Composite profit stats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Composite profit stats

Hi,

I am not sure if this is possible. Say I want to analyze the profitability of a call of a 3bet.

If I am the original open raiser, the call could be +EV even if my net profit is negative since I made a previous investment. Hence, what I need is a stat similar to

C3B result = net profit - previous investment prior to facing the 3Bet

I was thinking of a composite definition. Is something like this possible in Notecaddy (or plain HM2)? I.e., is it possible to create a stat showing "previous investment prior to facing the 3Bet"?

Thank you very much in advance!

No direction but to trust the final destination

The BigBlindsPerHand option in composite definitions already does what you're describing. Have a look at tools->player notes. When you pull up the history for a definition, you'll see the profit column for each hand.
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

This is great, thank you!

Is there any documentation on BigBlindsPerHand? In this case, it indeed seems to do what I am looking for.

I have a hand where I called a preflop 3bet, called a flop cbet and ultimately lost a total of 21 bb. The C3B stat shows a net profit of -18.5 bb (deducting my open raise of 2.5 bb). The call cbet stat, on the other hand, shows a net of -21 bb. Applying the same logic to the call cbet stat, I would expect it to show (-21 bb + (money invested beforehand)) for the sake of consistency.

The win/loss is what happens after the call cbet. It shows a lower amount because when c3b you had invested less than when calling the cbet. Just remember the +/- is starting after the note was taken.
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

I am not sure I am understanding you correctly. Maybe you read my post wrong. Does .BigBlindsPerHand correspond to "net" in the test environment? Because "net" seems to not work as you describe.

I have a hand where I open on the button for 2.5 bbs and call a 3bet of 9 bbs. On the flop I call a cbet of 11 bbs. Turn goes check, check, and on the river I fold to a bet.

If what you describe were true, the note "CallsCbetIP" should show a net of -11 bbs ["+/- is starting after the note was taken"]. Instead it reads

CallsCbetIP: SUCCESS "calls cbet IP{}1/1)" net: - 20 bb

My call 3bet note complies with what you are describing:

C3B: SUCCESS "Call 3Bet {}(1/1)" net: -17.50 bb

Please post your hand and definition here so I can have a look

Where can I send it to? I would rather not post it here and I seem to be lacking privileges for sending private messages.

My apologies but support is provided only via the forums. You can edit out your screen name if you want to but keeping the support here is beneficial to all users who search for questions and then can read threads to find answers and examples

OK. Anyway, I think I have given enough information so that one should be able to answer unambiguously whether or not the two notes I described are showing the correct "net won", and if so, be able to give the definition for it (which then leads to the two results).

A sample hand can be seen below as well as the generated notes which show -17.50 BBs for the C3B and -20 BBs for the Call CBet. In my opinion, the latter seems to be contrary to what you described above.

Call3Bet.png

Call CBet.png

[converted_hand][hand_history]$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 3 Players

SB (SB): $50 (100 bb)
    BB (BB): $55 (110 bb)
    Hero (BTN): $51.65 (103.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 7:club: 7:spade:
    Hero raises to $1.25, SB raises to $4.50, BB folds, Hero calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.50) 5:spade: 2:diamond: 9:spade: (2 players)
    SB bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50

Turn: ($20.50) Q:heart: (2 players)
    check, check
    River: ($20.50) 5:club: (2 players)
    SB bets $16.40, Hero folds
    [/hand_history][/converted_hand]