Discrepancy between "vs Player" and "Graphs" tab

Default Discrepancy between "vs Player" and "Graphs" tab

Hey,

First, many thanks for adding the "vs Player" filter to the list of possible filters on the Graphs tab.

I've noticed [what I believe to be] some discrepancies, however, between the "vs Player" tab and the graphs created inside the "Graphs" tab when using a "vs Player" filter.

For instance, let's say I use the "vs Player" tab to see how much I'm up against a specific opponent over the course of the past month. Let's say that number is $1000.

If I then attempt to create a graph of my winnings against that player in the "Graphs" tab [by using the new "vs Player" filter] I'll often get a number entirely different from the $1000 figure which appeared in the "vs Player" tab. Sometimes the number is off dramatically.

These numbers *should* match, yes? [Assuming I'm looking at hands over the same time table and at the same limits, etc, etc.]

Escalated to morny (Support), he will answere asap.

When your using the filter what have you set for "Only Include hands where you won or lost at least "x" $ vs players?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

I have it set at the default value of 0.

Another [potential] bug I just noticed when messing around with that value just now, though:

If I change the value to anything above 0 the graph changes dramatically...however, I tried inputting a multitude of values between $1 and $350 and the graph didn't change AT ALL [even though I won and lost many many pots between $1 and $350 against this player.]

Any thoughts on this?

As far as I can tell either there's either something wrong with the "vs Player" tab or the "vs Player" filter in the Graph tab [or both, but that seems unlikely.]

I've put an hour or so into trying to isolate different variables and trying different configurations to figure out what's going on but I haven't made much progress. As it stands, the "vs Player" filter seems useless.

The vs player tab will only show $ won or lost directly against that player while the "vs player" filter shows any hand you played against the player.

The vs player $won/lost property had a bug in earlier versions. Are you running 1.07?

Roy

I'm running 1.07, yes.
    Based on your comments, the 'issue' I'm describing might not be an issue at all. I expected the two tabs to match...but you're telling me that they're actually tracking different things.

My main interest is this:

1.) Determine how much I'm up or down against a certain player over a certain stretch of time.
    2.) Determine how much I "should" be up or down against that player once you factor in the EV differences.

Looking at it again, I might be able to get this data from the "vs Player" tab alone: Select a certain opponent, set "min BB's won or lost" = 0, and then compare the "$" field to the "EV $ Diff" field? That should get me the data I'm interested in, yes?

Yeah that should do although multiway pots might mess things up when it comes to multiway calculations
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.