Rush HUD Fully Supported
Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Default Rush HUD Fully Supported

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Additions:

* Full FTP Rush HUD support
    * Added option to include or filter out Rush vs Non-Rush hands in the HUD. (HUD Options/Additional HUD Filters.)

Rush Notes:
    1. The tables need to be sized appropriately. (600 - 750 range) If your Rush table is outside of that range a pop-up message in the HUD window will advise you.
    2. Make sure your HUD doesn't overlap names on the table. We're using a screen scrape method for various reasons and the names must be visible so we can read them.
    3. Most performance issues can be resolved by changing the table window size. See #1.
    4. Make sure you're not using table mods - This can cause names to not be read correctly.

This isn't an official release, we just think the RUSH HUD is at a level where people can start using it. So far so good with our internal testing and that's why we've soft launched this here. If you have problems, please post in this thread and we'll address the problems. Eventually this thread will be locked, but please post feedback in the mean time.

*** UPDATE *** 2/14/2010
    HmUpdateRush.exe is now updated to fix a couple past problems.

*** UPDATE *** 2/9/2010
    The multi-monitor HMHUD.exe crash being reported is fixed, unfortunately it broke a few things too. We could pull this build or keep it out for you guys and we decided to keep it out so people can use the RUSH HUD. We're working on tidying up the problems the fix introduced and we don't expect the next update to be released for a day or so.

*** UPDATE *** 2/12/2010
    The HMHUD.exe from post#119 is now in the HMUpdateRush.exe file.

* Fixed Multi-Monitor crash
    * Better name recognition
    * Larger table sizes work better
    * "WindText.cpp Line: 943" crash should be fixed too

*** If you are having problems:*** 2/14/2010

1) Make sure the FTP Lobby > Languages > Language Options are set to English.

2) The tables need to be sized appropriately. (600 - 750 range) If your Rush table is outside of that range a pop-up message in the HUD window will advise you.

3) Make sure your HUD doesn't overlap names on the table. We're using a screen scrape method for various reasons and the names must be visible so we can read them.

4) Most performance issues can be resolved by changing the table window size even by a small amount.See #1 and make sure you have the latest update installed http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

5) Test the Hud out on a normal table first to verify its working

6) Dont use any Aero or other windows themes, change it to the default xp/vistawin7 theme

XP Windows XP: Use Windows XP in "Classic view"
    Vista Change the desktop theme
    Win7
    Windows 7 Switching Desktop Themes in Windows 7: Changing the Windows Aero Theme With Two Easy Methods

7) Turn Cleartype Off
    Vista How to Turn Off ClearType in Windows Vista
    Windows 7 Turn Off ClearType — MAXIMUMpcguides – Windows 7 tips, tricks, help, and how-to guides

8) Turn Avatars off in Full Tilt go to Options and untick Avatars

9) Switch between Classic and Racetrack in FT by going to Options > Table View

10) If you are using graphics mods you need to restore the default FTP graphics.

FTP Graphics Restore

You should be able to use the Selective Restore Package and install the BasePods Classic and BasePods RaceTrack so that HMHUD can properly read the names from the basepod. The area around the player name text must be the default colors of Black or White.

11) Reduce number of tables

12) Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
    2) Rightclick the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
    3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
    4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

13) For multitabling: start with one table, wait for the Hud to appear, then continue with opening the next table, wait....or open the tables before starting the auto-import.

14) Use a 32 Bit color resolution

GL,
    -B
    Last edited by netsrak; 04-11-2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: added 13)

I am just starting to test it out now.

The HUD triggers and seems to work when my table is on my primary monitor.

However, if the table is on my secondary monitor, the HUD insta-crashes.

Thank you, we are working on a fix for that now.

More issues I've encountered...

There are some letter recognition issues (it's very easy to notice after playing for a bit, as when there's a letter recognition error, it'll say you have 0 hands on the player). All of these happen some of the time, but not all of the time. Perhaps it depends on seat position?
    In order of how often I've encountered them...
    "g" is getting recognized as "0"
    "y" is getting recognized as "u"
    "9" is getting recognized as "g"
    "p" is getting recognized as "D"
    "_" is getting recognized as " "

I've also had a few crashes, usually predicated by the HUD either not showing up on one table or the popups not working on one table.

This is all 4-tabling (on my primary monitor for now) with windows sized near the larger end of the acceptable range.

Don't mean to be complaining too much, just trying to be helpful -- very impressed with the Rush HUD and its implementation so far.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Thank you, we are working on a fix for that now.
    Probably doesn't need to be said, but I hope you'll be supporting more than 2 monitors. I use 3 and often have tables up on every monitor at once. Well, not usually Rush, but still I don't want to be limited as to which monitor I can run a table/HUD on.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran68 View Post
    Probably doesn't need to be said, but I hope you'll be supporting more than 2 monitors. I use 3 and often have tables up on every monitor at once. Well, not usually Rush, but still I don't want to be limited as to which monitor I can run a table/HUD on.
    Multi monitor crash is fixed. Unfortunately the fix broke a few things. Tidying up those loose ends now.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by tundra View Post
    More issues I've encountered...

There are some letter recognition issues (it's very easy to notice after playing for a bit, as when there's a letter recognition error, it'll say you have 0 hands on the player). All of these happen some of the time, but not all of the time. Perhaps it depends on seat position?
    In order of how often I've encountered them...
    "g" is getting recognized as "0"
    "y" is getting recognized as "u"
    "9" is getting recognized as "g"
    "p" is getting recognized as "D"
    "_" is getting recognized as " "

I've also had a few crashes, usually predicated by the HUD either not showing up on one table or the popups not working on one table.

This is all 4-tabling (on my primary monitor for now) with windows sized near the larger end of the acceptable range.

Don't mean to be complaining too much, just trying to be helpful -- very impressed with the Rush HUD and its implementation so far.
    The version that is out worked pretty darn well for me when it came to name recognition. Since it is scraping the screen, try adjusting the table size even though you are in the right parameters.

Just 1 tabled for a dozen hands and was surprised by how well the hud worked. Still this is a sad sad day. =[[[[

Quote Originally Posted by tundra View Post

The feedback is very much appreciated. OCR depends on a lot of different variables but I'm sure Mike will get it sorted. On my system (and most of the internal team) it worked almost perfectly but things like screen resolution, system fonts etc could impact it. Also make sure that your HM stats windows are not partially covering the player names since that would increase the failure rate

Roy

Tested it for a couple of minutes and it works perfectly fine! Great speed on the stats too! I will do a 2 hours session in about an hour, so we'll see then