Poker Software
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default can't get postgre to stop ****ing up

    Just reinstalled HEM and now i keep getting this error msg.

    uninstalled and reinstalled both post and hem several times and can't remember what i am doing different.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Tech Support Manager morny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,887

    Default

    http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=34 Follow the FAQ exactly and it will solve the problem
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

  3. #3
    Senior Member stretch00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    LAG'tard HELL
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feitr View Post
    Just reinstalled HEM and now i keep getting this error msg.

    uninstalled and reinstalled both post and hem several times and can't remember what i am doing different.
    Are you Xing out of HM? I get that error only when HM or PSGRE is not closed properly from FILE>exit. Same thing happens w/table manager.

    To fix I have to go to exit HM go> PSGRE stop service then re start PSGRE then HM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I do close it by Xing it but i've always done so and never had a problem. I can't even get HEM to load in any case.

    So i followed the FAQ and nothing helped. UAC has always been off, and the exe files are greyed out under administrator control (only the holdemmanager one actually has a tick in the greyed out box fwiw). I tried to start postgres by control panel, etc, but i get this error msg.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    Senior Member stretch00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    LAG'tard HELL
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feitr View Post
    I do close it by Xing it but i've always done so and never had a problem. I can't even get HEM to load in any case.

    So i followed the FAQ and nothing helped. UAC has always been off, and the exe files are greyed out under administrator control (only the holdemmanager one actually has a tick in the greyed out box fwiw). I tried to start postgres by control panel, etc, but i get this error msg.
    Ok. try this; in services make post gres automatic> close out HM from the top left corner FILE/exit. reboot your computer> START/ ALL PROGRAMS> PSGRE stop service > PSGRE again START SERVICE > then try & load HM again.
    the first error message you posted I have gotten,the second one I have never seen before. But I still think its because of the way HM & psgre work together,and if psgre is not up and available for HM it shows that first error.
    I hope this helps

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default

    postgres is already set to auto. i've tried starting it up thruogh control panel>admin services and it fails. When i try stopping it and starting it up thruogh all programs it just takes forever and like 30 dots come up then it just shuts down without apparantly actually starting postgre up (mb i'm crazy but i seem to remember it saying something in the command prompt box when it started, rather than just shutting down the window).

    really no idea coz i've reinstalled it several times without a problem. thanks for trying to help tho

    fwiw, the first thumbnail is what i get when i try to open HEM. I then get an error msg saying i should turn off uac (which has been off for ages). The 2nd pic is when i try to manually fire up postgre through HEM (you get the password, username little box, etc), which pops up after i click ok on the uac error msg and the 3rd pic i posted is what i got when trying to fire up postgre through control panel .... admin programs.
    Last edited by feitr; 02-04-2009 at 08:56 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member stretch00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    LAG'tard HELL
    Posts
    556

    Default thats it

    Quote Originally Posted by feitr View Post
    postgres is already set to auto. i've tried starting it up thruogh control panel>admin services and it fails. When i try stopping it and starting it up thruogh all programs it just takes forever and like 30 dots come up then it just shuts down without apparantly actually starting postgre up (mb i'm crazy but i seem to remember it saying something in the command prompt box when it started, rather than just shutting down the window).

    really no idea coz i've reinstalled it several times without a problem. thanks for trying to help tho

    fwiw, the first thumbnail is what i get when i try to open HEM. I then get an error msg saying i should turn off uac (which has been off for ages). The 2nd pic is when i try to manually fire up postgre through HEM (you get the password, username little box, etc), which pops up after i click ok on the uac error msg and the 3rd pic i posted is what i got when trying to fire up postgre through control panel .... admin programs.
    thats how gre starts 1 box then gone! did HM start after that?

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default

    nah, i had been trying that before as well. Is there a way to verify whether or not postgres is running (tho i presume it isnt' or HEM should start)?

  9. #9
    Senior Member stretch00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    LAG'tard HELL
    Posts
    556

    Default

    That I cant tell you I wish I could have helped. did u email support.net

  10. #10
    Tech Support Manager morny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,887

    Default

    You need to follow all the steps in the FAQ i linked to, if you skip one step it probably wont work
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can i stop 'Snapping to grid'
    By luckylucky in forum Manager General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 05:56 PM
  2. import won't stop
    By buster in forum Manager General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 06:57 PM
  3. How do you stop the HUD popup flickering?
    By jones4 in forum Manager General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 12:32 PM
  4. can't stop import
    By tommyrobin in forum Manager General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 05:21 PM
  5. Stop Import?
    By alexxx in forum Manager General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 12:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •