Stars error after latest update

Default Stars error after latest update

Hi,

I updated the Stars application about an hour ago and tried to use HEM. I keep getting this error:

Then when I click "OK" it gives me this error:

If I click "Continue" it just seems to be stuck in a loop. It doesn't crash or stop my computer from working, but nothing happens either. And obviously if I click "Quit" then HEM closes, so at the moment I can't use it at all.

I'm using the latest beta and it was working yesterday.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Can you follow these instructions:

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
    2) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
    3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
    4) Reboot your computer
    5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...demmanager.zip
    7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmOmaha.exe
    8) Test if it for a while and see if it work
    9) Close down Holdem Manager and copy the config folder from step 1 and copy and overwrite it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
    10) Test if it works again for a while
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Thanks Morny, I'll have a go at this today.

One question: when I re-install HEM will I need to input the license code you sent me originally again? Or will I need a new one?

Edit: I've completed steps 1 and 2 and I've just realised that if I carry out step 3 and delete the RVG Software directory, I'll also delete my Tourney Manager folder. Will I also have to reinstall that? If so, is there anything I have to backup before I do that?
    Last edited by nomdeguerre; 04-26-2009 at 02:30 AM.

Ok I followed steps 1-7. I opened HEM but this gives me a trial version with 0 of 15 days remaining, so I can't just try it without registering. Do I just enter the license code I was sent upon purchase?

Edit: I tried my original license code and it worked. I'll use it this morning and if it seems to be working ok I'll then overwrite my old config folder as suggested and see if it still works.
    Last edited by nomdeguerre; 04-26-2009 at 06:02 AM.

In your case you can just delete the HoldemManager folder in the RVGSoftare, no need to delete Tourney Manager folder
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Hi again,

I followed the steps as instructed and the program worked fine. However I then changed the config folder for my old config folder, and immediately the old problem came back. So I think it's something to do with my config folder, specifically the "root element"?

Ok close Holdem Manager, then delete the holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder and then restart HM, youll need to resetup your auto import folders and then all should be fine

Great, thanks for your help!