Trouble Importing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Trouble Importing

Hi,

HM seems to be failing to import some of my hands. I've noticed two things:

1) As of yesterday I could not import purchased hand histories. All attempts to do so ended with 'import errors'.

2) The showdown winnings line on my graph has gone flat for the last 1000 hands (which is when I noticed the import problem). The non-showdown line seems to be accurate.

Any help is appreciated.

Cliff

Same here. Cant import any purchased hands since the newest release. Tried it with a new DB and it works then. But I also cant export any hands to create a new DB because I get the "currently you can only export" error as well. Please provide a fix for that immidiately, because I cant play at all with those problems.

Can I try un-installing HM and re-installing it by downloading from the site again...or will I have to buy HM again after un-installing?

Of course you dont have to buy it again. But maybe you could try to create a new DB first in case you have a backup of your HHs (as I said importing the hands to a new DB works for me, but I cant export my current Hands so reinstalling wouldnt change anything for me because I dont have a backup of my existing hands).

Playing now and everything reports correctly in my table manager but the hands don't make it into my session tab correctly.

Does this problem indicate a corrupt database?

Not sure where to go from here.

Cliff

I dont think (and hope) that the DB is corrupt. I can access it with pqadmin and it shows no errors there. I had no problems creating a full DB backup too. When I tried to import the purchased hands to a new DB I didnt check the sessions tab though, so cant tell anything about it. I just hope we will get an answer from the support/a fast fix soon.

Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...1.11.05e-1.exe

If the hands still result in import errors, create a NEW empty database--> reimport your hands.

The issue usually is a corrupt index/database
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

The update didnt change anyhing for me. I also made a sucessfull reindex but doesnt change anything. And a new DB will not work until you fix the "currently you can only export" error while trying to export the hands.

Yes, same thing here. No change from update and same import error.

Please create a new empty database and import only some of the hands for a test. You don't need to export hands first. Use the original handhistory files from the archive (default c:\hmarchive)