Customed NC notes not working (...probably causing HEM2 to crash)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Customed NC notes not working (...probably causing HEM2 to crash)

Hi,

I have had a lot of technical problems lately. More and more frequently. Last week, it ended up when I could not connect to postgresql.

Read the full version of the problems here :
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ml#post2449383

Unfortunately, no solution worked, so I have had to uninstall HEM and postgres, and install it again from scratch.

I have also installed a SSD hard drive to make everything work better (my PC is new and is equiped with : Intel Core i5-4440 CPU@3.10GHz + 8Go RAM + Windows 8).
    After reading a few threads in this forum, this looks like the "dream installation" for HEM2 and NC, isn't it?

Unfortunately, it seems that some problems occur again, even after reinstallation.

I don't know if this is related, but my technical problems began to increase and be more and more frequent after I started creating my own NC customed notes
    I created +- 90 NC customed notes. They look pretty simple to me (most of them are original NC notes, wih one specific additional condition). None of these NC notes include "Villain's type of player" : I can send a few examples to NC support by email : plz provide me with an email address as I don't want to attach it here.

Btw, I am using 2.5.1.6 NC version and 2.0.0.8264 HEM version.

So, last week, before I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it on a SSD hard drive (until then, I used a 7200 rpm disk), here is what happened :
    -stats were not incrementing during the session (after playing 1 hour vs a random, my HUD was only showing "10 hands played" for example),
    -or NC stats showing "-",
    -the HUD started freezing,
    -the stats panels were loading next to the wrong player,
    -when i opened a new table, it took several minutes for the HUD to appear next to this new table, and often with the wrong stats.
    So I had to stop the HUD several times during the session, and start it again, but even this was almost impossible to do as HEM2 wouldn't show up : it really looked like HEM2 was freezing, and I couldn't access the HEM2 interface during the session... so once again I often had to Ctrl+Alt+Suppr and stop HEM2...
    But as far as I can remember, HEM2 was only using 50% CPU, and the memory involved didn't seem that big.

Today I installed HEM2 on my new SSD hard drive, and imported the HH again, and then imported the NC notes too and launched the NC notes creation.
    Here is what I notice so far :
    -after each notes creation, when I close HEM2, I can't open it again, as Windows tells me there's an instance of this programm which is already running. Ctrl+Alt+Supp -> indeed I can find a HEM2 process still running, even if HEM2 is not listed among the running programms (for example, 10 minutes after shutting down HEM2, this background process still uses 28% of the processor, and 370 Mo memory, 0 Mo/s on disk). So I have to reboot the computer.
    -the NC customed notes show "-" in the HUD or pop ups (whereas the "seek" function finds opportunities and successes for these notes).
    -After 6 hours of use, I have already had to stop manually HEM2 (Ctrl+Alt+Suppr) 3 times because it was freezing while loading the HUD in the replayer.

I haven't tried to play with it so far.

What should I do?

No direction but to trust the final destination

Quote Originally Posted by krheni View Post
    Hi,

I have had a lot of technical problems lately. More and more frequently. Last week, it ended up when I could not connect to postgresql.

Read the full version of the problems here :
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ml#post2449383

Unfortunately, no solution worked, so I have had to uninstall HEM and postgres, and install it again from scratch.

I have also installed a SSD hard drive to make everything work better (my PC is new and is equiped with : Intel Core i5-4440 CPU@3.10GHz + 8Go RAM + Windows 8).
    After reading a few threads in this forum, this looks like the "dream installation" for HEM2 and NC, isn't it?
    No, other than the SSD that configuration is quite far from optimal. The CPU is weak and too little memory

Unfortunately, it seems that some problems occur again, even after reinstallation

I don't know if this is related, but my technical problems began to increase and be more and more frequent after I started creating my own NC customed notes
    I created +- 90 NC customed notes. They look pretty simple to me (most of them are original NC notes, wih one specific additional condition). None of these NC notes include "Villain's type of player" : I can send a few examples to NC support by email : plz provide me with an email address as I don't want to attach it here.

Btw, I am using 2.5.1.6 NC version and 2.0.0.8264 HEM version.

So, last week, before I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it on a SSD hard drive (until then, I used a 7200 rpm disk), here is what happened :
    -stats were not incrementing during the session (after playing 1 hour vs a random, my HUD was only showing "10 hands played" for example),
    -or NC stats showing "-",
    -the HUD started freezing,
    -the stats panels were loading next to the wrong player,
    -when i opened a new table, it took several minutes for the HUD to appear next to this new table, and often with the wrong stats.
    So I had to stop the HUD several times during the session, and start it again, but even this was almost impossible to do as HEM2 wouldn't show up : it really looked like HEM2 was freezing, and I couldn't access the HEM2 interface during the session... so once again I often had to Ctrl+Alt+Suppr and stop HEM2...
    But as far as I can remember, HEM2 was only using 50% CPU, and the memory involved didn't seem that big.

Today I installed HEM2 on my new SSD hard drive, and imported the HH again, and then imported the NC notes too and launched the NC notes creation.
    Here is what I notice so far :
    -after each notes creation, when I close HEM2, I can't open it again, as Windows tells me there's an instance of this programm which is already running. Ctrl+Alt+Supp -> indeed I can find a HEM2 process still running, even if HEM2 is not listed among the running programms (for example, 10 minutes after shutting down HEM2, this background process still uses 28% of the processor, and 370 Mo memory, 0 Mo/s on disk). So I have to reboot the computer.
    -the NC customed notes show "-" in the HUD or pop ups (whereas the "seek" function finds opportunities and successes for these notes).
    -After 6 hours of use, I have already had to stop manually HEM2 (Ctrl+Alt+Suppr) 3 times because it was freezing while loading the HUD in the replayer.

