negative Diff in inst/opp from another def not working?

Default negative Diff in inst/opp from another def not working?

I'm not sure I'm doing this right as the results aren't what I expected.

I have two note definitions (A and badge B) that define opportunities by action and they both seem to be calculating the success percent correctly. In B I want to compare it to the A and only show it when B occurs 30% less than A so I set Difference in instance/opportunity from another definition to min 0 max -30.

Doesn't seem to be working. I'm looking at an instance now where B is showing but B success is 11% and A is 9%.

What am I doing wrong?

No direction but to trust the final destination

I think it needs to be minimum -30, maximum 0 if you want it to be 30% lower or more
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

I want it to be no more than -30%. I want the note to show up when someone does something less often. So basically the value of B needs to be between -infinity% and -30% less than the value of A.

Leaving min/max as 0 treats it as blank (infinity) when using positive values for the other field but I'm not sure it works the same when using negative values. I tried putting -3000 in min and -30 in max and that didn't seem to give me the desired results either.

Putting -30 in minimum was one of the first things I tried.

One more thing I'm not sure about. In the actual note it might say something like

(42/1386 3% +15.8bb/h) (-40%)

Is that last value in bold supposed to be the deviation from the stat I chose to compare it to or something else? The numbers don't represent the actual difference.

A is 3.65, B is 3.03 so percent difference is (3.03-3.65)/3.03 which is -20%.

I am trying to understand what I am doing differently than you are. I tested with two default definitions:

cbetsInPosition
    cbetsOutOfPosition

So the OOP should be lower typically. I added a test filter to only show it when it's 5% lower

Tested it with a player whose OOP is actually higher

Then with a player who is lower

In all cases the result meets my expectation. Please tell me how what I am doing differs from what you're doing

you may need to right click->view image to see the full images
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by MicroRoller View Post
    One more thing I'm not sure about. In the actual note it might say something like

(42/1386 3% +15.8bb/h) (-40%)

Is that last value in bold supposed to be the deviation from the stat I chose to compare it to or something else? The numbers don't represent the actual difference.

A is 3.65, B is 3.03 so percent difference is (3.03-3.65)/3.03 which is -20%.
    It's the difference from the average. Please see How to read a NoteCaddy note - Assaultware Wiki for more details

I think I figured out what the problem was. I didn't see it until I used the Player Notes tool.

For some reason, sometimes when notes are created 2 notes will show up when there should only be one. For one player I see:

Note A: {KJs,AA,99,T8s}(19/216 8% -0.6bb/h)
    and
    Note A: {}(0/4 0%}

Also see multiple note B's

I usually use the task processor but when I notice this I reset and start over. Going to try that.

Any idea what causes that to happen? I'm impatient and do things I probably shouldn't like work on other notes, make changes to notes that are being processed and continue to play while the task processor is running.

If I still see the problem after resetting notes I'll come back to let you know but thanks for the help.