NoteCaddy question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NoteCaddy question

Hello

I'd like NoteCaddy to show me the average open raise frequency in my database but when I'm trying to display it, it shows: N/A.

Any ideas?

notecaddy.png

No direction but to trust the final destination

This is because "do not take notes for missed opportunities" is selected for this definition. The reason is because that would lead to many notes of 0/1. However, you can enable it yourself "Opportunities" in NoteCaddy - Assaultware Wiki

Your overall note creation speed may drop though. You can reduce this somewhat by disabling "save note history" on the same general tab
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Thanks, that helped a lot

So I've created definitions for OpenRaises from every position now, in order to analyze the player pool that I'm up against.
    I want to make sure I only get my opponent's tendencies, I do not want to be included myself.

After I clicked on "seek" I noticed that I am actually included in those hands, but only as*OPPORTUNITY*.

How am I included if when I go to: File/Settings/Note Setting, the very top box "Add notes for hero" is not ticked?

Seek is not saving notes so the "add notes for hero" has no impact. However, for the aggregate data your notes wouldn't be included. If you want seek to ignore hero as well you have the option in the action sequence editor to specify "player had to NOT be the hero"
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

However, for the aggregate data your notes wouldn't be included.
    Oh, so the Average stats i marked on red below do not include Hero even if Seek does? That's alright

If you want seek to ignore hero as well you have the option in the action sequence editor to specify "player had to NOT be the hero"
    can't locate this particular option anywhere

Is it maybe because in General tab i ticked "Action had to be folded to player pre flop" ?

notecaddy2.png

Hello again
    I continue to learn how to make note definitions and it's not going too bad

I have a feeling I'm doing it the hard way tho
    I'm currently interested in definitions for one sparticular cash game limit, so when making them, I'm specifyng appropriate blinds (preflop tab/buyin information).
    What if later on I'd like to make the exact same notes but for a higher limit? Would I have to make all of them from scratch? Is there a more efficient way?

Note definitions that you make yourself are just xml files. There are many ways to make bulk changes to xml files. For example https://sourceforge.net/projects/findandreplace/. It may require learning regular expressions but overall is likely to take less time than to duplicate work.

Thanks

Another thing, I think I just noticed that regular tables NLH hands trigger ZOOM ONLY NLH note definitions.
    I have couple of Zoom only definitions created and I noticed that it in Test Environment, when I tested a regular NLH hand - It showed on green that it matches both REGULAR ONLY NLH definitions and ZOOM ONLY NLH definitions at the same time.

There's a warning message when you first use the test environment telling you that will happen. That's just in the test environment though so if possible please ignore it

oh ok cool no problem