still didn't work ...

Quote Originally Posted by TKM View Post
    Still didn't work ...
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post

^^

Sorry fozzy71 , i didn't see it. Here it goes :

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?
    I'm using 1.09 beta 19.

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and which gametype and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
    I'm playing cash games no limit holdem 6max on BetnGo Poker ( ipoker skin ). Yes , the problem occur on more than 1 site , i just made a test here (i created another db , made the backup whith only my hands; Then i imported one day of datamined hands , and it imported almost almost all 60k hands , whith less than 1k errors. Then on the second archive , i hade like 15k errors , and on the third one all hands got erros , none hands imported. Them I tried with party poker datamined as well , but all got errors too. )

obs: it seems to import all files , but no hands , because all get errors.

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?
    Yes , but i also tried the '' import from folder '' and '' import files '' , but they get the same results.

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
    Yes .

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?
    Yes , i can see the size of the archive get bigger while i'm playing.

The location for my hands is : C:\Poker\BetnGo Poker\History\MyUserName\Table

The location were i put the datamined hands is like: C:\Poker\BetnGo Poker\History\2009-07-19_IPO_NL20_SH_VNBEN112

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
    EDIT: NO.

It appears 7 hands from a test i did in the morning , but did not the hands that i played while i was answering this questions; Also, the date filter Today isn't working already for some time ( like days , even before i had this problem with importing hands ). I was using the data filter '' last hours '' when i played to control my hands played ( but even this didnt show any hand this time ).

obs: while i played a couple of hands ( less than 100 ) , my HUD worked , it was showing mine and others players hands/stats . But the last time i did play ( like 4 tables , some hours , it started to appears '' duplicated hands '' , and my HUD stopped to work. It still could find my table , but had '' no hands imported to show i HUD ''.

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?

In the beggining yes , then it get more and more errors , like i said before on question 2 : (i created another db , made the backup whith only my hands; Then i imported one day of datamined hands , and it imported almost almost all 60k hands , whith less than 1k errors. Then on the second archive , i hade like 15k errors , and on the third one all hands got erros , none hands imported. Them I tried with party poker datamined as well , but all got errors too. )

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
    No i didnt , because it already finds the table.

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
    Yes. Although it is an .xml archive , i opened it with the Notepad text editor and i dont understand what that codes means ( isnt like a .txt hand file ) , but is written in english.

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
    I,m using WinXp

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
    Yes
    Last edited by TKM; 07-23-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Can you please zip and email some of the HH files, with a link to this thread, to me: fozzy@holdemmanager.net. I will see if they import OK on my machine. I am thinking you might need to reinstall SQL.

I sent you the email with the zip.

I think there is something wrong with your PostgreSQL installation. I only had a small handful of errors when importing your files.

To reinstall postgresql:

Vista: Turn off UAC - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=73

Turn off Windows Firewall for installing HM and PostgreSQL. Once you get those installed you can add exceptions to the firewall. If you have a 3rd party firewall, uninstall it completely before installing HM/SQL - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=171

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

-Download Revo Uninstaller and use it to uninstall PostgreSQL. After it uninstalls it will give you options to select and delete all the associated registry entries.
    - manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
    - run the command - start > run > cmd >

PHP Code:
    net user postgres /delete 
    - reboot.
    - install again, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall

Logging:

I would suggest you turn off logging on your new SQL installation as well as these other performance improvements - Top 10: HEM performance increase tips

To turn off logging, follow these instructions. This is the first thing I do anytime I install SQL for someone.

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from On to Off.

PHP Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination 'stderr'        # Valid values are combinations of
                        # stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
                        # depending on platform.  csvlog
                        # requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
    logging_collector off        # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog 
    File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

- Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, if you have 64 bit Vista. Delete all files in that folder. And it might be a good idea to empty your recycle bin at that point, or use a 3rd party utility like CCleaner to clean up all your junk/temporary files. You want to do this before you get to the vacuum and defrag process.

I ' ll do that. Just some doubts :

1 When I reinstall postgresql , will I lose my dbs of HM or anything related to HM/poker ? Shoul I do some backup of anything ?

2 After all this problems , would be a good idea to reinstall HM as well, or you do not think it is necessary ?

3 Do you by any chance know what could have corrupted my SQL , so I can be more careful next time ?

Tks for the help so far.
    Last edited by TKM; 07-24-2009 at 05:24 PM.

1. You will loose all the data in your database. A backup would not help because your database seems to be corrupt. If you don't have an archive with your hands you can try to export them from the database: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=173

2. Thats not necessary

3. Backup your database regularly and archive your handhistories. I do it every month and burn the data on DVD, then i delete the archived handhistory files.
    The reason for all this can be a hardware fault, a operating system problem or a software problem.