Preflophandrange variable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Preflophandrange variable

Hi, is there a variable for preflop hand range?

Here's what I mean. Say I'm trying to create a definition for vllain's button openraises with caddyscatter. What I need is to view his hands strength depending on the betsizing. Currently I'm using $cardrange variable, but caddyscatter evaluates the hand strength relative to the postflop cards.

is there a fix for it?

Looks like I've misinterpreted situation. This seems like just a bug.

QIP Shot -

Why is A7 has preflop strength of 99 assigned?

No direction but to trust the final destination

I know it can be very difficult to read the manual (as your many many posts have shown) but literally the first sentence of NoteCaddy General Strength - Assaultware Wiki says

Strengths are based on numbers 1-169 for pre flop and 1 to 100 post flop.
    Please try harder to require less support or it won't be possible to continue this relationship. It hurts all other users when one person makes no effort to learn/understand and consumes such a large proportion of support efforts.
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Thank you for the suggestion. The funny thing is that I read manual quite a lot and I post about 1/10th of my questions to the forum when it becomes really difficult to struggle with the manual and other ways to resolving the problem.

Speaking of issue described in this post I'd say the following. I know that preflop hands are ranged from 1 to 169, but for some reason caddyscatter ranges them from 1 to 100 in my case. Is this a bug?

The interesting thing is that caddyscatter in main popup works fine and shows hand strengths properly but still ranges them from 1 to 100. So the reason why I made the screenshot with A7 was to just show you that it is quite obvious the preflop A7 is not a hand that resides in top 2% of range.

So I cannot understand this behaviour and I am unable to see anything related to it in manual. Since caddyscatter sometimes shows postflop board cards near the hand and since the same hand gets different ranks in defferent outplays I make a conclusion that NC considers not only preflop hand strength. That's why I asked for a preflop variable suggestion. Btw, I spend about 20 minutes right now reading manual again trying to solve this issue and still got no answer.

And I would also like to note the behavior that is completely beyond my understanding:
    QIP Shot -

On the screenshot you can see that caddyscatter somehow gives a strength to the unknown hand that didn't showdown.

Quote Originally Posted by polishukdenis View Post
    On the screenshot you can see that caddyscatter somehow gives a strength to the unknown hand that didn't showdown.
    It is not NC, it is you who gives the strength value to non showdown hands in settings:
    Implicit Strength value
    Implicit Weakness value

I've got both set to zero in settings. How do I make it to just show the strength of preflop hands and not to count implicit strength or weakness?

You are right, i only looked at flop action, so i thought it was rated by implicit as it is normally are. But now i read your definition name and see that this is very puzzling indeed.

Possible guess - if this note definition at your screenshot is taken from you, from hero, then scatter did saw your actual hand strength from hh logs, but this hand is not showed in definition itself, because you didn't made to showdown, which is also normal.

Does this problem occurs with notes of other players too, not only with hero?

Unfortunately this is not the case. This situation happens for all the players in database...not only for hero...

Catalyst_Kh, is caddyscatter actually works fine for you? Because I've just recreated notes and it shows some ridiculous information to me. Meaning that hand strength shown are sometimes completely inappropriate and I see pretty much the same thing with holecards, meaning that notecaddy assigns a strength to a hand that didn't showdown.