Bug: No reason given for badge not showing if strength versus average setting set but

Default Bug: No reason given for badge not showing if strength versus average setting set but

Had a few notes with badges created where the badges weren't showing where it seemed they should. After doing an analysis on the note definition I found a few players that had the correct success % and sufficient number of instances but the badge did not appear (no check in the checkbox) and there was no reason given as to why the badge wasn't showing. That field in the definition analysis was simply blank.

It turns out I had a mistake in my note definition. I usually open an existing note and then use the "Save New" menu item so that I can save some time since all my definitions share certain similarities. When I did that I used a note that had a value set for "strength vs average" in the Advanced tab that I forgot to change to zero. These notes in question didn't go to showdown on success so there was no way to determine strength.

Shouldn't the definition analysis show a reason of "strength vs average not in range" or cannot be determined? It would have saved me some head scratching caused by my mistake.

No direction but to trust the final destination

I don't know if I agree that not having an explanation for every possible permutation is a bug. Sometimes people try hard to make something perfect and fail. This does present an opportunity to make a more user friendly software though
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Bug is the shortest word I could think of to describe it as the title was getting long. Figured it wouldn't be something you came across yourself. Probably a better way to handle it rather than having the reason reported in the definition analysis is to have an error popup when the definition is saved saying that you can't filter by strength if there is no strength variable in the description. Kind of like what happens if you try to save a definition with CaddySpark turned on but no range variables used. Also that other thing that needs to be done for the note to record average strength but it escapes me right now. Took me a while to figure out why average strength wasn't being recorded too on some notes.

Like you mentioned, not a high priority issue but wanted to bring it to your attention since I didn't think you'd make the same mistake I did.