Notes not showing
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Notes not showing

Hello,

I have a recurrent issue of notes not showing in the HUD/pop ups on the players (even for players I have a big sample on).
    I thought this could come from my low space on hard drive. But I changed it for a 1To SSD with 900 Go of free space and I still face the same issue.
    I am using HEM 8117 and note caddy 2.5.0.8
    I am using postgres 9.0
    My computer is: processor i7, 32Go RAM, SSD 1To.
    So basically to describe you the issue the best I can : when I turn my computer on in the morning and start playing : for the first 30 minutes I can’t play because HEM is lagging every time I try to open a pop up. So I have to wait, sometimes close and reopen HEM, sometimes reboot the computer. After a while (~30-60 minutes) HEM isn’t lagging anymore (don’t ask me why I have no idea) and I can play. But then the notes on the players are fluctuating, meaning in the beginning of the session very few notes are showing, but the notes on the players reappear player by player during the session. For example very often I have no notes at all on a player I have a ton of hands on in the beginning of the session. Then during the session (maybe sometimes after 1 hour of grind) the notes are showing.
    This is really crippling me. I am trying to solve this for at least the past 3 weeks and I can’t figure out what is going wrong.

The HEM stats are working just fine.
    Last edited by kdash; 07-02-2014 at 12:51 PM.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Your post includes a lot of information but leaves out how many hands/definitions you have. More hands and more definitions means more data to load and therefore is the most important factor in determining how long things take. Your HEM is likely lagging for 30 minutes because it is loading reports etc in the background.

HEM now has a very comprehensive list of things you can do to improve performance http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ance-tips.html
    Have you gone through this? The items regarding anti virus software and changing RAM cap and postgres settings are likely to yield the most benefit.
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

I also have the problem of NC notes/stats not showing up in my HUD. This just happened today, and it used to be fine.
    I updated HM2 yesterday, and I suspect this to be the cause. (How do I remove the update?)
    I also recall some program on my PC telling me that I have low storage (not sure if NC), even though I still have over half of my 512GB SSD left (I also have a 2TB external that is only used to archive hands).

No direction but to trust the final destination

Rather than removing the update you should click file->reset notes. This probably happened if you were using the 2.5 beta and updated your HM2 which downgraded you to 2.4 which uses a different database.
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

"Rather than removing the update you should click file->reset notes. This probably happened if you were using the 2.5 beta and updated your HM2 which downgraded you to 2.4 which uses a different database."

...You really are underestimating the problem here..

Here is what i have done recently in order to try to get these notes showing :

Changing my SSD SATA hard drive and replacing it by 2 mSATA SSD working on RAID.
    Uninstalling windows 7, reinstalling windows 7 and everything (HEM etc...). Then i realized at this point that windows 7 Home Premium wasn't supporting 32Go RAM but only 16Go.

So i bought windows 8 (which supports 32Go RAM). I reinstalled windows 8, reinstalled everything (same process with all the painfull shit of reimporting database, recreating all the notes. This might be the tenth time i am recreating all my notes in the past 2 weeks and believe me when i say that).

And guess what ? The notes are still not showing !

And of course i have done that already : "The items regarding anti virus software and changing RAM cap and postgres settings are likely to yield the most benefit. "

Banned

I believe you. Windows 8 definitly isn't an improvement over W7, and there's no advantage of 16GB RAM over 32GB, so you could have spared yourself that money and time. Not sure what made you do that, as I couldn't find it among any performance tip.

Are you using datamined hands?

Quote Originally Posted by HossendeHaai View Post
    Are you using datamined hands?
    Yes. Is this the issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    Rather than removing the update you should click file->reset notes. This probably happened if you were using the 2.5 beta and updated your HM2 which downgraded you to 2.4 which uses a different database.
    btw, this advice fixed my problem. I un/reinstall HM2 and friends (NC beta, postgres) and everything is back to work. (no mined hands, 500k ish total)

Ok thanks for the help.

"We are discussing this unique scenario with the developers to see what can be done. My guess is that they will need to make some code changes within HM2 and create a new config key name that can be edited to force HM2 to use more RAM based on the system specs when the database is large yet the hero has fewer hands than most villains."

Anything new regarding this ?