problem registering software

Default problem registering software

not sure why my software is asking me to reregister, i didn't really change anything other than some windows updates. now it wont start and all it says is "there is issues with your license"

what i've tried so far:

- click "GO THERE NOW" button to go to Hold'Em Manager Poker Software - Poker Tracking and Analysis Software up another screen that just stays blank
    - manually login to Login to Holdem Manager, it says i have one license active, when i click on "reset my license" nothing happens. have tried logging out/ logging back in, using different browsers, different computers etc.
    - installed update 1.11.06g
    - when i click on "Details" it says "Detected Tampering or Unauthorized Removal of Storage" ?! wtf?

tried deleting these 2 files:
    1. Delete C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\holdemmanager.exe.ldat (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
    2. Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

any more suggestions?
    Last edited by famke7; 06-17-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/rele...e-release.html

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off.

Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...rHoldemManager
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/rele...e-release.html

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off.

Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...rHoldemManager

i'm running W7, firewall is off, and Avira is ativirus (have disabled for troubleshooting). i added exceptions anyway to firewall. all files are run as admin.

i upgraded to 1.11.7 prerelease, still same error.

i'm very frustrated with stupid anti-piracy nonsense....

First of all, we need to enable the option to see Hidden Files: How to see hidden files in Windows

Problems Registering Holdem Manager:

Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

This is a hidden SYSTEM file. (not just a regular hidden file)

Also please try this:

1. Create a new text document in the Config folder and name it LicDebug
    2. Open HM and register
    3. Close HM and delete the LicDebug.txt file
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

First of all, we need to enable the option to see Hidden Files: How to see hidden files in Windows

Problems Registering Holdem Manager:

Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

This is a hidden SYSTEM file. (not just a regular hidden file)
    I had already deleted these 2 files.

Also please try this:

1. Create a new text document in the Config folder and name it LicDebug
    2. Open HM and register
    3. Close HM and delete the LicDebug.txt file
    I believe this is what did it for me! I finally got past the registration stuff. I had to re-setup my postgres and will have to re-import all my hands again... looks like it will take a few hours. i hope you get this registration thing worked out soon, so I don't have to go through this all again the next time i do a windows update on my computer.

thanks for your help!

grrrr now when i go to run leakbuster, i get the same error again and when i click on details, it says:

"
    A valid license could not be obtained for 'LeakBuster2.5'. Please contact NAV for assistance.

DETAILS

Could not validate license "Professional Edition (LBP-)" in LeakBuster2.5.
    Detected tampering or unauthorized removal of secure storage.
    An administrator must run the application at least once before limited users can be validated.
    "

who is NAV? how do i register leakbuster now?!