cant create a database

Default cant create a database

Hi there, im currently planning to switch from PT3 to HM. I have currently installed Postgres 8.3 (which came with the install of Pt3).

Before purchasing i wanted to test it a bit, but i have a major Problem.
    HM can connect to Postgres but somehow cannot create a new DB. Running as admin user control stuff disabled. Im recieving the "connection establishement timeout, increase timeout value ..." error, now i searched a bit, and a common solution seems to be to disable any firewall/antivir, im not having a firewall since im behind a router, any antivir processes are stopped, but unfortunately that didnt solve the problem.

Pgadmin tells me that he cant recieve any data from the client : " Unknown winsock error 10061"

seems to mean this :

"Connection refused.
    No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it.
    This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the foreign
    host—that is, one with no server application running."

would it be possible to create the db within the postgres admin tool?

Have a look at this FAQ and let me know if PostgreSQL is running http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=34

Also close down any other programs using PostgreSQL in case there is some sort of sharing issue.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

nevermind i was running a pt3 import once that was finished everything worked out fine.

just a quick thanks tried it for one session and im stunned ... i was going to switch simply because pt3 is slow and seems to crash my pc when playing at pp..... but from what i could see hm is really amazing .. guess ill order it soon