Several questions about customization
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Several questions about customization

It appears i can use notecaddy in many possible ways

Question 1. i can add notes to a popup from notecaddy popup and this will show the note on the bottom of the popup , How can i add the notes in such way that they will cover all the popup's space? right now i want to create popups for notes only but there is extra black space and i dont know how can i make it to look good , also how can i have extra space between the notes to separate them and be more watchable?

Question 2. I can add the notes to the hud , this give me a numeric value , is this percentage or something else? for ex i added donk bet and it gives me 33 is this 33%? like a stat? also how can i add badges to the hud which i will click and show me a popup with notes? (not stats)

Question 3. I can add the notes directly to a popup from popup designer , this give me a numeric value too , something like 33(54) is 33 the percentage and 54 the opportunities or something else? also some values are like -100 , what does - mean? minus 100%? i dont get it

Ps. i found how to make badges appear on the replayer but they dont appear when i play live , why?
    Last edited by Evilaizen24; 06-22-2016 at 06:21 AM.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Quote Originally Posted by Evilaizen24 View Post
    It appears i can use notecaddy in many possible ways

Question 1. i can add notes to a popup from notecaddy popup and this will show the note on the bottom of the popup , How can i add the notes in such way that they will cover all the popup's space? right now i want to create popups for notes only but there is extra black space and i dont know how can i make it to look good , also how can i have extra space between the notes to separate them and be more watchable?
    The notes take up a finite amount of space which is not configurable.

Question 2. I can add the notes to the hud , this give me a numeric value , is this percentage or something else? for ex i added donk bet and it gives me 33 is this 33%? like a stat? also how can i add badges to the hud which i will click and show me a popup with notes? (not stats)

Here are detailed instructions for adding badges NoteCaddy Badges - Assaultware Wiki
    You can set any popup for a badge to override the default by setting a popup in the "stat appearance" tab in the HUD editor for the NC.OrderedBadge stat(s)

Question 3. I can add the notes directly to a popup from popup designer , this give me a numeric value too , something like 33(54) is 33 the percentage and 54 the opportunities or something else? also some values are like -100 , what does - mean? minus 100%? i dont get it
    If it is a composite definition then it can show any value, doesn't have to be 0-100 Composite Definitions - Assaultware Wiki

Ps. i found how to make badges appear on the replayer but they dont appear when i play live , why?
    NoteCaddy restrictions on Amaya properties: PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker - Assaultware Wiki
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Ok ty , you didnt answer me though , when i use notecaddy notes directly from popup designer or hud designer instead of notecaddy popup do notes convert into hud stats? are these numbers stats or something else? also do they tell me the % of the action i assigned in the note? and how do i define my opportunities if i want them to be hud stats? define by action or something else?

Also im looking for a forum/site or whatever to find ideas about notecaddy , the color coding is perfect but i still dont know how to extract max value from notes , some good players seem to use notecaddy for stats but i dont know what kind of stats maybe more specific advanced stats instead of the default ones? , i mostly want to find some good use against regs because i think against recreationals the vague notes will do just fine since they arent aware about anything and dont adjust but against regs you need to be as specific as possible otherwise the note might do more harm than good but if you do that you will need tons of notes , its not impossible though.

This advice on your site confused me:

You should try to understand the real power of NoteCaddy and define things like "I want to see how someone's raises versus TAGs' continuation bets compares to the player pool's" Try to think of specific information that makes a player different from his peers. It is this specific information that is actionable to exploit players. Seeing a list of hands requires too much real time processing by your own brain and unless it is put into context properly may cause you to react poorly.

I dont quite get what you mean? why not set it to see how much he raise vs tags? whats the difference? handrange is easily readable and its nice feature btw , why do you think comparison instead of direct read is better? i know this question is more about the game rather than support of the product but its very confusing.

