"Unhandled exception has occured" when I start HM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Unhandled exception has occured" when I start HM

When I try to start my HM, I get an Error box saying " Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immedealtly.
    This type initializer for Module threw an exception."

Details Continue Quit

When I try Continue, nothing happens. HM tries to start up but it doesn´t.

When I try Details, I get this:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '<Module>' threw an exception. ---> <CrtImplementationDetails>.ModuleLoadException: The C++ module failed to load during appdomain initialization.
    ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified module could not be found
    at CModuleInitialize.LoadWpfGfx(CModuleInitialize* )
    at CModuleInitialize.{ctor}(CModuleInitialize* )
    at ?A0x828d0bb1.??__E?A0x828d0bb1@cmiStartupRunner@@Y MXXZ()
    at _initterm_m((fnptr)* pfbegin, (fnptr)* pfend)
    at <CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Initial izePerAppDomain(LanguageSupport* )
    at <CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport._Initia lize(LanguageSupport* )
    at <CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Initial ize(LanguageSupport* )
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at <CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Initial ize(LanguageSupport* )
    at .cctor()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at i.a()
    at i..ctor(cy A_0)
    at cy.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndPr oc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    HoldemManager
    Assembly Version: 1.11.5.4360
    Win32 Version: 1.11.05.4360
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/HoldemManager.exe
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    DevComponents.DotNetBar2
    Assembly Version: 8.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.3.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/DevComponents.DotNetBar2.DLL
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    DeployLX.Licensing.v3
    Assembly Version: 3.2.2000.0
    Win32 Version: 3.2.2000.3813
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/DeployLX.Licensing.v3.DLL
    System.Web
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4955 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
    System.Configuration

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/rele...e-release.html

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

----

Run a manual Windows Update and install ALL updates.
    Your error is being caused by not having installed all Visual C++ and .net framework updates. Those should all be included in the latest Windows Service Packs.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/rele...e-release.html

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

----

Run a manual Windows Update and install ALL updates.
    Your error is being caused by not having installed all Visual C++ and .net framework updates. Those should all be included in the latest Windows Service Packs.
    I did make an Windows Update manually, but for some reason it only installed half of the updates. As to why the other updates did not install I have absolutely no clue, but I am guessing this is where the problem lies. Once when I tried to install Net Framework 3.5 I got an error message saying I need to turn on or off Windows Feature. So, I when to "Turn windows features on or off" and tried to un-click the Net Framework box, but I got an error message saying it couldn´t do it properly.

I am using Windows 7, Firefox 4, AntiVir. I have made exceptions for HM and Postgres.
    Your help is greatly appriciated.

/Johan

First try to reboot.
    Run the Windows Update again.
    Reboot.
    Run the Windows Update again (repeat)

If most updates don't install, try to please reinstall your Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Run http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/dot...eanup_tool.zip
    2) Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dotnetfx35.exe
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

First try to reboot.
    Run the Windows Update again.
    Reboot.
    Run the Windows Update again (repeat)

If most updates don't install, try to please reinstall your Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Run http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/dot...eanup_tool.zip
    2) Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dotnetfx35.exe
    I rebooted, ran WU and it managed to install 22 items. I then rebooted, ran WU again and it says that 22 updates failed. I tried again a few times, but keep getting the same message. So, for some reason half of the updates (22) can not be installed.

Is Windows 7 updated to Service Pack 1?
    If it isn't you can download the service pack installer from microsoft.com:

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)

Also turn off User Account Control completely: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/1...-in-windows-7/

Now I tried the second option, I cleaned up the Net Framewoek and tried to install the new one. When the installation is almost done, I get the error message "You must use "Turn Windows features on or off" in the Control panel to install or configure Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1".

So I go to this map, but like I wrote earlier, for some reason when I try to un-click the Microsoft .Net box (which is blue instead of a V) I get the message "An error has occured. Not all the features were successfully changed".

It's a blue box on my computer too (not a "V").

Try to update Windows 7 to service pack 1

It's a blue box on my computer too (not a "V").

Try to update Windows 7 to service pack 1
    I managed to install some more files by shutting off the firewall and deactivate AntiVir and by installing some program I found on Microsoft, but still there is 2 files that fails to install (instead of 22) and one is the .Net framework.

I have also Validated my Windows and downloaded the first WSP1 using the link you posted. I reboot, try to install HM but get the exact same error box.

for some stupid reason it just totally refuses to install .Net Frameworks