Notes Filter

Thread: Notes Filter

Default Notes Filter

Hello! I was wondering if this option works with NC notes simultaneously! I figured that we would have a problem after 12 months, since there would be diversifications in NC notes, and stats created by HM, which would mislead.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.png (81.0 KB, 8 views)
    Last edited by Broot; 09-14-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Banned

There isn't. NoteCaddy has it's own filter (File->Filters), a reset is needed for it to take effect on already processed hands.

I don't see what would be misleading. Yes, there could be a difference between the dates used by HM2 and NC, but why is that misleading per se?

Quote Originally Posted by HossendeHaai View Post
    There isn't. NoteCaddy has it's own filter (File->Filters), a reset is needed for it to take effect on already processed hands.

I don't see what would be misleading. Yes, there could be a difference between the dates used by HM2 and NC, but why is that misleading per se?
    For example i have a definition "Was 3bet by hero". In that 12 month period i see a correct stat, of how often i 3bet that guy.

But when 12 months pass, his HEM stats begin moving forward, to a newer data, while mine include ALL the hands whch where processed. In fact he sees me differently.

Banned

Ok, that's why the stats are different. Doesn't mean data that includes 13 instead of 12 months is 'misleading' imo.

If you want the dates to match you can adjust the NC filter and reset notes at anytime you find NC to be misleading. Also NoteCaddy has the option to only use last X opportunities for any given definition, which is even better than to use a fixed period.

Ok, that's why the stats are different. Doesn't mean data that includes 13 instead of 12 months is 'misleading' imo.

If you want the dates to match you can adjust the NC filter and reset notes at anytime you find NC to be misleading. Also NoteCaddy has the option to only use last X opportunities for any given definition, which is even better than to use a fixed period.
    13 vs. 12 is not a big deal, while 12 vs. 36 can be.

"only use last X opportunities" - how does one figure that "X" to match the HEM stats?

Banned

That's impossible as HEM doesn't have that option. Do think using a last # opportunities is better, but if you want HM2 and NC to match it's not an option. Then NoteCaddy's filters would be the way to go. If you find a 2-month difference acceptable, you only have to adjust that every 2 months i.e.

That's impossible as HEM doesn't have that option. Do think using a last # opportunities is better, but if you want HM2 and NC to match it's not an option. Then NoteCaddy's filters would be the way to go. If you find a 2-month difference acceptable, you only have to adjust that every 2 months i.e.
    So HEM and NC won`t match automatically in data range.

Banned

Correct, it's not possible.

Correct, it's not possible.
    and thus it sucks.

What you could do is set the months in HM2 to something very high like 180, and use all hands. Next create a new database with just the hands you want in it, like the last 6 months or 2 months or whatever you prefer. Now HM2 won't filter the hands out by date, and they will match up with NoteCaddy.