Removing inactive notes

Default Removing inactive notes

How can I remove notes that were added but I made them inactive? I decided to clean up my notes because my db is getting huge and I am not using a lot of them, so, made them inactive, pending tasks were made, but before being processed, pending tasks disappeared for some reason.

Now I can't find a simple way to remove those specific notes I don't want anymore. The only way I found seems to be making one note active, then inactive again, to make a pending task again, and one by one that would take hours. Reseting all and going from scratch doesn't seem like a good idea because my db is over 90gb and that would take forever. What am I missing?

Banned

You aren't missing anything. You named both options, most likely resetting is the way to go.

Wow that's disappointing, and shocking. Is a one click shortcut really so hard to make? I mean, right click definiton - pending task remove notes. Why on earth is that not included from the first ever half finished beta version?

Banned

It's not the creation of a pending task that's the problem, it's processing the task on a 90GB (!) DB. For the creation of those tasks you could just activate them and inactivate them all and the tasks would be recreated. You can try that, but as said when it's about multiple definitions my guess would be that a reset is quicker.

You know what's shocking to me? Ppl with your sense of entitlement who seem to know everything better and have no decency in communicating in general, let alone when talking about someone else his hard work or when replying to someone who voluntarily just answered his question.

Also please take note that NoteCaddy wasn't designed with DB's larger than one human could ever play in mind. Why on earth ppl have such databases?

No direction but to trust the final destination

Not a huge deal in any case. When a player's data is loaded and no definition is found for a note in the database, it gets deleted as rubbish data. Therefore this will just sort itself out eventually. Never heard of pending tasks just disappearing though
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Sorry if I spiked your blood pressure, I was just chatting with a random person answering my question expressing them my frustration, did not know you are involved in making this program that I absolutely love and I am thankful to you for making it and giving me an opportunity to use it.

I meant no hard feelings at all, I guess staying up all night and being awake 36 hours fighting with hem and notecaddy and trying to optimize them, and then having to wait another 24 hours to be able to play and use it shows the frustration in writing. It would be shocking if it didnt because all this time spent in vain is thanks to one bug and one missing feature that seems quite easy to add. I am not a programmer, so sorry if I am wrong, but it sure seems so. Improved sorting (ex. by most recently added) would help as well, it wouldnt be as hard to find the note you want to get rid off.

BTW as I am writing this, notecaddy crashed and lost pending tasks again. Luckily there were only few of them this time so not such a big waste of time (I was removing a couple of notes with the biggest runtime and boom).

Database size? Yeah I hate the fact that it takes so much space as well. I play poker for a living, play millions of handx and I guess I am not human. Cmon, I even have a fresh database with not so much hands in it. Most of the size is thanks to notecaddy definitions.

And yeah, I do think I am entitled to my sense of entitlement (!) when I payed for this program. If you dont want to listen to your users opinions thats your perogative, but dont call me an indecent human being because you misinterpreted what I wrote, my tone, and it somehow hit your ego. Short fuse, man, too short. Please continue working on this amazing piece of software and keep improving it. Thank you. And please listen to users opinions instead of attacking them.

sreticentv, I wish you made this comment sooner, before I removed all notes
    So they would have been deleted eventually? Is that for sure? Disk space on SSD is precious so it would be great if that is so.

Tasks disappeared when I closed and reopened HEM, and now for the second time again when it crashed.

No direction but to trust the final destination

HossendeHaai is not involved with programming note caddy. Anyone can answer any post they want on this site. Talk of data mining, however, is not permitted due to the fact that it violates all sites' terms and conditions. Please play by the rules and everything will work much better.

Unfortunately, talk of data mining on these forums puts NoteCaddy at risk of being added to the prohibited software lists
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)