How to scatter plot all hands peple have openjammed in my db?

Default How to scatter plot all hands peple have openjammed in my db?

Hey, I just bought notecaddy cause I was told on 2+2 that you could scatter plot for instance all hands people in my db have openpushed at say 10bbs stackdepth UTG. Iīve been trying for a while but I just canīt figure out how I do it.

Purpose is to base my assumptions for ranges in ICMizer and SNG wizard on for solid info IE the actual hands people have jammed and where the big clusters are so to speak.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Quote Originally Posted by Urban View Post
    Hey, I just bought notecaddy cause I was told on 2+2 that you could scatter plot for instance all hands people in my db have openpushed at say 10bbs stackdepth UTG. Iīve been trying for a while but I just canīt figure out how I do it.

Purpose is to base my assumptions for ranges in ICMizer and SNG wizard on for solid info IE the actual hands people have jammed and where the big clusters are so to speak.
    The ability to do that won't be available until the next version (2.5) which is going into beta this week - maybe as soon as tomorrow.
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    The ability to do that won't be available until the next version (2.5) which is going into beta this week - maybe as soon as tomorrow.
    Thatīs terrible and GREAT news at the same time. So obv this guy accidently "mislead" me/didnt know what he was talking about..(?)

Scatter plot over holdings from a batch of handhistories - Gambling and Poker Software Forum

Thanks

So now Iīve tinkered around with the Beta a litle bit, but I still canīt figure out how to do this...I Ive been using PT4 för the past 2 years so Im not yest accustomed to HEM2 in general maybe, so sorry for that, but please give me a hint here to speed up my learning-curve so to speak! thanks

When you say 10 BB stack depth do you mean his stack or effective? If you just mean his stack then it's quite easy.

Just make a preflop action sequence and specify his stack size as 0-10 big blinds and put raise for the action and "had to be allin".

Then for the description of the note make sure to include the variable $cardrange. Now in the HUD options screen select "Use caddy scatter" and pick a popup where to add it. If this doesn't help just let me know and I will create it and post it here but I am a little tied up with the beta so it would be tomorrow morning
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

When you say 10 BB stack depth do you mean his stack or effective? If you just mean his stack then it's quite easy.

Just make a preflop action sequence and specify his stack size as 0-10 big blinds and put raise for the action and "had to be allin".

Then for the description of the note make sure to include the variable $cardrange. Now in the HUD options screen select "Use caddy scatter" and pick a popup where to add it. If this doesn't help just let me know and I will create it and post it here but I am a little tied up with the beta so it would be tomorrow morning
    Are you sure you are not making the same mis-understanding as the guy on 2+2 who told me to buy Caddy hehe? What I want to look at is ALL hands EVERYONE in my database has pushed with 10bbs (sure effective,but sine theyīre usually shortstacks it will always be effective anyway) from UTG. Meaning, ALL hands from EVERYONE, EVER, in the same chart. Then I want to look at 7 BBs from Cut off, etc etc. Again my purpose is to build a more "scientific" base for my ranges when working with ICMizer SNG Wizard, so to speak.

What you describe seems to be how I look at ONE players range.. and this I could easily have done in PT4 or HM without notecaddy just filtering for stackdepth and position and and action in the range visualizer (in PT4, not sure what it was called in HM1, but it had one as well).

I hadn't seen the thread but I assume it's this one Scatter plot over holdings from a batch of handhistories - Gambling and Poker Software Forum

Which, if any software available, can help me visualize the startinghands and their frequency if I give it a batch of hands (handhistories)?

For instance I want to figure out what peoples ranges typically are for openjamming 10bbs in EP in my database.
    To me that doesn't say you're looking for a single graph for the whole player pool. Though in this thread you were clearer and I could have conceivably understood you better. NoteCaddy does notes for individual players. I can assure you that you were not deliberately misled. I apologize for any misunderstandings. I hope there are no hard feelings on your behalf. If you want you can email sales@holdemmanager.com and they will refund you since this software doesn't do what you paid for.

I hadn't seen the thread but I assume it's this one Scatter plot over holdings from a batch of handhistories - Gambling and Poker Software Forum

To me that doesn't say you're looking for a single graph for the whole player pool. Though in this thread you were clearer and I could have conceivably understood you better. NoteCaddy does notes for individual players. I can assure you that you were not deliberately misled. I apologize for any misunderstandings. I hope there are no hard feelings on your behalf. If you want you can email sales@holdemmanager.com and they will refund you since this software doesn't do what you paid for.
    Donīt worry about it. This wole thing made me take a look at HEM2 again, after swithing to PT4 like 1,5y ago, and I can see itīs improved a lot and that was valuable to find out! I can probobly find some great use for Notecaddy as well which will easily make up for the money I spent. However Iīd be willing to give you even (much) more could you make a program/add a function for what I was looking for!

Thanks for you quick replies though youīre plenty busy!

P.S. I actually posted a link to the 2+2 thread earlier in this thread but I assumed it was deleted cause it wasnīt allowed or whatever.. Maybe I just closed the window before I submitted the post, sorry (but yeah it was that one)!
    Last edited by Urban; 02-07-2014 at 07:15 PM. Reason: typo

Banned

There is a workaround to do this with HM2. Make a player alias and add regs with a high hand sample to that alias. Then in 'more filters', filter for the situation you're looking for. After that you can put up the hole card grid which will show you a visually pleasant presentations of holdings for that situation.