Will HM1 be updated to include support for Zoom?
Will HM1 be updated to include support for Zoom?
Yes, but it will be added to HM2 first.
So I have no eta for the HM1 update.
I would greatly appreciate if you guys could speed this up... I don't want to feel like we(HM1 buyers) are being forgotten, since it's mainly because of us buying HM1 that HM2 is possible. Also since you already had support for Full Tilt's Rush I feel like adding Zoom support to HM1 should be faster.
The only way I, and a lot of other HM1 users, would ever upgrade to HM2 is if we were happy with HM1. Why throw good money after bad?
We haven't had an official release for HM1 since before the New Year. There are a ton of problems, and things that you have been saying that will be added/fixed, but haven't. This "internal release" crap is getting old--- there is no way I'm downloading HM from filedropper to fix one thing-- prefetch on Stars for example-- when you should be releasing multiple fixes at a time here.
Pissing your users off is no way to encourage us to pay for your new product.
Zoom is just another example where your support is dropping the ball. You have had weeks of opportunity to test the new Zoom software, before it was added to the main Stars client just recently. You have known that this will be an important addition to your software. A make-it-or-break-it addition. A deal-breaker.
What choice do your users have except to test, and potentially buy, PokerTracker? HoldemManager became successful by poaching PT users--- I was one of them. How do you expect to keep your business when you now offer an inferior product, with inferior support, and only offer BS excuses (how about that new Stars VPP calculation?... maximum 10 minutes of a programmer's time and we still don't have it)..?
I also think that your company is forgetting that most of your new customers are from word-of-mouth. How many HM1 users are going to be happy to recommend your product if this neglect continues? It's stupid. It's bad business. And even though it would be money-out-of-pocket for me to have to change software, I'm beginning to root for your failure.
I can understand your frustration and we will have an official release in the next couple of hours. You have some good points that i can't argue with and we will try to be more frequent with the updates.
We support over 20 sites some of which have hundreds of skins and also 2 different products and it doesnt always run smoothly behind the scenes and there is a huge amount of work involved, we have all been working long hours for the last week to try and get zoom out in time but we have a couple of small issues we need to work out and as soon as they are completed well start rolling out HM1s version of Zoom. We had to make a choice on which one to support first otherwise if we tried to implement both concurrently we would delay it for users of both HM1 and HM2.
Since the vast majority of our users use HM2 now, most of which were also HM1 users it makes sense to implement for HM2 first, that's not an easy choice but a decision we had to make, we realize it wont be received well to people who just use HM1 exclusively but if you want i can get you a trial of HM2 in the meantime no problem at all and like i said we will try to release HM1 updates much quicker now. Ideally we would have had both ready in advance but the window between it being available in their test client and the fact the test client worked quite differently to the released beta delayed things somewhat.
We did announce we will continue to support the HM1 parser and any major bugs but we would no longer be implementing new features so there will still be less HM1 updates but we will try and do them faster and more often and in some cases we've had internal fixes out for HM1 before HM2, the recent Prima update was one of those instances.
//edit: i said id have a new build out in a few hours but we will hold off until tomorrow to get zoom import support added otherwise youll have to reimport your hands if you get the current version
We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.
Hi, thank you for your feedback, if things where to get delayed even more I would appreciate that trial HM2. It's understandable to release the update for HM2 first, no contest there but I feel like you guys need to add more "muscle" (coders/feature designers) to the team that HM2 priory list looks pretty long...
PS: for obvious reasons I only expect a replay to the trial part of my message
Last edited by W1z4rd; 03-22-2012 at 02:43 AM.
why?We had to make a choice on which one to support first otherwise if we tried to implement both concurrently we would delay it for users of both HM1 and HM2.
why is it that pokertracker managed to support zoom on both PT3 and PT4 beta, which by the way, has been in public beta for FAR FAR less time than HEM 2 has been
Disappointed that HEM1 doesn't support Zoom yet.