Notecreation extremely slow

Default Notecreation extremely slow

Hi,

First; If have a brand new PC with i7 processor that runs raid1. I have followed all of your suggestions to tune my setup (daily maintenance and defrag, firewall and antivirus setup, deleting log-files etc.). The last step was to reset all notes and run them again.

But still it is like HEM2 can only create 1-10 notes pr. second. Some of the notes a pretty complicated but still. Previously I have been able to do +800 notes pr. second.

On a different note, but maybe still relevant; After purging like 10million hands my DB went from 80gb to 20gb and from 17million to 7million - but still as can be seen from screenshot, it acts like it is in the process of creating notes on 17 million hands?!Note creation lagging.png

No direction but to trust the final destination

Quote Originally Posted by Rhincodon View Post
    Hi,

First; If have a brand new PC with i7 processor that runs raid1. I have followed all of your suggestions to tune my setup (daily maintenance and defrag, firewall and antivirus setup, deleting log-files etc.). The last step was to reset all notes and run them again.

But still it is like HEM2 can only create 1-10 notes pr. second. Some of the notes a pretty complicated but still. Previously I have been able to do +800 notes pr. second.
    It depends on how many definitions you have and how complex they are (like if they pull stats they are much slower). Also, when you use the turbo hand grabber with a big database it might start slow and then gradually speed up. You can also try running without turbo via file->settings->database settings

On a different note, but maybe still relevant; After purging like 10million hands my DB went from 80gb to 20gb and from 17million to 7million - but still as can be seen from screenshot, it acts like it is in the process of creating notes on 17 million hands?!Note creation lagging.png
    NC doesn't actually count your hands (that would take too long). It just gets the highest record number. That's why it says ESTIMATED at the end

I removed the 70 most "complex" notes and now it creates at +200/sec again and is almost done.

I guess this setup with NoteCaddy/HEM2 is just not ready for too many note creations - thats a shame.

This was an issue for me , I did not notice note creation was happening and it was causing problems for me playing on stars running in the background. This could be a problem for others too. When I did realise i could stop it I had to leave it running for 5 nights or more. This is redic obv as I will prob use .001% of the notes. And now I see I could turn off some of the more complex notes. I think you need to streamline this part.