HM2 vs Poker Tracker 4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HM2 vs Poker Tracker 4

Hi All,

I am wondering about HM management strategy about the time lines of HM2. We have heard for at least 3 months that HM2 will be released soon to the public but still they have not finalized / communicated a solid date on which we can buy HM2. To keep us waiting they have posted some nice blogs to reveal some of the new functionality and to keep us interested. It is said that HM2 would be available in October (and I mean for the broader audience) but until today they have failed to keep that "promise". Now they keep us busy with some blogs about the developers and we can expect 9 more to come in the coming weeks. Does this mean that HM2 release is postponed for another 10 weeks? I am afraid so.

Now we are is the process of waiting I am afraid that HM2 will loose its competitive advantage and that Poker Tracker is catching up. Would it be interesting to wait for Poker Tracker 4 to enter the market or should we still put our money on HM2?

Please HM2 management release your plans and inform us about a solid date so that we know what we are up against.

Barlin

If you fail to plan you plan to fail.......

you need to relax man!!!

I am pretty sure that the developers are working really hard to make HM2 the best on market, so give them a break.

You know, you can buy HM1 now ang get a free upgrade when the final HM2 is released.

regards

Quote Originally Posted by labirynth View Post
    you need to relax man!!!

I am pretty sure that the developers are working really hard to make HM2 the best on market, so give them a break.

You know, you can buy HM1 now ang get a free upgrade when the final HM2 is released.

regards
    What makes you think that I am not relaxed. I am also sure that the developers are working hard and that is appreciated big time. I have never said anything about the developers and that will not change. I was talking about management of HM that is apparently no able to plan and set for a date.
    Regards

I understand what you mean, but creating a software is not easy. A software like HM2 could have millions of source code, so thats why it takes so long.
    i guess they can't yet give a release date since HM2 beta has a lot of bugs that need to be solved, but I'm pretty sure they want to give us a fully functional software to enjoy.

regards

I agree to that but as being a portfolio manager for some big software applications (30 developers) I agree with my customer on delivery dates etc. If I don't meet these dates they will grill me as well so I make sure that I plan to meet the dates. The fact that there are so many bugs is discomforting because it could say something about the development process as a whole. Has HM2 grew to big for the development team or are they still in control and do they know what they are doing? Time will tell....

When PokerTracker announced PT4,... HM2 was already 6 months into development. The HM2 vs PT4 competition will be great for players.

The issue is, we don't work towards a specific deadline. We have the luxury of releasing it when we feel we have a proper / stable version. We're already close to that now, mainly testing TableScanner at the moment.

Though when it's released (soon!), remember it will not be a "finished product". Like with HM1, it's always a work in progress, that can and will be improved. The improvements are clear comparing for example HM1 version 1.00 with 1.04, and 1.07.

I personally feel, since our team is a lot larger (and has a lot more resources), HoldemManager users shouldn't worry about PokerTracker catching up. But instead feel confident HoldemManager will always outshine any competitor in the long run. (did I mention that's because we have more resources)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    The issue is, we don't work towards a specific deadline. We have the luxury of releasing it when we feel we have a proper / stable version. We're already close to that now, mainly testing TableScanner at the moment.

Though when it's released (soon!), remember it will not be a "finished product". Like with HM1, it's always a work in progress, that can and will be improved. The improvements are clear comparing for example HM1 version 1.00 with 1.04, and 1.07.
    Now I start even worrying more! Of course it will not be a finished product. There will be new requests for new functionality and bugs that need to be fixed. What annoys me is that while you bennefit from your luxury you disrespect the customer at the same time with all your promises. I would rather hear a solid date in 2012 and at which date you deliver the product then promises over and over again which you cannot keep.

Kind regars,
    Barlin
    Last edited by Barlin63; 10-30-2011 at 04:46 AM.

The customer (edit: existing HM1 customers) can already use the HM2 beta version for free.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    The customer (edit: existing HM1 customers) can already use the HM2 beta version for free.
    Thanks. I guess I will take this route.

Well I took your advice and now I am on a kind of waiting list. I hope you understand that I am not too pleased with your previous advice. Please support me in getting the Beta version asap.