Fold cold4bet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fold cold4bet?

Default Fold cold4bet?

Hello, im trying to find/create this stat. The problem I have while trying to create it is that I don't know how to assign the 4bet to a new player (cold4bet). So now, the stat also works for a player who OR and then 4bet.

I googled the stat and there were threads like this but only in blinds. Given fixed positions is easy to assign a new player to the 4bet because you can, for example, make OR the BTN, 3bet the SB and 4bet the BB.

I want the stat to work for every position. So, How can I do that? How can I assign one action (raise in this case) to a new player?

No direction but to trust the final destination

Specify a separate label (bottom left item) for the raiser and the 4 bettor
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    Specify a separate label (bottom left item) for the raiser and the 4 bettor
    Thanks!

I'm having a second problem now. I have this situation for example:

Player1: OpenRaise
    Player2: ColdCall
    Player3: 3bet
    Player1: Fold
    Player2: 4bet
    Player3: Fold

Notecaddy counts this as a cold4bet but it is not, because the 4bet was not the Player2 first action in the hand. I know that i can remove all the Coldcalls by puting "call" and "action had to not happen" but i dont want to. So i though i could put the "call" and the "action had to not happen" with the same "player label" as the "4bet" but you cant do that. Because when you put "action had to not happen" you cant change the action label.

Basically what I am trying to do is to put the "4bet" as the first action of that player in the hand.

Please post the items as requested in the sticky
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...ead-first.html
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Please post the items as requested in the sticky
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...ead-first.html
    I attached the files as requested. In "hand1" you can see a cold4bet from the bigblind. The player's first action (besides posting the blind) in the hand was raising the 3bet (squeeze in this case). In this hand, 3bettor did not fold to the cold4bet so the stat should appear as 0%(1).

And that is how i want the stat to work.

In "hand2" player from the SB 3bets again (squeeze in this case) and the 4bet comes from someone, BU, who was already on the hand (coldcalling the openraise). But the stat count this as a cold4bet. So it would appear as 0%(1) but I don't want this hand to count for the stat because the player was not cold4betting.

What I want is that the 4bet comes from a player who was not in the hand. Cold4bet. A "first action in the hand" filter.

The only way I found was to put between the openraiser and the 3bet a "call"/"action had to NOT happen" filter. But I do not want this. Because I do not mind the coldcalls to the OpenRaise. I just want the 4bet to be the first action in the hand from a player.

I hope I made myself clear.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can make the filter for this but it's a little bit complicated. You will need multiple "action sequences".

-one with 2x call/had to not happen before and after oepn raise (want to rule out limp/4bet too I imagine)
    -one where a limp is allowed but with a different label than the 4bettor
    -one where the raise is called but also not by the two bettor

Hopefully that clears it up

You can make the filter for this but it's a little bit complicated. You will need multiple "action sequences".

-one with 2x call/had to not happen before and after oepn raise (want to rule out limp/4bet too I imagine)
    -one where a limp is allowed but with a different label than the 4bettor

Hopefully that clears it up
    Thanks for the response. I'm pretty new at creating notes and I do not understand something. If I create the "action sequence" "call", wouldnt the stat work ONLY when there is a call? How do I create the "is allowed but not obligatory" filter?

Actually, I want to leave limps and coldcalls to openraise in

I don't understand this one.

Is there a stat where I can see an example of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Namg View Post
    Thanks for the response. I'm pretty new at creating notes and I do not understand something. If I create the "action sequence" "call", wouldnt the stat work ONLY when there is a call? How do I create the "is allowed but not obligatory" filter?
    If you make multiple sequences only one has to be true. What I am suggesting is to have several to cover the different scenarios. Definitely not the most convenient thing to do but it should work

Actually, I want to leave limps and coldcalls to openraise in
    indeed if you have one action sequence where it's left in you cover that possbility

Is there a stat where I can see an example of this?
    unfortunately this is rarely needed so not covered in the wiki or default stats. I think if you add a second action sequence and then observe the results in the test environment you will get this pretty fast. The important thing is that multiple action sequences means OR as opposed to multiple actions = AND