Ipoker not importing all Hands
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ipoker not importing all Hands

Hi

Today when i finished playing me win$ and real won$ didnt matched. I checked it out and it seems that it had ALOT of import errors. Anyone working on this?
    i can mail the import errors file if anyone is interested?

/Bel

Please create a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=146 and import the hands from that session again and see does it pickup the missed hands
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Default hi

Hi again.

What will that help? I dont want to start new databases when something goes wrong. I cant see how this will help the problem either. But i can send the error log if you want?

7Bel

Default mumu

And once again when i am talking to you. The bug i posted about here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=4048 is still not fixed.
    Third time im posting about it.

/Bel

im having the very same problem; there is one hand i am sure is missing, but by the looks of it, there is probably more; here is some information that may help you find what is going on:

1. i have just reformatted my pc, but i backed-up and restored my database; at first sight, everything was working fine, i could see all my old hands

2. i always follow my performance with the Table Manager while i am playing, and that one hand did affect the Win/Loss stat, im sure; therefore the hand did get to the Table Manager but i cannot find it in the Session and/or Hands tabs

3. when i go look up in the iPoker site hh, i can see that missing hand, and they all are stored locally; so they are here somewhere

4. when i go to the folder where the iPoker site sends hh files, i see some xml, even when auto import is running; isnt it supposed to remove read files from there?

5. i changed the letter of my drive from C: to D during reformat:, and hence HM was trying to dispose old/read hh files in D:\...Old History\ which does no longer exist; i fixed that and created a folder called C:\...Old History\ and i see some files there, but C:\...History\ still has some in it too

please help on fixing this problem, as it is quite frustrating to consider that all the stats and performance graphs and reports i so carefully look at many times a day may be completelly throwing me off

rgds

yes, if i create a new database and import the hh files again (from the Old History folder described in my last post), it does show my missing hand(s) in session and report tabs

the site im playing at is Titan, i am using 1.07 version of HM (i have just installed it)

then how can i have these hands in the database i was using?

rgds

Looks like there was an issue with the old database, export the hands from the old one http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=173 and then open the new database and import them into that daabase and now use this new database instead
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Hi

I think you need to do a more thorogly investigation. I cant create new databases all the time. this is a fault in your program that i have bought and i would like to have the problem not reapear again in a few weeks.

/Bel

The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn’t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which can easily be rebuilt but in your case it happened to a system table.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport
    2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns (when you flick the power switch on the pc)
    3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago.

Hi

I dont have any power failures and my hard drive is only a few months old. No check disks made and no bad sectors.

I still dont understand how does that affect me not able to import New hands?

/Bel