Blue screen of death using HEM

Default Blue screen of death using HEM

Ocassionally while using HEM, I will get a blue screen of death using Windows XP SP 2. Not entirely sure what's causing the crash because when I reboot the system error window doesn't give any relevant information. I have noticed that the crash seems to be triggered when I mouse-over an infobox in the HUD.

Can anyone help?

blue screens are most often bad ram or bad video card / video card driver. If it happens when you do something like mouse over then I'd be leaning towards the video card so make sure your drivers are updated as a first step.

Roy

Well my video card drivers are definitely up to date, I never crash when I play left4dead etc. I ran memtest and no corruption errors came up. I highly doubt it is my video card or RAM. Is there a possibility there are parts of my SQL database that are corrupted?

Does it give any details in the event log Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Logs, have a look in there next time there is a crash for the the corresponding time and post any relevant details
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 b3687348.

Default again

blue screen again, 10 minutes later

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 b3687348.

And this isnt happening with other programs? Usually the blue screen means somethings seriously wrong, can you trying running a system restore, also does it refer to any programs in the event log
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Bump.

I have this problem from time to time as well (maybe 30% of the time or so).

I cant find anything in common between the crashes. Ill click HM and it will start loading, then I get a Blue Screen and have to restart.

I cant find any useful error codes.

In general, should I just update HM and video drivers and hope it works?