I haven't tried to play with it so far.

What should I do?
    Did you update to the HEM beta version released recently? You should consider rolling back to the stable HM2 release or use the latest NC http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...-5-1-beta.html
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    No, other than the SSD that configuration is quite far from optimal. The CPU is weak and too little memory
    I don't get it : my configuration is more powerful than what is recommended here (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ance-tips.html), isn't it?

Btw, the HEM DB I use is pretty small atm : 1700 MB, (more or less 650K HH I think).
    I can't do much about the CPU, but I can add RAM : how much RAM do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    Did you update to the HEM beta version released recently? You should consider rolling back to the stable HM2 release or use the latest NC http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...-5-1-beta.html
    After posting my (above) feedback, I shut down the PC yesterday and restarted it this morning.
    Today, after reading your reply, I have installed the latest NC, and later, the NC customed notes appeared in my HUD in the replayer (I don't know if it's bc of the latest NC, as I had noticed last week that this kind of thing could happen "randomly", for no apparent reason).

But the replayer is still very slow and seems to have a hard time loading the HUD. When I opened a second HH to review it, it just made HEM freeze, and I have had to reboot HEM manually once again (ctrl+alt+del).

And then after starting HEM again, the NC customed notes don't appear in the HUD anymore... In fact, it seems that it's all the NC stats which don't appear anymore in my HUD, not only the customed ones.

So now, I think that maybe when I start HEM for the 1st time after starting the PC, everything works fine (even if slow and fragile), but after the 1st problem occurs (HEM freezing for example), I have to shut down HEM manually, and then the NC notes don't appear anymore in the HUD, until I reboot the PC.

Would this scenario make sense to you?

I have now rolled back to the last "non beta" HEM version (2.0.08247).

I am gonna reboot the PC once again to check if this allows the NC notes to appear again in the replayer's HUD.

Is there an email address where I can send you examples of the NC customed definition I made so that you can check if there's something wrong with it?

ty

So now, I think that maybe when I start HEM for the 1st time after starting the PC, everything works fine (even if slow and fragile), but after the 1st problem occurs (HEM freezing for example), I have to shut down HEM manually, and then the NC notes don't appear anymore in the HUD, until I reboot the PC.

I am gonna reboot the PC once again to check if this allows the NC notes to appear again in the replayer's HUD.
    I have just rebooted the PC, and unfortunately, the NC notes still don't appear in the replayer's HUD.

I have rebooted the PC several times to see if the NC notes could be loaded in the replayer's HUD.

And I noticed that NC's version was showing 2.5.0.3 (as far as I can remember).
    This is strange, because I had followed your advice and I had installed the latest NC version, which should be something like 2.5.1.x, so I did the same thing again :

1. Download the file http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.latest.zip
    2. If you're using HM2, make sure it is closed and extract the files to c:\program files (x86)\holdem manager 2. You don't need to copy the file notecaddy.exe from the zip if you're using HM2
    3. Restart HM2

And now I can't launch HEM2 anymore : it starts, loading configuration module, etc... until "loading dashboard module" or "loading Active Session module" and suddenly a window appears : in english, I guess it should be something like "Hold'em Manager has stopped working" (translated from french).

So if I want to be able to start HEM2, it seems that I have to reinstall 2.0.0.8247 HEM version.
    But with this HEM version, the NC version included seems to be the 2.5.0.30
    And if I try to install the latest NC version, I can't open HEM anymore...

And with the only installation which works (2.0.0.8247 HEM version with 2.5.0.30 NC), the NC notes don't show up in the replayer's HUD...

And with the only installation which works (2.0.0.8247 HEM version with 2.5.0.30 NC), the NC notes don't show up in the replayer's HUD...
    I reseted the notes and launched the notes creation once again, and now the NC notes show up again in the HUD.
    Everything still seems fragile and slow.
    I'll post here with the next observations.

Since I rolled back to the last HEM2 version, (2.0.0.8247 HEM version with 2.5.0.30 NC), it seems to work.
    I'll post here if the problems happen again.

I didn't get any reply by email from NC support regarding the customed notes definitions, so I can't be 100% sure this is not related to the problem. But as it finally sounds more like a problem of incompatibility between HM and NC versions, maybe it would be good to replace this thread's title by something like "problem between HEM (2.0.0.8264 beta) and NC".

Last week, when I started HEM2, I got a message saying there was an official HEM2 update + and official NC update.
    Since I ran these updates, I have only used these softwares a few hours (and never while playing), but I have had to manually restart HEM2 twice (Ctrl+Alt+del, which I never had to do before), and now, my NC notes don't show up in the HUD.
    So this strongly reminds me of last month's nightmare I explained in this thread (read the previous posts).

So I guess there's still an incompatibility between NC and HEM2 last versions.

There is no incompatibility. Reset your notes and create them new. Then check again if it works. If it still doesn't work,please post here and i'll help you to make it work.

edit: make sure that your HM2 is version 8280 and NC 2.5.1.10 (or.11) before reset and create notes
    Last edited by NoteCaddy Predator; 02-16-2015 at 03:47 PM.