HUD hates me
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HUD hates me

Default HUD hates me

I have been getting an "incorrect parameter" error msg. Afterward, my hud stats will all freeze until I actually "end the process" with task mgr.

This also has caused my tables to freeze all week causing timeouts, and worse, usually when I have a premium and most of my chips in... I'll literally get sat out.

Reboot, and they will work for a while then do the same.

I am running version 1.11.05 Beta

Win Vista - Home premium 32bit / UAC is and has been turned off for ages.

I have completed almost all suggested steps in the forum, including:

Recently defragmented hard drive w/ "power defrag", database "housekeeping", cleaned pc w/ "crap cleaner"- removed unecessary programs, etc , fine tuned postreSQL db, allowed exceptions through firewall and defender as suggested....probably more.

Yet, when HM import is not running everything runs fast and smooth.

With it running, windows goes to hell.

Please help. I'm UBER-frustrated and am not even running a HUD right now.

P.S. I found one post on this topic, but it was locked and links from mod were no good

Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...6_Internal.exe

Check if your Vista is updated to Service Pack 2, also run a manual Windows Update and install ALL updates

Read:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ease-tips.html

I'd also just create a NEW empty database, reimporting your old hands from your archive folder
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Updated to newest version, other things had already been done.

I created as new DB. After importing all of the hh, I attempted to optimize the DB and got this error:

[1/24/2011 7:03 AM] Starting optimization
    [1/24/2011 7:03 AM] Optimizing NewDB...[1/24/2011 7:12 AM] error: ERROR: 57014: canceling statement due to user request[1/24/2011 7:12 AM] error: at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3> d__a.MoveNext()
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.IterateThroughAllResponses(IEnu merable`1 ienum)
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseRegisteredListen()
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseResources()
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.UngetPooledConnector(Np gsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnectorI nternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnector( NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleaseConnector(Npgsql Connection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Close()
    at HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeDb(String db, Int32 type)
    at HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeAsync()[1/24/2011 7:12 AM] Error...please contact support@holdemmanager.com

The builtin optimization doesn't work in some system configurations.

You can do a manual vacuum/full and reindex via pgadmin instead.
    FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Vacuum Analyze Database

TY. The manual db housekeeping worked.

However, something is wrong with the new db I created. ??

I exported all my hands from the old db , then manually re-imported them into the new db and did housekeeping. All of my hh are not showing. I just went to the tourney results tab, and there aren't any of my biggest wins listed. ?? Obviously I do not have ANY filters on.

There are 325 tourneys listed as incomplete??
    Why do so many tourneys NOT have the summary?

Confused

Also, even in my old db I have 115 tourneys showing as incomplete.(on one site)
    Why is this? How do i fix it also, please?

*edit: I am now trying to import them from the archive folder, as you suggested. Instead of from the file I exported them to. Maybe that will help? Looking optimistic because it is importing thousands of files instead of hundreds. lol.

Can u plz answer my ?'s about the incomplete tourneys and missing summaries still?

Thanks
    Last edited by The_Closer; 01-25-2011 at 03:42 AM.

Banned

If the incomplete tournies were played on Pokerstars, you need to request the tourney summaries from Stars and import them. Check the FAQ or search on here... there are plenty of threads about it.

Not PS. TY tho. They are FTP tourneys. ??

I understand how to import PS summaries. Still confused why the FTP ones aren't there?

thx

Re-imported hh from the archive file w/ no success.

I show 2318 tourneys completed

328 incomplete hh w/ no summaries. ???

822 with an "unknown buy in"

The only way I actually knew there was a problem is just because NONE of my biggest wins are listed in the tourney results tab.

I went back to my old db and all of the data is accurate there. Except the 115 w/ no summary. ??

Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...6_Internal.exe

Reimport your archive folder.
    If a SNG/MTT then shows up as unknown buyin, email us a handhistory + summary file
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I am re-importing from the archive folder now, almost done.

Most are duplicates, but it has imported some.
    Approx. 1% of the hands were not duplicates.

ie. Hands imported: 1000
    Duplicate hands: 100,000

I am seeing 10 import errors so far, and an equal amount of incomplete hands.

Is this something I need to fix or can I just disregard it?

Why were these (the thousands,not the 10) not imported the 1st two times?

Is this something I should be doing often as maintenance, (re-importing from archive) to avoid HM NOT importing all of my hands somehow?

Edit: Import finished with 31 import errors and 20 incomplete hands.

Thanks
    Last edited by The_Closer; 01-25-2011 at 06:36 PM.