Ps. how can i set enemy's position instead of note recipient's position? it would be nice for 3bet notes and other notes aswell.
    Last edited by Evilaizen24; 06-23-2016 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilaizen24 View Post
    Ok ty , you didnt answer me though , when i use notecaddy notes directly from popup designer or hud designer instead of notecaddy popup do notes convert into hud stats? are these numbers stats or something else? also do they tell me the % of the action i assigned in the note? and how do i define my opportunities if i want them to be hud stats? define by action or something else?
    Opportunity by action is the most common. Adding from popup or HUD designer does show the notes as stats.

Also im looking for a forum/site or whatever to find ideas about notecaddy , the color coding is perfect but i still dont know how to extract max value from notes , some good players seem to use notecaddy for stats but i dont know what kind of stats maybe more specific advanced stats instead of the default ones? , i mostly want to find some good use against regs because i think against recreationals the vague notes will do just fine since they arent aware about anything and dont adjust but against regs you need to be as specific as possible otherwise the note might do more harm than good but if you do that you will need tons of notes , its not impossible though.
    You should have a look at the coaching packs like NoteCaddy Edge, NC Predator, pro tools which have stickies at the top of this forum. Those packs are based on years of study and will likely save you a lot of effort.

This advice on your site confused me:

You should try to understand the real power of NoteCaddy and define things like "I want to see how someone's raises versus TAGs' continuation bets compares to the player pool's" Try to think of specific information that makes a player different from his peers. It is this specific information that is actionable to exploit players. Seeing a list of hands requires too much real time processing by your own brain and unless it is put into context properly may cause you to react poorly.

I dont quite get what you mean? why not set it to see how much he raise vs tags? whats the difference? handrange is easily readable and its nice feature btw , why do you think comparison instead of direct read is better? i know this question is more about the game rather than support of the product but its very confusing.
    Creating "vs TAG" definitions filters out how a player acts against fish and so there's less chances of misleading stats where someone was adjusting their play over a small sample size.

Ps. how can i set enemy's position instead of note recipient's position? it would be nice for 3bet notes and other notes aswell.
    In the action sequence editor each action has a position filter dropdown Filtering player actions - Assaultware Wiki
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Ok , some last questions

1. The more definitions i have the slower processing will be? do i have keep the number of definitions low? i have i3 and can reach 4 threads max.

2. I push *create notes for unproccesed hands* and it says all hands processed but despite that some notes are not there which means the hands arent processed for all the notes. do i have to use *perform pending actions* to update my notes ? if so then whats the purpose of the first option?

3. I tried to use perform pending action but pressed stopped and closed it but now i dont know how to restart the note process for the specific notes because they no longer appear on the perform pending actions list , i have to make it inactive and active again to appear , is there a faster way?

4. If i plan to use notes as stats do i have to go through note processing? i think yes because if i dont they appear as - but i ask just to be 100% sure.

5. Is there anywhere a tier of note profitability? i mean a list with the best to worse notes based on $ made.
    Last edited by Evilaizen24; 06-24-2016 at 08:58 AM.

Hi Evilaizen24,

1. More definitions will equal slower processing speed, but it takes a large number of extra notes to bring the speed down dramatically.

2 & 3. You should stop the pending actions and choose File -> Reset Notes. After it's finished, then choose Create notes for unprocessed hands. (pending actions I think is best for a small number of tasks, like 10 or less)

4. Yes after you add/edit a new definition, you would need to process it again so that NoteCaddy can run your hands again for this definition.

5. The NoteCaddy Column Chooser I think is what you're looking for here.

is it possible to rename the hand strengths? i know graphs arent allowed but what about text? for ex. if villains bets with toppair/xkicker , second pair or whatever , i want it to show me in the note *Villain bets with Middle strength* or something like this , i want to group several hand strengths for a specific spot and use a single name for all of them , this will make it much easier to read them , can i do that somehow?

tools->customize note output. Though I'm not what will happen if you give two the same value

It shows the same value twice , is it possible to make it show only once?
    Last edited by Evilaizen24; 07-03-2016 at 08:12 AM.

It's not possible now but it's something that can be considered for a future release