PostgreSQL cannot start error 127.0.0.1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PostgreSQL cannot start error 127.0.0.1

What can i do to start HM work again , if it is possible with saving my database. I tried to re-install PostgreSQL as on FAQ i saw said but did not work. Also i don't remember the pass but i have already change the pg_hba file to trust from md5.

The standard password is postgrespass.

1. Reboot your computer
    2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
    3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"
    4. Check our FAQ:
    http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...rt+PostgreSQL+

I delete the hidden file and now HM it is working again. Thanks for the help

Made format on my pc , restored my db played poker and suddenly today i am getting again cannot start error 127.0.0.1 . Made all the above nothing happen . Also re-install postgreSQL still nothing. Change the file with the password ( from md5 to trust) nothing. What else can i do ? HM2 also does not open.
    Forgot to mentioned , Windows 7 64bit , postgreSQL 8.3 ( to be able to restore my db) , HM1 1.12.10 and HM2 the latest update.
    Last edited by nothing; 03-25-2012 at 10:10 AM.

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Install http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary...l-8.2.22-1.zip just to check if that will run.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

This looks like a bug in the latest update, that's all; the database does not get opened because hem is unable toconnect to it. There are all kinds of advice given and surprisingly some work to some people, but nothing works to me, thoigh there is a sticky to change that etc-file's a numbet to the bottom but what's bottom and the exacple has other there too than the number line and the text (locahost or something) that's supposed to be the only one out there. Also, saving just makes a notepad file there as it's opened with a notepad, and anyway I have a lot of those number lines with that text on that file already.

Read:
    http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8182
    to check if you have a corrupted hosts file.

Try installing PostgreSQL 8.2 to port 5433.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Unable to connect 127.0.0.1
    HEM version 1.12.09 windows XP
    everything had been fine. Used it today and when tried again THE error.
    Tried all including deleting Norton after adjusting firewall. Windows firewall is always off. I can't find windows defender. Is that on XP?
    Deleted and reinstalled postgres after reinstalling Norton. pid file does not exist.

I did not try installing postgresSQL 8.2 as per last post. In the FAQ it says that you need to use the same version in order to use your database. If this is something to do does 8.3 need to be removed? What use is 8.2?

Would HEM2 make any difference?

Not being a computer expert I have followed the instructions as best I can for a few hours and have run out of walls upon which to bang my head.

I just checked the last sticky about defender and it looks ok. Local host 127.0.0.1

Again it was working fine, I closed HM and when I opened HM an hour later it wasn't. I did not turn off my computer, I believe there were no windows updates, Norton updates several times an hour but these are mostly definitions and again the problem continued after I uninstalled Norton.

HM2 will make no difference.

Install 8.2: http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary...l-8.2.22-1.zip
    to a different port. Connect to it. Reimport your hands.

The advantage of 8.2 is it will always run. (whereas 8.4/9.0 can sometimes stop working, or don't run at all)