Creating Notes (Reset)

Default Creating Notes (Reset)

Hi guys,

I have just set Notecaddy to Reset Notes (having purchased a Premium HUD) and it is taking an eternity. After almost 24 hours it has now processed about 1.1 million hands out of a database of just over 6 million. Am I doing something wrong?

It is using 4 threads (the max) and I have the Turbo Hand Grabber box ticked.

Cheers,

Owen

Hi Owen,

If you have only got 1.1m hands done in 24 hours it would mean that you are only getting ~13 hands/second which is pretty slow.

Do you have a SSD on your pc? That'll help increase note speed the most.

To have a database of 6 million hands you would want to have a top notch pc to help process such a huge database in NoteCaddy. I'd suggest to go into NoteCaddy -> File -> Filters and filter out some of your 6 million hands that aren't as relevant anymore. Maybe you have some old hands in there, and/or hands from games/limits which you don't play anymore.

If you do apply some filters in NoteCaddy, then the note creation will skip over these filtered hands when it gets to them and the process will finish more quickly for you.

Thank you NCE. It would appear that I have a SSD 256GB (it would be about 4-5 years old like my Sony Viao). I have added the filter as you suggest (only including hands from Jan 2013 onwards which should knock out most of my database) and then pressed "Stop" and "Start". It seems to have sped things up but only marginally.

Cheers,

Owen

Hi again,

Following placing a filter on the Notecaddy database, will it help if I restart the whole process? Just pressing Stop and Start has not sped things up.

Cheers

Hi Owen,

You said in your filters you are including hands from 2013 onwards. You can do that if you like, but may I suggest to only include newer hands than that? Data from years ago will probably not help much, because many people play differently over time, and many people who played years ago are not playing anymore. You could consider just using hands from the past year.

NoteCaddy might not have gotten to your filtered hands yet in its process, so it hasn't skipped through them yet.

Restarting won't help you get the process finished more quickly. It is possible that NoteCaddy is almost finished if the rest of the hands are filtered out in your Filter settings.

Hi again,

I restarted everything to Filter from 2015 onwards and at long last it has finished. Unfortunately, I now remember why I didn't use NC previously as it slows down HM so much as to be unusable (I have a Sony Vaio with i7 2.80 GHz Processor, Windows 7 Pro, 8GB Memory and a 256 GB SSD. I would have thought my PC was sufficient but perhaps not. Can you please advise?

Cheers.

P.S. I am trying to play on Full Tilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baldrick View Post
    Hi again,

I restarted everything to Filter from 2015 onwards and at long last it has finished. Unfortunately, I now remember why I didn't use NC previously as it slows down HM so much as to be unusable (I have a Sony Vaio with i7 2.80 GHz Processor, Windows 7 Pro, 8GB Memory and a 256 GB SSD. I would have thought my PC was sufficient but perhaps not. Can you please advise?

Cheers.

P.S. I am trying to play on Full Tilt.
    Hi Owen,

The easiest way to get a nice boost in performance is to go into NoteCaddy and run Tools -> Vacuum Database. After it completes, then restart your PC and you should notice it run a bit more smoothly.

If you want to dive into it further these are good forum posts that can help:

1) http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ml#post2267712
    2) Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: What can be done if HUD is lagging?