how to copy config settting into new configs?

Default how to copy config settting into new configs?

hi,

i am trying to create new configs for different sites and games. Is there any way i could clone a config while creating new config. it's pretty tedious to repeat all of the same stuff for different configs.

i don't seem to be able to find anything from the menu of the software. is there any way to edit/copy certain files to accomplish the task?

thanks

-jun
    Last edited by Jun; 08-01-2008 at 07:19 AM.

This will be added but for now youll have to do it the long way.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Default not even a hardcore way of editing files in config directory?

i really dislike the fact of having to repeat all of details for each new config. i can deal with it if i could tweak the files in config directory but need instructions from developers.

thx

-jun

To be honest it would be probably more difficult to edit the files manually, its not just a matter of copying a file and renaming it, codes have to be edited in several spots and 1 spelling mistake would leave you with a corrupt file. The option to copy it will be available soon though. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Actually Jun it turned out to be easier than i expected but i havent tested it yet so backup before trying this.

Close HM and open the prefs.xml file, all your info for the default cnofiguration is contained within the lines:

<default.....
    </default>

So copy this and paste it underneath or above whichever suits but change one of them to something other than default eg

<full ring.....
    </full ring>

Bare in mind whichever one is called default will be loaded by default reagrdless of its position in the document. Anyway reload HM and you should now have 2 identical configs default and full ring to choose from.

***PLEASE ONLY DO THIS IF YOUR FAMILIAR WITH EDITING THE CODE AS YOU MAY DAMAGE YOUR CONFIG