Create new DB?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Create new DB?

Default Create new DB?

I was woundering if I could start a new Database for my HM?
    Currently I think I must have 3million + hands and when I start the program it freezes for a couple of minutes because the DB is to big, so now I'm going to start to play on another site and I want a new and fresh DB for that site. Is this possible?

options/Databas management/"connect"/create new database (I donīt work for HM, just thought I could help)

You can also find a FAQ here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=146

Nevetheless, 3millions hands is not very big for HM, generally there isn't problem with a DB with this size.

What's your version?

I have the newest version.

I used a Database for Ipoker. But I'm going to start playing on pokerstars and I want a new DB for it. Is there any negative things about it? I assume It will work faster with a new DB then a old DB with 3million + hands.

What do I do with my old DB then, will it run slower if I have 2 DBs? I dont want to use my old DB and I dont want to remove it, but if it will be slower with 2 databases can I remove all hands older then 2months EXCEPT MY HANDS ?

Hi,

HM should be well able to handle 3m hands, some people run in excess of 10m without problems. Heres some things that might help if your experience lag http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=162

HM dosent support multiple database although you can actually create a new one like nemesis mentioned and just stop using the older one and switch back to the older one at the latest stage but your Hud will only take the info from 1 database at a time
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

So I created a new DB for stars and it works great so I dont use the old one now.. but now when I play at stars the note taking system doesnt not appear so I can not take notes trough HM but I could do it on ipoker...

One more thing, when I move a stat for one table then the stats on other tables will do the same move...I dont want this. All the stats are in wrong place for all the players.
    Last edited by Lucky_L; 12-08-2008 at 04:21 PM.

Can you try this: http://overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/KeyboardRedirect also make sure you have the newest version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...te1.07beta.exe and make sure force ontop isnt selected in Hud Options > Table Preferences and if it is untick it and restart HM, other things that can cause the problem are AHK scripts so disable any of them to find out if thats it and also Ultramon can cause this problem

For the messed up stats this is by design so you need to configure your preferred seating, see here for details: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=96
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_L View Post
    but now when I play at stars the note taking system doesnt not appear so I can not take notes trough HM but I could do it on ipoker...
    Be sure the "Show note icon" is checked in "HUD Options => Player Preferences" for the HUD you use with PokerStars.

Everything works great now except one little thing.
    The mucked hands that are shown when a player losses and it gets to showdown are shown on the wrong seats insetad of that players own seat it goes to some on elses...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_L View Post
    Everything works great now except one little thing.
    The mucked hands that are shown when a player losses and it gets to showdown are shown on the wrong seats insetad of that players own seat it goes to some on elses...
    Is that ok for the HUD? Or have you the same issue for it.